: ECUFlash Maps

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

gunzo
02-02-2009, 01:46 AM
General
If you do not know where to start use Evo X Generic files please ..

Evo X GSR Generic (http://www.digitalcanaan.com/roms/EvoXGSR_GenericBase.hex)
Evo X MR Generic (http://www.digitalcanaan.com/roms/USDM SST-USDM SST-Generic.hex)
Should be a safe start for everyone (from stock to 90Oct to trouble free running) ..
note peak boost you guys should see (~21psi) and tapering down to around 14psi ..
Fuelling is still on the rich side .. but use your own WBO2 and work off it .. you should be fine with this map though
Ignition timing is stock .. BUT reduced up top to account for stock and 90Oct fuel (stock Evo knock badly between 5-6500rpms) .. so adjust them as you see fit ..
Mivec is modified JDM ..

Evo X GSR 91OCT (http://www.digitalcanaan.com/roms/Evo_XGSR-91Oct IntExh.hex)
Evo X MR 91 Oct (http://www.digitalcanaan.com/roms/USDM SST-91Oct.hex)
Modified boost to run slightly up high (improved breathing) should taper to 17-18psi versus stock
fuelling modified -( doesn't look much difference but trust me there's more than 10% difference ! :D)
Timing is reduced up top .. but increased up to ~5000rpms ..
More boost / leaner / slightly more timing than GENERIC

Evo X GSR 93OCT (http://www.digitalcanaan.com/roms/Evo_XGSR-93OctIntExh.hex)
Evo X MR 93 Oct (http://www.digitalcanaan.com/roms/USDM SST-93Oct.hex)
Peak 24-25psi tapering to 18-19psi
fuelling is modified but still pig rich
Timing is aggressive JDM up to 4000rpms .. then stock (adjust as you see fit)
More boost / slightly more timing than 91Oct

NOTE: I do not know how high a boost you can run on 91 Oct ..
You should see 22-20psi tapering to 16-17psi on this

Thanks to SupremeX for sharing his webserver for the files ..

My Paypal (gunzo@singnet.com.sg) account if you feel generous ..

Johnny V
02-02-2009, 01:58 AM
mighty nice of you! If I had my X Id love to report back results..lol

lwevert
02-02-2009, 02:41 AM
wow this has only been officially released for a few days and people are starting to share. I love this website.

SupremeX
02-02-2009, 02:49 AM
How will this work on 93oct?

SupremeX
02-02-2009, 03:01 AM
Ohh... Forgot to share... Gunzo, you rule!!! How about we setup some donations for you for your work!! Anyone else game??????

gunzo
02-02-2009, 06:19 AM
Ohh... Forgot to share... Gunzo, you rule!!! How about we setup some donations for you for your work!! Anyone else game??????

:bowlol:

I'm not against this ..

Papi4baby
02-02-2009, 10:10 AM
:bowlol:

I'm not against this ..

:props:

Thanks for the support.

ZLAYER
02-02-2009, 12:57 PM
How will this work on 93oct?
+1, Im most interested in the 93 map with intake! man this is exciting!

gunzo
02-02-2009, 03:17 PM
+1, Im most interested in the 93 map with intake! man this is exciting!

added 93Oct

changes

Low end Ign timing matches JDM .. above 4000rpms no change

Fuelling catered for intake (DIFFERENT FROM 91OCT!)

Boost is higher (but also catered for a GST boost pill)
NOTE : I DO NOT KNOW HOW MUCH ACTUAL BOOST IS GOING TO BE WITH THE BOOST PILL !!

Guys without the boost pill will get approx 24psi tapering to may 17-18psi (since I attempt to cater for boost pills .. the boost will obviously be lower for stock pills)

Again .. feedback please

xPRimNT
02-02-2009, 04:03 PM
added 93Oct

changes

Low end Ign timing matches JDM .. above 4000rpms no change

Fuelling catered for intake (DIFFERENT FROM 91OCT!)

Boost is higher (but also catered for a GST boost pill)
NOTE : I DO NOT KNOW HOW MUCH ACTUAL BOOST IS GOING TO BE WITH THE BOOST PILL !!

Guys without the boost pill will get approx 24psi tapering to may 17-18psi (since I attempt to cater for boost pills .. the boost will obviously be lower for stock pills)

Again .. feedback please

As I'm looking at these maps and making sense of the changes, would you mind commenting on how the boost pill assembly will affect everything? What values should we be altering to maintain a safe level of boost, but still get a good effect?

I guess I'm asking if the boost pill change will affect the car enough to warrant ordering one. I know the ECUFlash guys tend to like them, but you seem to be milking quite a bit even without the pill change.

Thanks in advance, and keep up the awesome work! I don't even have my tuning stuff yet and I appreciate it, I can't imagine the guys who can actually use this stuff now!

SupremeX
02-02-2009, 04:44 PM
As I'm looking at these maps and making sense of the changes, would you mind commenting on how the boost pill assembly will affect everything? What values should we be altering to maintain a safe level of boost, but still get a good effect?

I guess I'm asking if the boost pill change will affect the car enough to warrant ordering one. I know the ECUFlash guys tend to like them, but you seem to be milking quite a bit even without the pill change.

Thanks in advance, and keep up the awesome work! I don't even have my tuning stuff yet and I appreciate it, I can't imagine the guys who can actually use this stuff now!

The pill is only like 15 bucks!!! I will be doing some logging this weekend to let everyone know what the boost is with the pill.

xPRimNT
02-02-2009, 04:57 PM
The pill is only like 15 bucks!!! I will be doing some logging this weekend to let everyone know what the boost is with the pill.

:P Just because something is inexpensive doesn't mean it's automatically worth the time/effort involved!

I'm just curious before I pull the trigger. Wondering what is actually happening.

Wicked White
02-02-2009, 05:11 PM
im stoked to see some more maps :)

xbox4414
02-02-2009, 06:00 PM
FYI: The 91 map has bad check air flow maps. I loaded the map to check it this morning and rolling down the street not even before 3000 RPM's there was a slight stumble and CEL. Pulled over, pulled the code. It was a fuel pump out of range code. I don't remember the exact code, but I've gotten it before. With some tweaks to the check air flow tables it should be solved.

SupremeX
02-02-2009, 06:08 PM
FYI: The 91 map has bad check air flow maps. I loaded the map to check it this morning and rolling down the street not even before 3000 RPM's there was a slight stumble and CEL. Pulled over, pulled the code. It was a fuel pump out of range code. I don't remember the exact code, but I've gotten it before. With some tweaks to the check air flow tables it should be solved.

I noticed you have an open filter. That map is designed for a bone stock car. Have you tried the 93 oct one that is designed to work with an intake?

EDIT: Just realized you are in Cali with 91 oct.

xbox4414
02-02-2009, 06:24 PM
The open air filter should not throw a code that early. I have used other maps and it took much longer and it was on track for that code to be thrown. So lite driving like this threw me off. So I put my custom map back on. I will be tweaking my map and posting it later. And ya....shitty 91 Cali gas...

verkion
02-02-2009, 11:42 PM
Anyone with MR's running these maps?

gunzo
02-03-2009, 12:32 AM
The open air filter should not throw a code that early. I have used other maps and it took much longer and it was on track for that code to be thrown. So lite driving like this threw me off. So I put my custom map back on. I will be tweaking my map and posting it later. And ya....shitty 91 Cali gas...

Its' not fuel pump out of range ..
Its MAS plausibility ..

Thanks for highlighting .. forgot about the USDM unable to run the MAS from JDM :D
It's fixed .. try again thanks ..

Verkion .. the maps work for MR too .. you just need to use the MR ROM ..
in fact the ROM is the same .. it's just the serial number is different

gunzo
02-03-2009, 12:41 AM

The boost pill changes the orifice of the boost control solenoids .. allowing you to effectively run higher boost than possible with the stock setup ..

It does this by lowering the duty cycle of the boost control solenoids .. so it doesn't work as hard to get the same boost as stock

My experience on the OE setup on JDM is 21psi easy on stock setup .. tighten the wastegate actuator

The beta testers for USDM claimed max on the USDM cars are only 18psi .. thats the reason why most runs aftermarket pill ..

so far .. 7 years of Evo ownership told me that anything more than 21 psi is just plain hotair :D .. again .. since the newer turbos are smaller and the motors more efficient .. I may be wrong this time round .. I can't tell without the efficiency graph of the new turbo ..

EvoX08
02-03-2009, 01:19 AM
the 93oct wont open can you put it in something other than zip.file?

flagg77
02-03-2009, 02:40 AM
Umm.... you just made my day. I've been at work since 7:30am EST, its now 10:40 est and i'm still going. I decided to take a couple minutes to check my favorite site to see whats up and i see this thread.

:godance:

linjy2
02-04-2009, 12:51 AM
thanks gunzo, i will try this map out soon.

if we were to swap out the boost pill, which one do we swap out? currently i took out my boost pill just to run the AP stage 2 map.

but i want to try out ecuflash also.

gunzo
02-04-2009, 12:55 AM
I believe if you remvoe the boost pills to go back stock .. you need to swap out all 3 .. I don't know ..

linjy2
02-04-2009, 01:04 AM
guess ill figure something out. i just took one out to run the AP map (still have the other 2). but i was wondering if its the same one that people swap out to a bigger pill.

gunzo
02-04-2009, 01:18 AM
updated to include a 91 OCT rom intake and exhaust mod

on2it
02-04-2009, 02:53 AM
thanks gunzo. Its great to belong to a community that have sharing members like you. Many thanks!!

linjy2
02-04-2009, 04:55 AM

i just flashed my friends car with a intake, test pipe, catback, ebc and he got the same problem.
p1235 i think?

itznoraa
02-04-2009, 04:55 AM
Me and linjy tried the 93 oct map.

My mods : Test pip, catback, ebc, and cone filter.

The first pull i did, def felt the kick. Then it threw a bunch of codes regarding AWC and kept throwing a Fuel pump out of range i believe its P1235.

gunzo
02-04-2009, 04:57 AM
Me and linjy tried the 93 oct map.

My mods : Test pip, catback, ebc, and cone filter.

The first pull i did, def felt the kick. Then it threw a bunch of codes regarding AWC and kept throwing a Fuel pump out of range i believe its P1235.

Yes .. use the new ones .. I just changed them yesterdat.. I forgot about the limiter maps .. USDM cannot run the more aggressive limiters ..

itznoraa
02-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Thanks, ill try to data log the some runs, and post the results on here....If i know how to.

itznoraa
02-04-2009, 04:34 PM
i changed my boost limit this morning, and ran the 93 oct tune again.

I got a throttle position in high circuit p1234 CEL.
And the a P0222. but the "fuel system out of range" p 1235 is gone now.

xPRimNT
02-04-2009, 05:00 PM
This may sound dumb, but is there a good way to compare maps?

I mean, if I'm looking at the Stock vs gunzo's 91, is there an easier way to see the differences and changes that have been made than going through each individually and trying to figure it out?

Regardless of the answer, I'm learning lots! Thanks gunzo!

(and does anybody have any information on the ECU Options and the functions associated with each?)

ZLAYER
02-04-2009, 07:42 PM

I havent got my cord yet to flash, so you keep being a good little ginea pig, so any bugs can be worked out by the time I am able to do mine:-P!
Thanx to all who are contributing, this is very cool technology!

xbox4414
02-04-2009, 07:47 PM
If you are still getting those codes I think it's the limiters again.... I changed the 91 map with my custom limiters and it's doing fine. Tonight I'm gonna data log again and fine tune the AFR's and timing to what I want. Woohoo for ECUFlash for the X!

itznoraa
02-04-2009, 07:48 PM
If you are still getting those codes I think it's the limiters again.... I changed the 91 map with my custom limiters and it's doing fine. Tonight I'm gonna data log again and fine tune the AFR's and timing to what I want. Woohoo for ECUFlash for the X!

Which limiters did you remove, cause i wanna try tooooo:D

xbox4414
02-04-2009, 07:54 PM
Air flow check and torque limiters I believe.

linjy2
02-04-2009, 07:56 PM
I havent got my cord yet to flash, so you keep being a good little ginea pig, so any bugs can be worked out by the time I am able to do mine:-P!
Thanx to all who are contributing, this is very cool technology!
thats what we said when we flashed it last night.

if you gained power thats $100 for tuning, if ur engine blows, we are not liable. lol!

Lan Evo VIII
02-04-2009, 08:50 PM
thats what we said when we flashed it last night.

if you gained power thats $100 for tuning, if ur engine blows, we are not liable. lol!

haha, it was actually 50 but 100 works for me :D

gunzo
02-04-2009, 11:19 PM

Iztnoraa, did you download the newer versions I updated ?

You should be ok with the newer version .. because I forgot to change the limiters from a previous flash .. he had the same problems also :D

Open up your airflow limiters map and check to make sure you do not have 255 anywhere on the map..

On the 93 you should not have a 1234 or 222 with the new version .. I'm more worried about fuel lean code on the 91Oct ..

thank you .. your feedback help me understand the ECU better and discover more tunable maps ..

For guys with TEST PIPES .. I'll need your help for the O2 test CEL removal :D

xbox4414
02-04-2009, 11:46 PM
What can I do for you dude?!? I'm running cat-less. But I rarely get a CEL and the CEL I get is "no activity". As it's out of the test pipe and my WB O2 is temporarily there...

flagg77
02-05-2009, 12:57 AM
So i'm finally getting a chance to start going through the base map and some of the maps you've posted gunzo. I'm finding that most of my confusion with the maps stems from the simple "what the hell is it doing" question.

So for example i was looking at my rom (evox w/ 2nd reflash) noticed that my boost control load offset is set to 80 "load" but yours is set to 100.

So what is that controlling? Is there a wiki / forum somewhere that breaks this down?

I'm having the same confusion on the boost target engine load tables. These are rpm vs throttle vs engine load(?). So what am i telling the ecu in this table. Seems like i'm saying "ecu, if your at 4k rpm, and i go WOT, go to load cell 141.9? That *cant* be right. Stock is 155, yours is 141.9.

So yea, any help / pointers you can give on these specific questions would be awesome, but i'm wondering what i can read / research in addition to that.

Otherwise i'm going to light UP this thread with questions lol.

/goes to read for 453243th time evom's "how to tune and evo" thread

ZLAYER
02-05-2009, 01:15 AM
Will the 93oct with intake map work without overboosting if I install the GST motorsports boost pill, or would the wastegate tables need to be adjusted?

gunzo
02-05-2009, 01:39 AM
So i'm finally getting a chance to start going through the base map and some of the maps you've posted gunzo. I'm finding that most of my confusion with the maps stems from the simple "what the hell is it doing" question.

So for example i was looking at my rom (evox w/ 2nd reflash) noticed that my boost control load offset is set to 80 "load" but yours is set to 100.

Its an offset :godance:
This number is added to the EngineLoad to give you your actual desired engine load

I'm having the same confusion on the boost target engine load tables. These are rpm vs throttle vs engine load(?). So what am i telling the ecu in this table. Seems like i'm saying "ecu, if your at 4k rpm, and i go WOT, go to load cell 141.9? That *cant* be right. Stock is 155, yours is 141.9.

I have a +20 offset higher than stock now .. so the boost is still higher ..
for 91 Oct .. its better to let it peak instantaneous, move the car and coast down on the boost .. that's what I'm doing ..

An approximation is 141.9 +100 = 249 loadsite ~ 21psi +/-
155 +80 = 235 loadsite ~18-19psi +/-

For the JDM .. the load numbers are quite logical .. they approximate quite closely to absolute pressure on a stock car .. ie 250 = 250kpa Abs = 150kpa gauge ..

Added
ZLayer - Yes seems like they will overboost.. check below for the guide .. so if you do not have the pills .. the boost is going to hunt up and down for a while until it can match the loads :D

And Yes .. it learns the boost profile very well .. much better than EBCs .. after 3-4 times boosting .. the boost curve is steady with no more spikes ..

GST Boost Pills guide (use this if you have aftermarket pills)
5000 @ 76% primary / 42% secondary = 24psi
5500 @ 80% primary / 42% secondary = 23.5psi
6000 @ 85% primary / 44% secondary = 22.5psi
6500 @ 97% primary / 62% secondary = 21psi
7000 @ 100% primary / 90% secondary = 20psi
7400 @ 100% primary / 94% secondary = 19.5psi

flagg77
02-05-2009, 02:27 AM
wait for it...

wait for it....

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh..... ok... i get it!

:D

lol, thanks man. I appreciate the explanation. I didn't realize that those tables were being used by the ecu to "artificially" raise my engine load to a specific load cell. Starting to "see" how this flows a bit better now. Your utilizing those tables to get the boost up to a target load cell. The load cell i hit is determined by:

(my engine speed) vs [ (how heavy my foot is) + (static boost offset constant) + (BTEL) ]

Once you hit a desired load cell, and a rough boost level, then you start tuning ign. timing and afr's.

flagg77
02-05-2009, 02:45 AM
also, is it safe to say that for:

mivec intake
mivec exhaust
evap map
open loop load low and high

#1 is for 'warm up' and #2 is for normal?

itznoraa
02-05-2009, 03:14 AM
haha flagg77 im just as lost as you are buddy

gunzo, i downloaded your new map. It fixed the all the problems. I changed the boost limit values to all 319 (max). I am still getting a p1235 " fuel pump out of range" code. any suggestions? im running an EBC but i barely boost b4 the CEL comes on.

dollar99
02-05-2009, 04:54 AM
Can I flash this on to an MR?

gunzo
02-05-2009, 06:25 AM
haha flagg77 im just as lost as you are buddy

gunzo, i downloaded your new map. It fixed the all the problems. I changed the boost limit values to all 319 (max). I am still getting a p1235 " fuel pump out of range" code. any suggestions? im running an EBC but i barely boost b4 the CEL comes on.

:amen: .. thats your problem .. EBC ..

This is for stock .. no EBC .. boost pills upgrade is similiar to ECU boost control ..

I'll do 1 with EBC next :thumbup:

gunzo
02-05-2009, 06:29 AM
Can I flash this on to an MR?

which version is your MR ??

If you want you can download the GSR and just copy the maps across to your ROM ..

If not gimme your ROM serial .. if its old then I'll give you the new ROM so you don't need ot go for factory reflash ..

shabarivas
02-05-2009, 07:01 AM
Hey Gunzo... you have a GST boost pill? you from around the bay man?

on2it
02-05-2009, 07:23 AM
Great work Gunzo. Everybody else. Please read this thread fully before asking questions. YOu may find that your question has already been answered, so no need to double or tripple post loading up Gunzo with additional questions.

This way we can keep this thread specifically on EcuFlash maps and issues/education.

dollar99
02-05-2009, 01:26 PM
i just read the rom from my x and now the service engine soon light is on. Is this normal?

dollar99
02-05-2009, 01:42 PM
i just read the rom from my x and now the service engine soon light is on. Is this normal?

dollar99
02-05-2009, 01:47 PM

dollar99
02-05-2009, 01:53 PM

dollar99
02-05-2009, 02:01 PM

dollar99
02-05-2009, 02:16 PM
sorry i'm posting from my phone and it's posting multiple replies for some reason. I will delete when i get on my computer

boostin20
02-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Holy pentapost batman!

xbox4414
02-05-2009, 03:51 PM
Turn the car off and then turn it back on. All lights should turn off. But if you have a MR check for CEL's and clear them. Then you should be good.

dollar99
02-05-2009, 05:04 PM
thanks so is this a known issue when reading mr rom's? I have restarted the bar several times but the light is still on. Should i be using evoscan or pcmrcan

dollar99
02-05-2009, 05:05 PM
thanks. so is this a known issue when reading mr rom's? I have restarted the car several times but the light is still on. Should i be using evoscan or pcmscan to clear the codes?

verkion
02-05-2009, 05:10 PM
Quick question for you gurus...I always run 94 octane, have a K&N drop in, did 2.5 turns on the wastegate clevis, but am otherwise stock. Is it ok to run the 93 octane map? Or is there some sort of "frankenstien" map I should be running that's a combo of 91 and the 93? (i.e. fuel map from 91, MIVEC from 93 etc.)

I also have an SST (MR), and was wondering about the "max boost/boost spikes", because some people were saying the maximum boost pressures change depending on the mode you are in...did you notice any different tables when you did SST tweaking gunzo?

THANKS!!!!!

xbox4414
02-05-2009, 06:12 PM
thanks. so is this a known issue when reading mr rom's? I have restarted the car several times but the light is still on. Should i be using evoscan or pcmscan to clear the codes?

Yes this is known in the MR to cause a SES light. Clear it and you're good. Also EvoScan doesn't work for the X yet...it's in development. PCM Scan does, but I can't get mine to work... Then again my whole laptop has been having connection issues lately. Blah. Time for a new laptop to tune with. Hehe.

Guru
02-05-2009, 06:44 PM
I'm working on my FP Red Map. People are welcome to it once I'm finished. I'm running low boost right now due to stock injectors. 1000's coming soon.

ZLAYER
02-05-2009, 07:05 PM
Added
ZLayer - Yes seems like they will overboost.. check below for the guide .. so if you do not have the pills .. the boost is going to hunt up and down for a while until it can match the loads :D

And Yes .. it learns the boost profile very well .. much better than EBCs .. after 3-4 times boosting .. the boost curve is steady with no more spikes ..

GST Boost Pills guide (use this if you have aftermarket pills)
5000 @ 76% primary / 42% secondary = 24psi
5500 @ 80% primary / 42% secondary = 23.5psi
6000 @ 85% primary / 44% secondary = 22.5psi
6500 @ 97% primary / 62% secondary = 21psi
7000 @ 100% primary / 90% secondary = 20psi
7400 @ 100% primary / 94% secondary = 19.5psi

Ok, so should this table should be input in the "Passive solenoid base wgdc map 1A (high gear range)"with that being primary, and 1B (high gear range) with that being secondary or is map#2 (low gear range)the secondary? In other words, Im just trying to figure out where exactly to imput the info in your boost pill guide. Thank you for your patients, Im trying to learn;).

itznoraa
02-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Yes this is known in the MR to cause a SES light. Clear it and you're good. Also EvoScan doesn't work for the X yet...it's in development. PCM Scan does, but I can't get mine to work... Then again my whole laptop has been having connection issues lately. Blah. Time for a new laptop to tune with. Hehe.

In order to connect PCM scan, you have to change the settings of the obd2 to some J something....just take a look around the connection settings.

verkion
02-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Here's the picture from the EvoM forum...that's what needs to be changed.
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d87/eajasion/Automotive/untitledMedium.png

RotorGlowX
02-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Great discussion in this thread. Has anyone dynoed the 93 octane tune vs untuned yet?

verkion
02-05-2009, 10:00 PM
Great discussion in this thread. Has anyone dynoed the 93 octane tune vs untuned yet?

In the other thread gunzo posted:

You're welcome to them .. here's a list of possibilities (all on 93 Oct !!)

Ver 0 - Total stock (peak 26psi sustained 21 psi JDM)
Ver 1 - Intake only (peak 26 psi sustained 21psi JDM)
Ver 2 - Intake + Free flow ( Peak 28psi sustain 23psi JDM)
Ver 3 - Intake + straight thru exhaust (working on it now)

I'm not entirely sure which version he has posted at the beginning of this thread...I'd definately like to try a Ver. 1, 93 (or 94) Octane since I'm pretty stock except for K&N filter.

verkion

xbox4414
02-05-2009, 10:06 PM
LOL thanks guys but I'm not that new. I've had that done for a long time and been working on my car non-stop. It's not that. I'm having more issues...

dollar99
02-05-2009, 10:52 PM
Thanks for all the help guys. I just flashed the 93oct onto my MR. WOW!!! I can definitely feel the difference in power.

verkion
02-05-2009, 11:19 PM
Thanks for all the help guys. I just flashed the 93oct onto my MR. WOW!!! I can definitely feel the difference in power.

And this is with no mods?

gunzo
02-06-2009, 12:07 AM
In the other thread gunzo posted:

You're welcome to them .. here's a list of possibilities (all on 93 Oct !!)

Ver 0 - Total stock (peak 26psi sustained 21 psi JDM)
Ver 1 - Intake only (peak 26 psi sustained 21psi JDM)
Ver 2 - Intake + Free flow ( Peak 28psi sustain 23psi JDM)
Ver 3 - Intake + straight thru exhaust (working on it now)

I'm not entirely sure which version he has posted at the beginning of this thread...I'd definately like to try a Ver. 1, 93 (or 94) Octane since I'm pretty stock except for K&N filter.

verkion

Sorry .. Ver 1 is not done yet :D

You have ver 0 for 91 .. and ver 2 for 93 per request ..
You can use ver 2 if you like .. I'm pretty sure it works well for 93Oct intake only ..

Next up is 93 with EBC ..

gunzo
02-06-2009, 12:08 AM

I'd like a feedback .. especially on drivability / shiftings / CEL (if any)
and what boost you see :rock:

SupremeX
02-06-2009, 12:10 AM
You have ver 0 for 91 .. and ver 2 for 93 per request ..
You can use ver 2 if you like .. I'm pretty sure it works well for 93Oct intake only ..

:thumbup:

xbox4414
02-06-2009, 12:47 AM
Hey gunzo I had a question. What do the throttle maps do? I hate the throttle response when trying to heal-tow down shift. Blipping the throttle doesn't work that well. Haha. Can you make it more responsive in the throttle maps?

gunzo
02-06-2009, 01:01 AM
Hey gunzo I had a question. What do the throttle maps do? I hate the throttle response when trying to heal-tow down shift. Blipping the throttle doesn't work that well. Haha. Can you make it more responsive in the throttle maps?

Don't touch that yet .. I have no idea what it does for now .. :omg:

We'll probably get it sorted out real soon ..

UPDATED 1st page

xbox4414
02-06-2009, 01:03 AM
Hahahaha ya I don't plan to touch it. Till I know what it does. Just curious if you guys got into it yet. Thanks though. Keep me updated man. And good work you have done. :rock:
-Ray

ZLAYER
02-06-2009, 12:34 PM
Ok, so should this table should be input in the "Passive solenoid base wgdc map 1A (high gear range)"with that being primary, and 1B (high gear range) with that being secondary or is map#2 (low gear range)the secondary? In other words, Im just trying to figure out where exactly to imput the info in your boost pill guide. Thank you for your patients, Im trying to learn;).
Just in case my post got lost in the shuffle, here it is again.

flagg77
02-06-2009, 01:52 PM
also, is it safe to say that for:

mivec intake
mivec exhaust
evap map
open loop load low and high

#1 is for 'warm up' and #2 is for normal?

*bump*

SupremeX
02-06-2009, 07:21 PM
^^^ I would guess that they would fall in line with the high and low fuel maps. Low being for when there a certain number of knock counts on high.

xbox4414
02-06-2009, 09:57 PM
Hey Gunzo, are your maps safe to run open loop cruise?

itznoraa
02-06-2009, 11:05 PM
P0122
P0223
p1233
p1234
Seems to me these were the same codes i got when i ran your 93 OCT maps without changing the Ecu parameters....if that makes any sense...

Car ran fine till i hit boost.

xbox4414
02-06-2009, 11:59 PM
Guessing once again the limiters....

dollar99
02-07-2009, 03:58 AM
So is the 93oct special ONLY for upgraded pills?

gunzo
02-07-2009, 11:38 AM
Just in case my post got lost in the shuffle, here it is again.

Put the primary in the Reactive ... maps .. the last row you should see 100% .. change those to the PRIMARY you see

Put the Secondary into the PASSIVE ..

Flag77 - Mivec crossover from warmup to normal operating temp is 77 degrees C ..
Open Loop is hi octane and low octane respectively .. warmup and normal

itznoraa - thank you .. I know what to change from that .. patience thanks ..

dollar99 - NO - special is for ITZNORAA .. don't use ..
The boost pills just use the normal 93oct .. I'll change it later to reflect the new boost maps since I just got updated with it .. ;)

Anyone I missed ? :D

xbox4414
02-07-2009, 03:54 PM
LOL, can we change the crossover and run these maps open loop full time?

flagg77
02-09-2009, 12:18 AM
random / slightly off-topic question, but can the AEM Uego wideband read/log AFR values low enough to tune our cars? Looking at the gauge it seems to read a min. of 11:1.

Does it log lower than it displays perhaps?

Thanks

lwevert
02-09-2009, 12:56 AM
I don't know for sure, but since it reads and interprets the numbers based of the voltage it should read below what displays on the gauge.

criptballer
02-09-2009, 02:10 AM
^^ my Uego reads in the 10's in my car i don't know if that helps....

Ok so a couple of noob questions for you Gunzo and people,

what is a boost pill exactly?

Also i was comparing your 91 oct map to my stock one and it seems like you have actually lowered timing from stock and kept afr's same? is that right or am i just retarded? but in your 93 maps you increased timing along with the afr's which makes more sense since that's what your suppose to do right?

also, which map do you recomend for high altitude locations (4700 Ft above sea level)? my mods include; GFB hybrid, MBC, DP, Catback, ETS intake, AGP L/UICP and Front mount, that's all for now.

Does it matter if i'm running a Hallman MBC with these maps?

Thanks a lot and sorry for all the questions (sorry if they're dumb)...

flagg77
02-09-2009, 02:45 AM
Reads in the 10's on the digital portion of the display? I was going off the edge numbers where the led's would light up. So maybe the LED's only go to 11, but the digital readout in the center goes to 10? If so thats perfect.

----------------------------

Check out this pdf. It contains lots of good info, including what a boost pill is and how it plays a roll in your boost. This is from a subie, but the concept should be the same.

http://www.cobbforums.com/forums/images/HowSubaruFactoryBoostControlSystemWorksv109.pdf

I used that to understand just what the hell increasing wastegate duty cycles was actually doing.

criptballer
02-09-2009, 04:01 AM
^yeah the read out is in the 10's

Gunzo disregard my 91 octane questions since i just noticed you mentioned it in the description of the map... I'm a dumbass. Now my question to that is why though? if you increased fuel wouldn't u want to increase timing as well? or did it have too much timing to begin with? Thanks again and let me know which map you think i should use for my altitude

flagg77
02-09-2009, 01:48 PM
^perfect. Thanks man.

gunzo
02-09-2009, 02:51 PM
^yeah the read out is in the 10's

Gunzo disregard my 91 octane questions since i just noticed you mentioned it in the description of the map... I'm a dumbass. Now my question to that is why though? if you increased fuel wouldn't u want to increase timing as well? or did it have too much timing to begin with? Thanks again and let me know which map you think i should use for my altitude

I have never played with 91 oct fuel ..so I do not know how bad its going to knock .. best person is YOU (the owners) to adjust and either see the change or feel it .. so yes .. you need to play with timing yourself .. not me ..

I'd say use the 91oct maps.. by right the baro compensation should adjust to keep the performance as close to see level as possible ..

Are you seeing lower boosts now ?

criptballer
02-09-2009, 06:09 PM
I have never played with 91 oct fuel ..so I do not know how bad its going to knock .. best person is YOU (the owners) to adjust and either see the change or feel it .. so yes .. you need to play with timing yourself .. not me ..

I'd say use the 91oct maps.. by right the baro compensation should adjust to keep the performance as close to see level as possible ..

Are you seeing lower boosts now ?

no i'm not seeing lower boost since i have a MBC and i have set to 23ish at peak. So what is a boost pill then? is it going to be ok if i have my MBC and upload the 91 map? or should i just not upload any of the boost tables besides the (like the WG duty cycle and such) limiter?

So what made you decide to drop timing in the 91? or did you logg and you found out it needed to be lowered like that?

thanks a lot for all your input and all the hard work!

xbox4414
02-09-2009, 07:23 PM
gunzo, have you played with running a map that is open loop full time?

SiC
02-09-2009, 10:47 PM
gunzo, have you played with running a map that is open loop full time?

Running full time open loop will probably give you more problems than it would give you benefits. Under closed loop, the ECU takes readings from the O2 sensor to keep a constant 14.7 AFR. Under open loop, your AFR will be set by your fuel maps. The problem is during cold start or changes in temperature, altitude, etc. your AFR will be far off the fuel maps. This is because in open loop the ECU will not make any corrections to your AFRs. In closed loop, the ECU is constantly monitoring your O2 sensor to keep a steady 14.7, so even if the climate changes, it will keep 14.7.

So lets say you set your idle AFRs to 16.0 and you run constant open loop. It may 16.0 at idle when the car is warmed up on one day, but the next day it could be all off due to changes in temperature, climate, etc.

gunzo
02-10-2009, 02:10 AM
no i'm not seeing lower boost since i have a MBC and i have set to 23ish at peak. So what is a boost pill then? is it going to be ok if i have my MBC and upload the 91 map? or should i just not upload any of the boost tables besides the (like the WG duty cycle and such) limiter?

So what made you decide to drop timing in the 91? or did you logg and you found out it needed to be lowered like that?

thanks a lot for all your input and all the hard work!

Even on 98 octane .. I still see knocks at 24psi with stock ignition .. so I'm basing my timing maps off that .. and from talking to the US guys when I had the older evo .. ( I could run 3-4 degrees more than the CA guys at the same boost)

You can remove the MBC 1st .. see what boost you're getting before putting the MBC back .. it takes a while for the ECU to learn the boostcurve though ..

The pill is a fixed MBC :D .. I think that's the simplest way I can put it ..

Xbox1414 - What SiC said .. I tried running full openloop once .. once you get stuck in traffic jams or summer heat .. good luck .. the car is knocking like crazy ..

I wonder if anyone else have tried the maps ?? other than dollar99 ??
I like to know if there's any issues, what's the boost, AFR if you can .. and response of the car (mivec adjustments) ..

criptballer
02-10-2009, 04:44 AM
I will upload the 91 map no wednesday and let you know how it goes.

flagg77
02-10-2009, 10:01 PM
I'm dying to try the maps but need an AFR gauge first.

TravisF
02-10-2009, 11:18 PM
I tried the 91 octane generic map and as soon as I hit about 2800rpm the check engine light would come on and it would go into limp mode (2000rpm idle and very little boost). I figure the map doesn't play well with my hks drop in filter and UICP. I didn't have a way to check the codes so I reflashed my stock maps and everything worked fine. Then I copied the just the mivec maps from the 91 octane generic map into a copy of my stock maps and flashed just those changes.

I can tell a difference in the upper rpms, instead of my head being thrown back only when the boost peaks and then fades off, my head is thrown back all the way to redline. This weekend I might put the stock filter back in and try the whole 91 map again. I installed pcmscan so I should be able to check what code is thrown if I have problems again.

Thanks to everyone involved with the ECUFlash program development and thanks gunzo for the base maps!

on2it
02-11-2009, 01:18 AM
Team - I know there is a generic GSR tune..

1. Is the 91 and 93Oct maps to be used on both the MR and GSR? ( looking through the thread it seems that these were developed for the MR?)

2. I have an existing EcuTek tune, can I back this up with EcuFlash before I start using these EcuFlash maps? (so I can revert back if all goes wrong?) - Assuming the EcuTek tuner hasnt locked the maps?

SiC
02-11-2009, 01:41 AM
Team - I know there is a generic GSR tune..

1. Is the 91 and 93Oct maps to be used on both the MR and GSR? ( looking through the thread it seems that these were developed for the MR?)

2. I have an existing EcuTek tune, can I back this up with EcuFlash before I start using these EcuFlash maps? (so I can revert back if all goes wrong?) - Assuming the EcuTek tuner hasnt locked the maps?

1. Yes you can use it both on the MR & GSR. Just open up the files and copy/paste the maps to the stock MR ROM and you should be fine.

2. You can backup your ECUTek ROM without any problems. After you back it up, you can edit the ECUTek ROM or flash it with something totally different. If you ever want to go back to the original ECUTek ROM, just flash your backup back to your ECU.

on2it
02-11-2009, 07:50 AM
Thanks Sic.

Man I'm loving this product the more I read about it.

gunzo
02-11-2009, 11:34 AM
I tried the 91 octane generic map and as soon as I hit about 2800rpm the check engine light would come on and it would go into limp mode (2000rpm idle and very little boost). I figure the map doesn't play well with my hks drop in filter and UICP. I didn't have a way to check the codes so I reflashed my stock maps and everything worked fine. Then I copied the just the mivec maps from the 91 octane generic map into a copy of my stock maps and flashed just those changes.

I can tell a difference in the upper rpms, instead of my head being thrown back only when the boost peaks and then fades off, my head is thrown back all the way to redline. This weekend I might put the stock filter back in and try the whole 91 map again. I installed pcmscan so I should be able to check what code is thrown if I have problems again.

Thanks to everyone involved with the ECUFlash program development and thanks gunzo for the base maps!

Thanks .. keep the feedback coming ..

TravisF - Alot of guys believe this to be the fault of limiter maps .. seems like USDM can't run a different limiter maps .. Anyway .. they are not limiter maps.. they are throttle reference maps ..

You can also copy the fuel across if you like ..
I'll redo the reference maps so you guys won't trigger the CELs anymore :p

I'll update this thread when I'm done

SupremeX
02-12-2009, 02:28 AM
Thanks .. keep the feedback coming ..

TravisF - Alot of guys believe this to be the fault of limiter maps .. seems like USDM can't run a different limiter maps .. Anyway .. they are not limiter maps.. they are throttle reference maps ..

You can also copy the fuel across if you like ..
I'll redo the reference maps so you guys won't trigger the CELs anymore :p

I'll update this thread when I'm done

Sweet, cause the same thing happened with me also.

BigmikeOC
02-12-2009, 05:19 AM
^ Me too. Except my engine started idling at 2K after I got then SES and hit about 2.7K before I got back to the garage for the reflash. Nothing like sitting at a stop light with an open exhaust and the idle set that high :)

gunzo
02-12-2009, 08:27 AM
Hi guys .. all the maps are updated ..

criptballer
02-12-2009, 07:51 PM
hey gunzo,

so what was updated on the maps? i checked the torque limiter#4 and it seems to be the same from before along with the air flow check #4. and they were like that when i got my SES light. i even tried putting the stock tables on there but i didnt work. Thanks

Kooldino
02-12-2009, 08:49 PM
Just moved to our new ECUFlash forums.

Can someone let the openECU guys know about this section and ask them to link to it from their site?

gunzo
02-13-2009, 12:52 AM
hey gunzo,

so what was updated on the maps? i checked the torque limiter#4 and it seems to be the same from before along with the air flow check #4. and they were like that when i got my SES light. i even tried putting the stock tables on there but i didnt work. Thanks

you guys get the CEL because the so-called limiter maps #1 thru #3 are altered .. I've put them back to stock now ..

change these and the so called torque limiters #1 thru #3 back to stock and you guys should be ok with CELs..

gunzo
02-13-2009, 01:14 AM
1st post updated in case you guys are still having issues ..

Note that if you trigger CEL as the boost comes on around 2000+ .. its a case of too fast and too much boost :bowlol:
Lower the Passive wastegate duty cycle by about 10% or remove them totally from 2250 to 2500rpms..

Looney Tuning
02-13-2009, 09:18 AM
you guys get the CEL because the so-called limiter maps #1 thru #3 are altered .. I've put them back to stock now ..

change these and the so called torque limiters #1 thru #3 back to stock and you guys should be ok with CELs..

I was under the impression that upping the torque/airflow limiters was needed to get rid of the CEL. You are saying that keeping them stock is the way to go.

Looney Tuning
02-13-2009, 09:32 AM
Why did you make each one of the passive solenoid maps different than the others? Why not make all three the same?

gunzo
02-18-2009, 11:51 AM
I was under the impression that upping the torque/airflow limiters was needed to get rid of the CEL. You are saying that keeping them stock is the way to go.

There are various ways to trigger CEL on this car .. changing the airflow is only one of them .. if I can make the car run fine without modifying limiters .. I'll do it .. because the limiters are there for a purpose (in this case .. its engine/gearbox protection)

the different tables are for gearbased boost control .. I love this feature on the MRs ..

gunzo
02-18-2009, 11:53 AM
Updated to include MR's now for USDM / Cdn versions ..

This is running on 93octane maps (you can do what verkion did ..just by copying over the mapping if you want .. thanks verkion)

dollar99
02-18-2009, 01:58 PM
What's the difference between the "high gear A" and "high gear B" maps? Which gears are using what?

dollar99
02-18-2009, 06:50 PM
ECUflash can't open the USDM SST-93oct rom image.

Burnings
02-18-2009, 09:26 PM
Hi Gunzo,

Have you noticed any big difference by altering the mivec maps? I realised that you made very little changes to the mivec map and would like to know is there any special reasons behind it?

Also, as I am on EBC, I cant seems to shake off the P1235 issues by altering the various values of the limiter maps. Right now, even when I drop the boost to 1.5bar I am still overboosting as far as the ECU is concerned.

Would appreciate more feedbacks on the EBC issues :)

gunzo
02-18-2009, 11:00 PM
Hi Gunzo,

Have you noticed any big difference by altering the mivec maps? I realised that you made very little changes to the mivec map and would like to know is there any special reasons behind it?

Also, as I am on EBC, I cant seems to shake off the P1235 issues by altering the various values of the limiter maps. Right now, even when I drop the boost to 1.5bar I am still overboosting as far as the ECU is concerned.

Would appreciate more feedbacks on the EBC issues :)

That's because the JDM Mivec is already very good .. I lost power whenever I adjusted the mivec for the JDM ..

I'm working with iztnoraa on this .. waiting for him to report the newest edition before certifying it for use :D

He hasn't popped back .. so I think its working fine so far

verkion
02-19-2009, 12:35 AM
Ok, couple things Gunzo :-P I went through the SST one you posted and the one that I modified based off your 93 Oct. The Mivec Exhaust ones had me scratching my head the most since I pulled the maps from your GSR 93Oct...

Here's all the differences:

Mivec Exhaust #1 (Your's are cut off at Load 200+, 5500+ RPM)
Mivec Exhaust #2 (Your's are cut off at Load 200+, 5500+ RPM)

Boost Target Engine Load #1A (Mine higher target)
Boost Target Engine Load #1B (Mine higher target)
Boost Target Engine Load #2 (Your higher target)

Reactive Solenoid Base WGDC Map #1B (Mine higher than yours...250RPM earlier. Mine not as smooth though)
Reactive Solenoid Base WGDC Map #2 (Mine higher than yours...250RPM earlier. Mine not as smooth though)

Reactive Solenoid Turbo Boost Error Correction (Yours are "lower" in the upper range)

Passive Solenoid Base WGDC Map #1A (% targets MASSIVELY different...holding up to redline on yours!)
Passive Solenoid Base WGDC Map #1B (% targets different...higher percentage holding up to redline on yours)
Passive Solenoid Base WGDC Map #2 (% targets different...higher percentage holding up to redline on yours)

Boost Control RPM per MPH (161 on mine, 60??? on yours? What does this control?)

Airflow Check #4 (Midrange increase...what do the numbers actually represent?)
Torque Limiter #4 (Mid/Upper Range increase.)

TADA!!! And thanks Gunzo for all the work! And SiC! I'll do some writeups as soon as I have a better idea of things...

verkion

jmorris1027
02-19-2009, 01:12 AM
Do you have issues overboosting when wot in 5th? Like passing someone on the highway for example? I've got to set my boost lower in lower gears in order to not overboost in 5th. It's really irritating.

verkion
02-19-2009, 01:29 AM
You should be able to see the boost profiles for lower and upper gears seperately. That's why the 3 different boost maps.

jmorris1027
02-19-2009, 02:22 AM
All the boost tables only show max tps percent of 80.4 or something. Does that mean 80.4 and above?

gunzo
02-19-2009, 02:32 PM
TADA!!! And thanks Gunzo for all the work! And SiC! I'll do some writeups as soon as I have a better idea of things...

verkion

:offtopic:
OK I'm going to shut up for now .. thats all I'll be telling you guys :omg:
someself taught 'tooners' are using this info .. then go tune customers car while sliming me in the back .. :whipping:

I'll still help you guys out as long as you're not in my country ..
talk about nationalism :wallbash:

verkion
02-19-2009, 05:01 PM
??? What happened? People are taking the maps and tuning CUSTOMER cars? WTF?

Burnings
02-19-2009, 07:23 PM
:offtopic:
OK I'm going to shut up for now .. thats all I'll be telling you guys :omg:
someself taught 'tooners' are using this info .. then go tune customers car while sliming me in the back .. :whipping:

I'll still help you guys out as long as you're not in my country ..
talk about nationalism :wallbash:

Hi Gunzo,

Any updates on the EBC yet?? :D

verkion
02-19-2009, 08:51 PM
Wondering if Dino will setup a private forum for any of this more detailed stuff...instead of a public forum, or some other form of control. Or post crippled maps or something that require some sort of verification of who you are/not going to sell the maps? I dunno...If I come up with anything brilliant I'll let you guys know...

It SUCKS to have work ripped off and credit not given. It's adding insult to injury for it to be ripped off AND THEN SOLD to a customer! While I understand a small group of enthusiasts getting together to tune their cars, and chipping in to get a Tactrix cable, (and really, they should ALL buy their own cables to support the HUGE amount of work Colby and all the other beta testers do), there is NO excuse for selling off someone else's work. :wallbash: I know this is kind of :deadhorse: but this makes me really mad.

So, my next question to Gunzo and SiC and anyone else who is contributing...would you prefer I *NOT* consolidate all this type of info/tips/help into "How-To" guides for now? I was going to start writing simple guides for this and that and post them whenever I had the chance...

verkion

itznoraa
02-19-2009, 09:05 PM
I'm working with iztnoraa on this .. waiting for him to report the newest edition before certifying it for use :D

He hasn't popped back .. so I think its working fine so far

I havent received any new maps? huh..... im confused.

Edit: i didnt see the new maps on there. Sorry about that gunzo. ill go try it out ASAP!

Messed up how people are using your maps to gain profit. sigh.

Deepseadiver
02-19-2009, 10:04 PM
Just wanted to say thanks. I am still waiting on my tatrix cable.

gunzo
02-20-2009, 12:23 AM
??? What happened? People are taking the maps and tuning CUSTOMER cars? WTF?

They can't take the ROMs here .. just the maps ..

So I'll still post updates to USDM Roms .. but I'll stop explaining what I do :confused2:

Sigh the real salt to the injury is the sliming part .. I don't mind the copying .. since I posted it .. it's free ..

Guys don't worry .. I've said I'll update the maps .. I'll do it whenever there's a request for something different ..

gunzo
02-20-2009, 12:25 AM
I havent received any new maps? huh..... im confused.

Edit: i didnt see the new maps on there. Sorry about that gunzo. ill go try it out ASAP!

Messed up how people are using your maps to gain profit. sigh.

Sent the new maps to you on the 15th your gmail acct ..

verkion
02-20-2009, 02:20 AM
Ok guys, I just did a 4th gear pull with the OLD version, 93Oct. GSR copied to my stock rom...NOT the latest SST one tha gunzo posted. Threw overboost codes, P1235 and P1870. I'm running 94 Oct. gas. Here's a screenshot of the log in the relevant area...sorry for the huge size.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f121/ohung/EVO%20X/Log%20Screen%20Captures/4thGearPull-Overboosted.jpg

After some closer inspection, I notice that the timing is not quite the same as specified by the timing maps. Some tuning required :-P

Up next...Gunzo's revised version that he posted! Fun fun!

verkion

gunzo
02-20-2009, 02:37 AM
Ok guys, I just did a 4th gear pull with the OLD version, 93Oct. GSR copied to my stock rom...NOT the latest SST one tha gunzo posted. Threw overboost codes, P1235 and P1870. I'm running 94 Oct. gas. Here's a screenshot of the log in the relevant area...sorry for the huge size.

After some closer inspection, I notice that the timing is not quite the same as specified by the timing maps. Some tuning required :-P

Up next...Gunzo's revised version that he posted! Fun fun!

verkion

Looks like a good pull !! :)

Don't take the load to be actual .. there's some questions regarding if these are the loads that ECU see or another form of calculation ..

Look for peaks and valleys in your timing to find knocks ..
I'll try a rough ASCII here :D
knock should look like this

............../\.... /
............./..\__/
......./\_ /.....^
..__/...^.......|
/.........|.......|
...........KNOCK

this is not always true though ;)
You've got email ..

SiC
02-20-2009, 02:49 AM
nice ascii art gunzo :)

verkion
02-20-2009, 03:31 AM
OK!!!! Now...drumroll please....Here's the log of the USDM SST ROM GUNZO POSTED ON THE FIRST PAGE! Successful run multiple times, (although I had to let off at about 6800-7000 RPM every time cause I ran out of room). NO codes thrown, everything looks pretty good. LOAD isn't the smoothest but meh...don't worry about that...could be my foot bouncing on the pedal? I dunno. Hahahahaha!

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f121/ohung/EVO%20X/Log%20Screen%20Captures/4thGearPull-GUNZOSST.jpg

I have yet to compare this against the timing maps to see how close it is...but yeah, this map feels good too :-P

SILVERSURFER
02-20-2009, 04:19 AM
Hi all,

I take your words Gunzo and please give us a good ebc map.
I've been using your 93 oct GSR map for 3 days and kept on hitting limp mode. I noticed that it's because of my HKS BOV vented to atmosphere. Instead of taking it off and going back to stock (just as a lot of smart guys told me :p ) i've managed it putting all the values in the passive WGDC to 0. Now my problem is that i get another SES as soon as boost comes too fast (low rpms and going wot). My EBC is set at 23 psi and will tapper to 21. I'll try to increase the torque limiter maps.
Thank you all.

PS: Do you know any soft i can use to check the codes i get. (I have the tactrix cable.)

Looney Tuning
02-20-2009, 04:34 AM
the different tables are for gearbased boost control .. I love this feature on the MRs ..
I am referring the the High Gear passive WGDC tables 1 and 2. These two are different from each other. On a stock X GSR all Passive WGDC tables are the same. Are you saying that on a stock X MR they are different and you based the moded roms on the MR?

verkion
02-20-2009, 06:16 AM
Hi all,

I take your words Gunzo and please give us a good ebc map.
I've been using your 93 oct GSR map for 3 days and kept on hitting limp mode. I noticed that it's because of my HKS BOV vented to atmosphere. Instead of taking it off and going back to stock (just as a lot of smart guys told me :p ) i've managed it putting all the values in the passive WGDC to 0. Now my problem is that i get another SES as soon as boost comes too fast (low rpms and going wot). My EBC is set at 23 psi and will tapper to 21. I'll try to increase the torque limiter maps.
Thank you all.

PS: Do you know any soft i can use to check the codes i get. (I have the tactrix cable.)

Software to check codes: PCMScan to check and clear codes. Those jpgs I posted are also from PCMScan. You really need some logging software, and a WB O2 to tune the AFR maps. The rest of your questions...I'll let the resident gurus answer that!

verkion

verkion
02-20-2009, 07:49 AM
ONE more thing to add regarding the SST maps gunzo has so graciously posted. For all you SST owners, I *highly* recommend the ROM, not JUST for performance reasons BUT because it actually is a LOT smoother than the stock ROM. Puttering around the city, the SST upshifts feel more "seemless", power in the low end is MUCH better, (which means you don't have to stomp on it to move), and gas mileage is improved.

verkion

AsH74
02-20-2009, 10:32 AM
ONE more thing to add regarding the SST maps gunzo has so graciously posted. For all you SST owners, I *highly* recommend the ROM, not JUST for performance reasons BUT because it actually is a LOT smoother than the stock ROM. Puttering around the city, the SST upshifts feel more "seemless", power in the low end is MUCH better, (which means you don't have to stomp on it to move), and gas mileage is improved.

verkion

verkion,
What are you seeing for AFRs?
My current setup is: Upper IC pipe, HKS filter, T1R Catback.

I'll try it out on the way into work today.

dollar99
02-20-2009, 12:10 PM
When I try to open the USDM sst map I'm getting an unknown rom image error. Am I missing an XML?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out.

gunzo
02-20-2009, 01:27 PM
verkion,
What are you seeing for AFRs?
My current setup is: Upper IC pipe, HKS filter, T1R Catback.

I'll try it out on the way into work today.

Ash , I believe you should see high 10's tapering to low/mid 10's..

These maps are by no means TUNED maps .. they are a baseline for you to get started faster and safely..

verkion
02-20-2009, 04:24 PM
When I try to open the USDM sst map I'm getting an unknown rom image error. Am I missing an XML?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out.

What happened? Please share with us...I'm sure we could all learn something this way! :-)

verkion

Looney Tuning
02-20-2009, 04:28 PM
never mind, I figured it out

AsH74
02-21-2009, 03:19 AM
Ash , I believe you should see high 10's tapering to low/mid 10's..

These maps are by no means TUNED maps .. they are a baseline for you to get started faster and safely..

Thanks for all the hard work gunzo.
This is a very good baseline compared to the stock map where I'm seeing 9.3's for AFR's.

I logged the drive into work this morning with the usual traffic.
There was no opportunity to get an extended window at full throttle, but
I'm seeing exactly what you said, 10.2 in 4th gear, full throttle at ~5900rpm.

This is with the stock air filter in place of the hks one.

I did set the BCLO to 90 vs. 100 wanted to see how the boost was going to log compared to the stock map. The max boost logged was 22.58.

The car is totally different in a good way.

itznoraa
02-21-2009, 03:32 AM
Ebc maps for 93 oct is goooooodd. No cels as of now

Burnings
02-21-2009, 07:18 AM
Ebc maps for 93 oct is goooooodd. No cels as of now

Where is the EBC map?

SILVERSURFER
02-21-2009, 08:01 AM
Please guys, still waiting for the ebc map and still having that f*****g SES.
Maybe could you tell us what to change to prevent from the cel because honestly my car runs strong with the US 93 oct GSR map until that stupid cel kicks in.

Thank you all.

Burnings
02-21-2009, 09:21 AM
Maybe could you tell us what to change to prevent from the cel because honestly my car runs strong with the US 93 oct GSR map until that stupid cel kicks in.

Thank you all.

Maybe you should try lowering your boost gains and boost level at the moment. The Cel comes on because of limiters issue so we just have to find a balanced formula for part throttle and WOT.

Usually I have no problems with WOT at high boost and gains but part throttle is giving me hell.

gunzo
02-21-2009, 09:56 AM

Thank you all.

Would you like to test the SSQV maps then ?? :D

Burnings
02-21-2009, 10:04 AM
Would you like to test the SSQV maps then ?? :D

Is there one?

SILVERSURFER
02-21-2009, 05:17 PM
Yes please GUNZO I know one of your friend (itznoraa) has the map. Please give us some updates.

jmorris1027
02-21-2009, 11:36 PM
how many times can we flash the ecu?

xbox4414
02-22-2009, 12:04 AM
As many times as you want I hear. No flash counter and haven't heard of there being a limit...

jmorris1027
02-22-2009, 01:28 AM
also, when the boost conntrol solenoids are pulsed on, are they opening or closing? thanks.

SiC
02-22-2009, 01:34 AM
also, when the boost conntrol solenoids are pulsed on, are they opening or closing? thanks.

Boost control solenoids are at 100% when they are fully opened to relief pressure from the actuator and at 0% they are closed to allow all the pressure to go to the actuator.

jmorris1027
02-22-2009, 02:38 AM
word b. thank you.

lwevert
02-22-2009, 03:05 AM
Quick question:
The software may look different but there is no real difference between ecuflash and Cobbs race software, is there?

If not in theory I could just use one of the base maps you provided for ecuflash and transfer the values into the AP map. Just curious becuase I want to learn to tune my own car, but I have the cobb so I probably won't be getting the tactrix.

SiC
02-22-2009, 03:21 AM
Quick question:
The software may look different but there is no real difference between ecuflash and Cobbs race software, is there?

If not in theory I could just use one of the base maps you provided for ecuflash and transfer the values into the AP map. Just curious becuase I want to learn to tune my own car, but I have the cobb so I probably won't be getting the tactrix.

Yes you should be able to copy the values off of these ROMs and write it into your ROM with the cobb software. The only thing is that the names of the maps may differ in the AP vs. ECUFlash so you may get confused with some maps.

Td66
02-22-2009, 05:47 PM
Iwevert, I know that when I did previously get a tune on my WRX, Dynoflash used Eccutek and put the tune on my Cobb handheld.

LAX
02-22-2009, 06:11 PM
Gunzo, thanks so much for helping out the community here with these base maps! I really appreciate it! :thumbup: I just started comparing your EVO X GSR Generic map versus the stock SM5268 ROM I was able to download. I'm trying to understand the differences, and so far, I have one quick question.

I noticed that the Fuel injector scaling changed from 532 cc/min in stock SM5268 to 552 cc/min in your modified map. Why is this? Does this scaling factor into the high octane fuel map modifications you made? Could we accomplish the same by leaving the fuel injector scaling at 532 cc/min but making more drastic changes to the high octane fuel map? I'd really appreciate any insight you could give me, as I'm trying to learn as much as I can before attempting to tune. Thanks Gunzo!

Guru
02-22-2009, 10:38 PM
I've gotten my FP Red running on factory boost control now. Boosting about 19 PSI so far with enough fuel to keep it at 11.2:1. Will slowly raise boost to see where the stock injectors start running out of flow. It richens up a bit on top to 10.6:1. Have to lean it out a bit but took me a while to get the boost working properly. Timing is VERY conservative as I am hitting about 270 load sites give or take.

SiC
02-23-2009, 06:29 AM
I've gotten my FP Red running on factory boost control now. Boosting about 19 PSI so far with enough fuel to keep it at 11.2:1. Will slowly raise boost to see where the stock injectors start running out of flow. It richens up a bit on top to 10.6:1. Have to lean it out a bit but took me a while to get the boost working properly. Timing is VERY conservative as I am hitting about 270 load sites give or take.

So you are hitting 270 load around 4000 RPM or so? What does your load look like at 7000 RPM? 220?

SILVERSURFER
02-23-2009, 08:26 PM
I know that i might look impatient but please can you give us any news about the EBC MAP?

Burnings
02-27-2009, 11:53 AM
Just did some trial and error after putting back my EBC. I attached the Reactive Solenoid ,boost target and boost correction map which I adjusted.

Current setup is Customed 3" intake with Blitz ID3 controller

I am running the settings on 71 gain 0 and I can hold on to 1 bar nicely.

I have not tried 1.7 bar yet but I will do it over the weekend. Meanwhile, for any bros willing to try it please do so and give me your feedback.

Reactive Boost Solenoid
http://i43.tinypic.com/35hjqu1.jpg

Boost Correction Table
http://i39.tinypic.com/1z66rro.jpg

Boost Target
http://i44.tinypic.com/jucox0.jpg

keepstar13
02-27-2009, 11:57 AM
Yo,
I have a USDM EvoX 100% stock. I loaded up the "Base" map and took a drive local and highway. I did not throw any codes and the car ran fine. Got home and loaded up the 93Oct map. Drove to work with no problems. It drove like the stock(ECU) to work(all local roads with school's, so no testing.) I'll get her on the highway tonight and see if any lights come on or I enter limp mode. I'll report back with an update after some testing.

Thanks for the maps Gunzo.

aiden1983
02-27-2009, 03:01 PM
Hi Guys, I just found out about this site from Gunzo and I am so happy about it. This site has a ton of info that I have been looking for and couldn't find anywhere else. My question is the USDM/ Modified MR version on page one of this tread, is it good to use on 91 oct and has anyone having any issues with it? Gunzo emailed me last night and said that I may have an issue with too much boost. Has anyone had this?

gunzo
02-27-2009, 11:55 PM
Hi Guys, I just found out about this site from Gunzo and I am so happy about it. This site has a ton of info that I have been looking for and couldn't find anywhere else. My question is the USDM/ Modified MR version on page one of this tread, is it good to use on 91 oct and has anyone having any issues with it? Gunzo emailed me last night and said that I may have an issue with too much boost. Has anyone had this?

added 91 oct for the MR

aiden1983
02-28-2009, 04:02 AM
Thanks Gunzo, your the best.

TargeT
02-28-2009, 08:55 AM
added 91 oct for the MR

how about a pity map for those of us with 90 oct? USDM GSR? (with the pill would be great too! haha)

I'd love a "starting point" while I wait for a good logger to come out, I'd be too hesitant to go at it with my limited experience and no knock logging.

gunzo
02-28-2009, 12:53 PM
how about a pity map for those of us with 90 oct? USDM GSR? (with the pill would be great too! haha)

I'd love a "starting point" while I wait for a good logger to come out, I'd be too hesitant to go at it with my limited experience and no knock logging.

Done .. but its quite detuned .. don't be surprised ..
Unless you got good gas .. even stock settings will knock ..

Once you get your logger and AFR gauge .. just bring it back to stock timing to confirm my findings :p

As for the earlier 91 octane maps .. I suggest taking it off too and run the new one .. Too much boost ..

Deepseadiver
02-28-2009, 09:45 PM
thanks again!

TargeT
03-01-2009, 12:04 AM
Done .. but its quite detuned .. don't be surprised ..
Unless you got good gas .. even stock settings will knock ..

Once you get your logger and AFR gauge .. just bring it back to stock timing to confirm my findings :p

As for the earlier 91 octane maps .. I suggest taking it off too and run the new one .. Too much boost ..

I have the openport and LC-1 wide band on the way, should be here monday or tues.

should be able to get some data..

all we have is 90 octane in Alaska, I can mix in Torco, or buy 100 octane from a performance shop (its actualy just 90 oct. treated with Klotts, but it should do the trick)

do you think i should even bother trying to work with 90?

I have a GSR, not MR by the way, and I'd like to run with the Pill installed.

LAX
03-01-2009, 01:50 AM
Gunzo, thanks so much for helping out the community here with these base maps! I really appreciate it! :thumbup: I just started comparing your EVO X GSR Generic map versus the stock SM5268 ROM I was able to download. I'm trying to understand the differences, and so far, I have one quick question.

I noticed that the Fuel injector scaling changed from 532 cc/min in stock SM5268 to 552 cc/min in your modified map. Why is this? Does this scaling factor into the high octane fuel map modifications you made? Could we accomplish the same by leaving the fuel injector scaling at 532 cc/min but making more drastic changes to the high octane fuel map? I'd really appreciate any insight you could give me, as I'm trying to learn as much as I can before attempting to tune. Thanks Gunzo!

Hey Gunzo, could you try to address my previous question about fuel injector scaling? I'd really appreciate it! Also, is the EVO X GSR Generic map safe to start off with for 91 octane? I noticed you just made a 91 octane MR and 90 octane MR map (but not GSR). All I can get here is 91 octane. Thanks!

Burnings
03-01-2009, 09:11 AM
Hey Gunzo, could you try to address my previous question about fuel injector scaling? I'd really appreciate it! Also, is the EVO X GSR Generic map safe to start off with for 91 octane? I noticed you just made a 91 octane MR and 90 octane MR map (but not GSR). All I can get here is 91 octane. Thanks!

532 should be the correct parameters as we are also using this value on 98 Oct fuel map on our GSR.

SiC
03-01-2009, 09:51 AM

Let me try to explain the reason for this. By increasing the injector scaling you are telling the ecu that you have a larger size injector. By doing this, the ecu will dispense less fuel so you'll lean out your entire fuel curve without making any changes to the fuel maps.

Hope that helps you understand :)

Burnings
03-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Let me try to explain the reason for this. By increasing the injector scaling you are telling the ecu that you have a larger size injector. By doing this, the ecu will dispense less fuel so you'll lean out your entire fuel curve without making any changes to the fuel maps.

Does it works in closed loop? Would the ECU readjust the fuel to match the fuel map?

SiC
03-01-2009, 11:57 AM
Does it works in closed loop? Would the ECU readjust the fuel to match the fuel map?

It should not effect closed loop since the ECU will always try to achieve 14.7 AFR using feedback from the O2 sensor. The ECU will adjust the fuel trims to fix the AFRs in closed loop.

LAX
03-01-2009, 04:42 PM

Thanks SiC! That's what I suspected after thinking about it for a while, but I wasn't sure :) Is it safe to lean out the entire fuel curve like this on 91 octane?

EDIT: I think I "may" have just answered my own question. I looked at Gunzo's map for fuel injector scaling for the MR at 91 octane, and it's still at 532. The GSR 91 octane with intake/exhaust is at 552 (along with the GSR generic). So I'm assuming it would be safer to run the MR mapping on my GSR if it's completely stock and gets 91 octane? Should I copy over all the fuel/timing/boost maps from the 91 octane MR map to override the GSR generic map? Thanks!

missionstatement
03-01-2009, 04:54 PM
Put the primary in the Reactive ... maps .. the last row you should see 100% .. change those to the PRIMARY you see

Put the Secondary into the PASSIVE ..

Flag77 - Mivec crossover from warmup to normal operating temp is 77 degrees C ..
Open Loop is hi octane and low octane respectively .. warmup and normal

itznoraa - thank you .. I know what to change from that .. patience thanks ..

dollar99 - NO - special is for ITZNORAA .. don't use ..
The boost pills just use the normal 93oct .. I'll change it later to reflect the new boost maps since I just got updated with it .. ;)

Anyone I missed ? :D

hey i tried using your chart for the boost pill but i still get a p1235 error
can you go through which maps need which values thanks allot

gunzo
03-01-2009, 10:55 PM
hey i tried using your chart for the boost pill but i still get a p1235 error
can you go through which maps need which values thanks allot

It would help if I know what you have on your car 1st

missionstatement
03-01-2009, 11:01 PM
It would help if I know what you have on your car 1st

i have

a kn cone filter the boost pill and an agp fmic, but i only get that code with the boost pill i remember you telling some one to change the recessive waste gate maps

gunzo
03-02-2009, 12:24 AM
i have

a kn cone filter the boost pill and an agp fmic, but i only get that code with the boost pill i remember you telling some one to change the recessive waste gate maps

Seriously .. not that I do not want to help .. but I've not done boost pills before and I do not know how they react ..

Those wastegate maps are direct from bryan (if you got yours from him) ..
he's saying it holds nicely 24psi tapering to 21psi (or 19psi) ..

Which rpm is the code triggered and at what boost ?

missionstatement
03-02-2009, 12:44 AM
Seriously .. not that I do not want to help .. but I've not done boost pills before and I do not know how they react ..

Those wastegate maps are direct from bryan (if you got yours from him) ..
he's saying it holds nicely 24psi tapering to 21psi (or 19psi) ..

Which rpm is the code triggered and at what boost ?

it looks like at 3500 i get the trigger but the boost is hitting 22 23, but what maps do i modify with bryans values i didn't under stand that in your old posts

gunzo
03-02-2009, 01:14 AM
it looks like at 3500 i get the trigger but the boost is hitting 22 23, but what maps do i modify with bryans values i didn't under stand that in your old posts

Try this (http://www.digitalcanaan.com/roms/Evo_XGSR-91Oct IntExhBoostpill.hex)

I modified the maps .. have a look

missionstatement
03-02-2009, 01:25 AM
Try this (http://www.digitalcanaan.com/roms/Evo_XGSR-91Oct IntExhBoostpill.hex)

I modified the maps .. have a look

i am going to test this, but is it a 91 oct map or a 93 oct can i just copy over the values for the 93 oct

razorlab
03-02-2009, 01:43 AM
i am going to test this, but is it a 91 oct map or a 93 oct can i just copy over the values for the 93 oct

If you are using our boost pill, PM me for base boost tables to try/build-from.

:godance:

TargeT
03-02-2009, 01:48 AM
awsome bryan, thanks again for your help :)

LAX
03-02-2009, 03:08 AM
Hey Gunzo, could you help me out with how best to start off for a stock GSR running 91 octane? I can't figure out if I should be using the GSR generic maps or copy over the values from the MR 91 octane maps. It looks like the MR 91 octane maps run different fuel, timing, and boost. I'm not sure how well this would work on the GSR though (MR low gear boost curve seems to look different from the stock and modified GSR boost curves). I'd really appreciate any help you could give me. A 91 octane GSR map would be really great :)

Also, I'm at 5000 feet elevation - does that make a big difference? Thanks!

gunzo
03-02-2009, 03:40 AM
Hey Gunzo, could you help me out with how best to start off for a stock GSR running 91 octane? I can't figure out if I should be using the GSR generic maps or copy over the values from the MR 91 octane maps. It looks like the MR 91 octane maps run different fuel, timing, and boost. I'm not sure how well this would work on the GSR though (MR low gear boost curve seems to look different from the stock and modified GSR boost curves). I'd really appreciate any help you could give me. A 91 octane GSR map would be really great :)

Also, I'm at 5000 feet elevation - does that make a big difference? Thanks!

The generic is a good start .. thats why I renamed it .. ;)

The MR has different settings because it has 6 gears :D
Boost difference is just because its an auto :bowlol:

OK .. I added some more help text ..

LAX
03-02-2009, 02:15 PM
The generic is a good start .. thats why I renamed it .. ;)

The MR has different settings because it has 6 gears :D
Boost difference is just because its an auto :bowlol:

OK .. I added some more help text ..

Thanks Gunzo! :thumbup: For my GSR with 91 octane at high elevation (5000 ft), should I consider changing the injector scaling back to 532 and adjusting the fuel maps accordingly? I'm just a bit worried about part-throttle fueling that may be a bit more difficult to tune. Will it run too lean on 91 octane at part throttle? It seems like it'd be hard for me to reliably log at all the part throttle load cells. Thanks!

keepstar13
03-03-2009, 01:33 PM
Yo,
Weekend of driving the 93OctEXHINT map and no codes or problems. The low end is much better. I was not ready for it when I merged onto a highway. :X

We just got about 10" of snow here so the testing will have to stop. Also my laptop battery died..A new one is in the mail and I'll start logging when it arrives. And the snow goes away.

Again, I have 100% stock Evo X USDM.

TargeT
03-03-2009, 05:35 PM
Yo,
Weekend of driving the 93OctEXHINT map and no codes or problems. The low end is much better. I was not ready for it when I merged onto a highway. :X

We just got about 10" of snow here so the testing will have to stop. Also my laptop battery died..A new one is in the mail and I'll start logging when it arrives. And the snow goes away.

Again, I have 100% stock Evo X USDM.

logging with PCMscan?

verkion
03-03-2009, 10:25 PM
LOL...the low end is VASTLY improved eh? This is how they should have had the car from factory. I get significantly better gas mileage now too! Almost 5L/100km better in the city since i'm not revving the hell outta the car to get it to produce power :-P

verkion

slamsdime
03-03-2009, 11:41 PM
Ordered my cable should be here any day cant wait to try these great maps!!!!!!!!!!!! :godance:

flagg77
03-06-2009, 12:37 AM
UGH!!!

I am so jealous of you guys! I'm holding off until i can get a wideband installed. I've got a Lou's Custom Exhaust shop about 1/4 mile away from my house so all i need is for them to weld a bung on there for me so i can do the rest. Given all the snow and freezing cold, i just can't right now. Not to mention my new Arcan jack is on back order until month end.

This is killing me lol!

(but please keep making these better for when I finally can start tinkering :-D)

verkion
03-06-2009, 06:13 AM
??? If you have the cable you can flash the base maps. The A/F ratios are definitely in the "rich" zone still...so very safe!

verkion

TargeT
03-06-2009, 06:57 AM
??? If you have the cable you can flash the base maps. The A/F ratios are definitely in the "rich" zone still...so very safe!

verkion

i agree, unless you have very bad octane like me (90 :( ) I wouldnt hold off.

flagg77
03-06-2009, 01:34 PM
I know, i keep telling myself that it should be safe etc etc. I just worry about the my HKS filter + a freezing cold day (dense air) and perhaps running a bit on the lean side.

Guide me O wise and noble interwebs.... should i do it? (do it. do it. do it)

Burnings
03-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Do it.

SupremeX
03-06-2009, 04:26 PM
While I vote for do it, it is better to be safe than sorry. How long till you get your wideband in?

LAX
03-06-2009, 04:51 PM
I would recommend waiting to be safe. That way, you could log your car with the wideband BEFORE you change the map to see how it's currently running. I think it would be nice and informative for you to do before and after logs to better understand how parameters in the modified map affect your car.

flagg77
03-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Essentially the first nice day in april/may i will be out there with a big grin on my face. I dont have a garage and i'm up in the Boston MA area so right now my driveway is a MESS.

I'm leaning towards the "better safe than sorry" side on this. I would hate to damage something right out of the gate.

@LAX: Preach on mah brotha! I'm in the computer field and constantly troubleshooting issues and/or planning infrastructure changes. Having metrics for where you started always helps to make sure your changes are fully rolled out.

verkion
03-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Run the lower octane maps that gunzo posted. I think they still have the JDM mivecs and other tweaks...

TargeT
03-06-2009, 06:12 PM
@LAX: Preach on mah brotha! I'm in the computer field and constantly troubleshooting issues and/or planning infrastructure changes. Having metrics for where you started always helps to make sure your changes are fully rolled out.

so save your stock rom (you should do this anyway, in multiple places) and load one of the new ones, you can go back and forth no problem.

what is your octane? if you have shitty octane like me, (or anything below 93 really) your probably knocking RIGHT NOW, so essencialy, its more "dangerous" not to load a tune that at least pulls some timing.

SupremeX
03-06-2009, 09:21 PM
I am running the 93oct intake exhaust map and the AFRs are still about 10.5.

My boost is peaking around 26.5 though.

TargeT
03-06-2009, 09:40 PM
I am running the 93oct intake exhaust map and the AFRs are still about 10.5.

My boost is peaking around 26.5 though.

these maps are "GENERIC" or "STARTER" maps. you can make a lot of power at 12.0x AFR's, hell i've even seen some guys getup to 12.3 - 12.4..

BUT, thats on you to get there, no one offers a free map thats anywhere near as good as one you can get by tweaking your self. there's no "one tune fits all cars" out there.

just make sure you don't tune TOO far on the edge, humidity and temp swings are huge on turbo cars, and can push a tune from "crazy power" to "crazy knock"

Turbo cars never feel as strong as they do right before they let go...

SupremeX
03-06-2009, 11:13 PM
these maps are "GENERIC" or "STARTER" maps. you can make a lot of power at 12.0x AFR's, hell i've even seen some guys getup to 12.3 - 12.4..

BUT, thats on you to get there, no one offers a free map thats anywhere near as good as one you can get by tweaking your self. there's no "one tune fits all cars" out there.

just make sure you don't tune TOO far on the edge, humidity and temp swings are huge on turbo cars, and can push a tune from "crazy power" to "crazy knock"

Turbo cars never feel as strong as they do right before they let go...

Sorry, I meant to let the guy know that was asking about running the maps or not without a wideband on how rich it will still run. I know these are starter maps as I am the one that first asked Gunzo to work on these and they are hosted on my server for everyone to download. ;)

Next time, I will make sure to be more clear.

gunzo
03-07-2009, 01:25 PM
hi guys .. I'll be changing the maps so that you can read full boost on the OBD ports ..

Thanks ..

xbox4414
03-07-2009, 03:23 PM
Say what? What you mean read "full boost"?

gunzo
03-07-2009, 09:06 PM
Say what? What you mean read "full boost"?

The boost readings now are capped at 22psi I think .. or 1.55bar ..

I've removed them and hopefully you can get full readings off the OBD port now ..

files are updated ..

xbox4414
03-07-2009, 10:16 PM
Gunzo what exactly is changed? Maybe if you don't want to say publicly u can PM me? I got a custom map I'm running....but it would be nice to get these full readings.

TargeT
03-08-2009, 03:05 AM
Next time, I will make sure to be more clear.

it was good finger exercise for me:coffee: even if you already knew it.. hehe

how valid is this guide (ignoring the values for the most part)
http://www.boostedimports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222

Not much literature out there to read while i wait on a knock logger, but I like that one's thoroughness

verkion
03-08-2009, 08:06 AM
I'm going to test the Updated maps in the morning...but if anyone has tested the boost readings...do tell! I'll report back ASAP.

verkion

meat_EVO
03-08-2009, 02:24 PM
93OCT IntExh (http://www.digitalcanaan.com/roms/Evo_XGSR-93OctIntExh.hex)
this map had me pulling on a 311 whp (mustang dyno) X. and all i did was tweak for the injectors i am running.

LAX
03-08-2009, 07:59 PM
it was good finger exercise for me:coffee: even if you already knew it.. hehe

how valid is this guide (ignoring the values for the most part)
http://www.boostedimports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222

Not much literature out there to read while i wait on a knock logger, but I like that one's thoroughness

That's a pretty good writeup, but it was copy/pasted from EVOM. Check the ECUFlash subforum for the EVO 1-9 on EVOM and there are plenty of good threads in there (especially the stickied threads) to learn about tuning. One big difference is the X can run much more timing than the 8/9 from what I've read.

Thanks Gunzo for all your hard work. My tactrix cable and wideband are in the mail, so I hope to be able to give you feedback soon!

EvoX2NR
03-09-2009, 12:04 AM
93OCT IntExh (http://www.digitalcanaan.com/roms/Evo_XGSR-93OctIntExh.hex)
this map had me pulling on a 311 whp (mustang dyno) X. and all i did was tweak for the injectors i am running.

you forgot to mention the part about it being heatsoked after a 3.5 hour trip, fully weighted, and with a 300lb passenger too :shades:

TargeT
03-09-2009, 12:13 AM
That's a pretty good writeup, but it was copy/pasted from EVOM. Check the ECUFlash subforum for the EVO 1-9 on EVOM and there are plenty of good threads in there (especially the stickied threads) to learn about tuning. One big difference is the X can run much more timing than the 8/9 from what I've read.

Thanks Gunzo for all your hard work. My tactrix cable and wideband are in the mail, so I hope to be able to give you feedback soon!

Yeah more timing? hmm seems like leaner AFR's to mee too, all the dyno stuff i've been seeing has been hitting 12.3-12.6 peak AFR.

my cable and wide band are here, just waiting on the test pipe (with 02 bung welded in) but I dont think i can give much feed back with out evoscan or somethin similar.

I guess i could do some Gtech runs :rock:

you forgot to mention the part about it being heatsoked after a 3.5 hour trip, fully weighted, and with a 300lb passenger too :shades:

impressive excuse list, how long have you been runnin with those and how much tail do they get you!?:godance:

EvoX2NR
03-09-2009, 12:21 AM
impressive excuse list, how long have you been runnin with those and how much tail do they get you!?:godance:

Actually, it is kind of funny how I have a video with those excuses removed and ME pulling on the other evo (more then once).... so I guess they might actually mean something then ehh?

Looney Tuning
03-09-2009, 01:36 AM
I have a question about the ecu id on these maps. The ecu id on my stock map is 52680020. The ones for the generic GSR is 52680018. Can change the ecu id on the generic map to 52680020 and flash it and get the car to start? It is easier to do this than to copy the files from the 0018 into 0020.

Thanks

meat_EVO
03-09-2009, 01:40 AM

you sir, have a nicley modded x.. and your exhaust looks good too.

slamsdime
03-09-2009, 01:43 AM
meat is that gunzos 93oct map or your own??

EvoX2NR
03-09-2009, 01:52 AM
you sir, have a nicley modded x.. and your exhaust looks good too.

Thanks... the same goes for you too. :rock:

meat_EVO
03-09-2009, 02:12 AM
Thanks... the same goes for you too. :rock:

but my 4th gear did roll the f- out. i was suprised.

meat_EVO
03-09-2009, 02:15 AM
meat is that gunzos 93oct map or your own??

yea.. modded for my xtremeboost fuel injectors. other then that, its solid gunzo tunning. i also have the meth running, so the car is in the mid 10's A/F wise under WOT and i am hitting 24psi and holding solid 24psi.. no tapering as his tune is intended. my xtemeboost downpipe helped on the top end alot. along with my new fmic.

LAX
03-09-2009, 02:34 AM
I have a question about the ecu id on these maps. The ecu id on my stock map is 52680020. The ones for the generic GSR is 52680018. Can change the ecu id on the generic map to 52680020 and flash it and get the car to start? It is easier to do this than to copy the files from the 0018 into 0020.

Thanks

Hmm that's a good question. In ECUFlash, I can hit Edit / Set Data to change the ECU ID. However, when I enter a numeric value, it seems to convert it to a hex value. Anyone have suggestions on the right way to update the ECU ID on Gunzo's map to work with a specific car?

Deepseadiver
03-10-2009, 11:54 AM
I need some help with ECUflash. I have a older version on my lap top. Do I need to delete it and then reload with the latest version? Can I just load the new version and will it over write the old version. My cable just came in and I have a stock US EVO X. I would love to try the 91 octane map and report back. Good news on EVOM... It looks like EvoScan should be released soon! Thanks Gunzo for all the work.

Burnings
03-10-2009, 12:16 PM
I need some help with ECUflash. I have a older version on my lap top. Do I need to delete it and then reload with the latest version? Can I just load the new version and will it over write the old version. My cable just came in and I have a stock US EVO X. I would love to try the 91 octane map and report back. Good news on EVOM... It looks like EvoScan should be released soon! Thanks Gunzo for all the work.

I actually did an uninstall and reinstall the newer version which works for me :thumbup:

Deepseadiver
03-10-2009, 12:42 PM
OK, I could not install it on my laptop, not enough space. So I put in on my external harddrive and it works fine. I saved the EVOX 91 octane starter .HEX map and opened it in EcuFlash. How do I view the graphs? all I can seem to look at is the values of the maps.

Deepseadiver
03-10-2009, 12:46 PM
never mind! I got it, just had to click on the box, it getting late and time for bed. I should be able to give it a shot tomorrow.

gunzo
03-10-2009, 01:15 PM
Hmm that's a good question. In ECUFlash, I can hit Edit / Set Data to change the ECU ID. However, when I enter a numeric value, it seems to convert it to a hex value. Anyone have suggestions on the right way to update the ECU ID on Gunzo's map to work with a specific car?

In order to key in Hex correctly you need to type "0xhhhh" where hhhh is the number you want to see ..

ie 00005268 will be entered as 0x00005268

LOONEY TUNING .. sorry you have a newer ROM .. keep your rom and copy the Maps across .. no point going to an older version ROM ..

flagg77
03-10-2009, 06:09 PM
I actually did an uninstall and reinstall the newer version which works for me :thumbup:

+1 on doing a full uninstall followed by install. Seems to be the safest way to get the program in.

Burnings
03-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Alt G when you are viewing the values....

Deepseadiver
03-12-2009, 12:33 PM
EvoXGSRGeneric (http://www.digitalcanaan.com/roms/EvoXGSR_GenericBase.hex)
Should be a safe start for most guys ..
note peak boost you guys should see 1.5bar (~23psi)
Fuelling is still on the rich side .. but use your own WBO2 and work off it .. you should be fine with this map though
Ignition timing is stock .. so adjust them as you see fit ..
Mivec is modified JDM ..

Can I just flash this new Generic map to my car? or will I have to change the immoblizer code, or anything else? 52680018 is the new Generic Internal ID, 52680015 is my Internal ID.

Thanks for any help.

gunzo
03-12-2009, 01:33 PM
EvoXGSRGeneric (http://www.digitalcanaan.com/roms/EvoXGSR_GenericBase.hex)
Should be a safe start for most guys ..
note peak boost you guys should see 1.5bar (~23psi)
Ignition timing is stock .. so adjust them as you see fit ..
Mivec is modified JDM ..

Can I just flash this new Generic map to my car? or will I have to change the immoblizer code, or anything else? 52680018 is the new Generic Internal ID, 52680015 is my Internal ID.

Thanks for any help.

For same serial to same serial you can do it without problems .. that's the reason I put in the 0018 series .. it also updates your ROM to the newest dealer flash that removed whatever problems you have ..

DO NOT go different serials ie from 5236 to 5268 or vice versa .. the wirings are different!!! this has been verified ..

Update .. any one with test pipe issues .. I can turn off O2 checks now :D

LAX
03-12-2009, 06:56 PM
For same serial to same serial you can do it without problems .. that's the reason I put in the 0018 series .. it also updates your ROM to the newest dealer flash that removed whatever problems you have ..

DO NOT go different serials ie from 5236 to 5268 or vice versa .. the wirings are different!!! this has been verified ..

Update .. any one with test pipe issues .. I can turn off O2 checks now :D

Gunzo, can you help me with how to turn it off for the GSR generic map? I will have an o2 check come on because I'm tuning with the wideband in place of the stock o2 sensor in the stock downpipe, right before the cat. So that stock sensor won't be in the car while I tune. Thanks!

xbox4414
03-12-2009, 08:07 PM
Hey Gunzo, care to shoot me an email with the O2 bits?

Deepseadiver
03-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Hey Gunzo, care to shoot me an email with the O2 bits?

+1 send me a PM as well. That is great!

Burnings
03-12-2009, 09:40 PM
+1 send me a PM as well. That is great!

+2 :bowlol:

Would be good if can turn off airflow check as well hehehehe

gunzo
03-13-2009, 02:04 AM
+2 :bowlol:

Would be good if can turn off airflow check as well hehehehe

yes you can :whipping:

Yo guys .. can PM me your emails so I can send out the "test kit" :D

flagg77
03-14-2009, 09:16 PM
You guys get to test the o2 patch yet?

Details!

xbox4414
03-14-2009, 09:42 PM
Haven't gotten an email yet.... :(

Cocoli
03-14-2009, 10:17 PM
I just got done adjusting basic things like A/F and Mivec as per the first page of the thread. Took the car out and it drives well, but I got two codes that are similar to what others have gotten. Car is completely stock down to the air filter.
p0222 and p1235. Gunzo have you found out how to disable the check as you mention?

gunzo
03-15-2009, 12:42 AM
I just got done adjusting basic things like A/F and Mivec as per the first page of the thread. Took the car out and it drives well, but I got two codes that are similar to what others have gotten. Car is completely stock down to the air filter.
p0222 and p1235. Gunzo have you found out how to disable the check as you mention?

Hi, if you're completely stock and you copied all the maps you shouldn't be throwing codes :p

You may have missed some of the stock maps ??

Which version rom are you using ?
Open up your ROM check the tab on ROM Info ..
If it's anything less than 0018 (last 4 digits) .. you should upgrade ..

TargeT
03-15-2009, 03:12 AM
You guys get to test the o2 patch yet?

Details!

speedcircuit's test pipe has an angled 02 sensor isn't throwing a code for me :) plus it comes with a wideband02 bung already installed and was the cheapest one I could find.

It's not the same, i know, but "there's more than one way to skin a rear 02 reading" or something...:confused2:

Cocoli
03-15-2009, 01:26 PM
Hi, if you're completely stock and you copied all the maps you shouldn't be throwing codes :p

You may have missed some of the stock maps ??

Which version rom are you using ?
Open up your ROM check the tab on ROM Info ..
If it's anything less than 0018 (last 4 digits) .. you should upgrade ..

Let me go over it again. I'll post up my rom here for comparison.

yukevin
03-15-2009, 05:31 PM
Hi all:

Does anyone have detail info of what each map can do?

TargeT
03-15-2009, 09:13 PM
Hi all:

Does anyone have detail info of what each map can do?

they start you out on your way to cleaning up the AFR's, and they have the JDM mivec maps.

load your stock rom and the new one that you want to put on your car and start comparing tables, thats what i'm doing.

I've only looked at the GSR generic one though.

Cocoli
03-15-2009, 09:16 PM
Gunzo,
Its fixed now, thanks. I made a mistake when pasting it seems.
Hope all is well when the EBC goes in next week.