: Íhlins Stage III DFV or HKS Hipermax

myevox_mr
03-15-2009, 02:13 AM
Hello,

I am in the process of buying new coil overs for my 2008 MR. I am looking to improve what came with the car and to drop it at least 1". Please vote for what you think will be best for the street (no track).

Thank you in advance!!!!:rock:

linjy2
03-15-2009, 06:28 AM
i vote ohlins, but way overpriced just to be used on the street and such a mild drop.

fergeros
03-15-2009, 07:50 AM
wats the price difference?

jimmi
03-15-2009, 03:57 PM
Why not KWs? If you look around, you can get them for just a little higher price as the HKS, they have rebound adjustment (which HKS do not) and are close to the performance as the Ohlins.

NYC-X
03-16-2009, 03:37 AM
I don't think you can put HKS in the same league as Ohlins.

myevox_mr
03-16-2009, 03:56 AM
I don't think you can put HKS in the same league as Ohlins.

I will have to agree with you:shades:

Jackygor
03-16-2009, 04:06 AM
ohlins are more inline with KW...me think

MrBonus
03-16-2009, 12:11 PM
I have not heard good things about the DFV Sportlines and their damping. They're a Japanese-made damper that's essentially got the Ohlins brand name slapped on it and they are extremely stiff and drive poorly over anything but the flattest surfaces.

gunzo
03-16-2009, 02:08 PM
Whoa .. have you driven or SAT in one ??
Even from previous Evos ??
If you have not .. then I suggest you stop listening to these people ..

Its expensive yes .. its overpriced NO ..

Its one of only FEW you can drive to the track and drive back and not have a backache and still have excellent timing on track ..

I have tested more suspensions than most people here .. very few come close to Ohlins ..

They are not built and designed for looks .. if that's the desired effects .. then its the wrong suspension to use ..

BTW there's 2 Hipermax III .. which one are you referring to ??

Hipermax III and Hipermax III Sports

myevox_mr
03-16-2009, 05:32 PM
Whoa .. have you driven or SAT in one ??
Even from previous Evos ??
If you have not .. then I suggest you stop listening to these people ..

Its expensive yes .. its overpriced NO ..

Its one of only FEW you can drive to the track and drive back and not have a backache and still have excellent timing on track ..

I have tested more suspensions than most people here .. very few come close to Ohlins ..

They are not built and designed for looks .. if that's the desired effects .. then its the wrong suspension to use ..

BTW there's 2 Hipermax III .. which one are you referring to ??

Hipermax III and Hipermax III Sports

Gunzo,

Thank you so much for your information, I was looking at the Hypermax III. I am looking for a coil over that is dasing for the street.

Thank you again!!!

cypherx
03-16-2009, 08:10 PM
I'd go for KW V3's... just my opinion...

GoKimiGo!
03-16-2009, 08:24 PM
I have not heard good things about the DFV Sportlines and their damping. They're a Japanese-made damper that's essentially got the Ohlins brand name slapped on it and they are extremely stiff and drive poorly over anything but the flattest surfaces.

I would have to disagree with you. The Dual Flow Valving was developed in part to combat roughness and provide more compliance all the while aiding in better control by using different frequencies to differentiate when you hit a bump in the road or when you are taking a sweeping hard turn.

If I had the money for them at the moment they would be on my car next week. But they will have to wait and springs will hold their place until it is time for these bad boys.

I would easily take these over the KWs at their current prices.

Ohlins FTW

cypherx
03-16-2009, 08:30 PM
I've never been in a car with ohlins, but they make great suspension for bikes! (that probably doesn't help...)

MrBonus
03-16-2009, 08:35 PM
I would have to disagree with you. The Dual Flow Valving was developed in part to combat roughness and provide more compliance all the while aiding in better control by using different frequencies to differentiate when you hit a bump in the road or when you are taking a sweeping hard turn.

If I had the money for them at the moment they would be on my car next week. But they will have to wait and springs will hold their place until it is time for these bad boys.

I would easily take these over the KWs at their current prices.

Ohlins FTW

http://www.muellerized.com/products_evox.html

Muellerized 3-way Motons or bust. :p

Ohlins are obviously one of the best known brands; I was just repeating what I heard from someone I know drives semi-professionally and replaced his DFVs with Moton Clubsports and had nothing good to say about the DFVs on-track.

Z K
03-16-2009, 08:36 PM
I currently have the HKS Hipermax 3 on my car. I had the Ohlins DFV on my previous Evo. The Ohlins is head and shoulders more comfortable than the Hipermax 3. I have also driven a friend's Evo X with the Robispec KW V3 Street set up.

The DFV makes the roughest roads feel smooth yet it is firm and excellent control. I've done quite a few track days on the DFV and always amazed with it. Amazing stuff - total comfort with supreme handling. IMHO a lot better than the Robispec KWs.

The Hipermax 3 Street (not Sport) is not as smooth. It can not suck up bumps as well as the DFV. It is more comfortable than stock but it feels stiff and not as forgiving as the DFV. Compared to the Robispec KW, the KW is more comfortable.

Of course, the DFV are at least $1000 more than the Hipermax 3. The DFV also has pillowball upper mounts which transmit quite a lot of road noise into the cabin. HKS is as quiet as stock.

Here is my Hipermax 3 review:
http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-x-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension-sponsored-tire-rack/404450-hks-hipermax-3-a.html

My Hipermax 3:
http://www.rspec.org/images/hipermax1.jpg

My Ohlins DFV:
http://www.rspec.org/images/ebay/ohlins1.jpg

myevox_mr
03-16-2009, 09:20 PM
I currently have the HKS Hipermax 3 on my car. I had the Ohlins DFV on my previous Evo. The Ohlins is head and shoulders more comfortable than the Hipermax 3. I have also driven a friend's Evo X with the Robispec KW V3 Street set up.

The DFV makes the roughest roads feel smooth yet it is firm and excellent control. I've done quite a few track days on the DFV and always amazed with it. Amazing stuff - total comfort with supreme handling. IMHO a lot better than the Robispec KWs.

The Hipermax 3 Street (not Sport) is not as smooth. It can not suck up bumps as well as the DFV. It is more comfortable than stock but it feels stiff and not as forgiving as the DFV. Compared to the Robispec KW, the KW is more comfortable.

Of course, the DFV are at least $1000 more than the Hipermax 3. The DFV also has pillowball upper mounts which transmit quite a lot of road noise into the cabin. HKS is as quiet as stock.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-x-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension-sponsored-tire-rack/404450-hks-hipermax-3-a.html

WOW!!!!!!!! This is great!!!!:thumbup:

Does anyone know where I can by the Ohlins DFV, the only vendor that I have been able to fine is WORKS.

THX!!!

Z K
03-16-2009, 10:08 PM
WOW!!!!!!!! This is great!!!!:thumbup:

Does anyone know where I can by the Ohlins DFV, the only vendor that I have been able to fine is WORKS.

THX!!!

You can try GTWORX. They sell the DFV as well. http://forums.evolutionm.net/6718256-post2.html

As others have mentioned... You're looking at $2000 suspension vs $3300 suspension... but if the Ohlins are in your budget, they are worth it.

MrBonus
03-16-2009, 10:39 PM
Z K, why'd you switch to HKS?

myevox_mr
03-16-2009, 11:16 PM
Thank you ALL!!!!!

After reading ZK reviews, I decided to go with OHLINS DFV for my Evo X MR.

Thank you

Z K
03-17-2009, 12:25 AM
Thank you ALL!!!!!

After reading ZK reviews, I decided to go with OHLINS DFV for my Evo X MR.

Thank you

You did catch my thing about the road noise, right? The Ohlins are noisier than stock because of the lack of rubber. And like all pillowball upper mount coilovers - they will clunk in the rear over time.

Z K
03-17-2009, 12:26 AM
Z K, why'd you switch to HKS?

I had the Ohlins on my Evo 8. I have an Evo 10 now.

myevox_mr
03-17-2009, 01:07 AM
You did catch my thing about the road noise, right? The Ohlins are noisier than stock because of the lack of rubber. And like all pillowball upper mount coilovers - they will clunk in the rear over time.:(:(:(

I did thank you!

:(

I hate the noise/cluck in the rear, that is one of the reasons why a switch from TEIN to HKS RS on my last car (350Z APS TT). Then back again to HKS III non-sport for my MR:(

Does any one has any information on the RalliArt?

gunzo
03-17-2009, 01:32 AM
Gunzo,

Thank you so much for your information, I was looking at the Hypermax III. I am looking for a coil over that is dasing for the street.

Thank you again!!!

Then I'd go for Hypermax or Tein
DO NOT go for the Hypermax III SPORT .. all your bones will rattle lose after 5 mins drive ..

jimmi
03-17-2009, 02:44 AM
why go for the Hypermax when they are only a couple hundred less than the KWs which are a better coil?

Z K
03-17-2009, 04:32 AM
why go for the Hypermax when they are only a couple hundred less than the KWs which are a better coil?

That is not a really good comparison. The KW is better as in more soft and comfortable for street use. It has a lot of tunability which is good in the right tuner's hands but can be bad in the hands of the average car guy. Which means you can make your car handle a lot better or a lot worse. You'd pay a premium for some suspension tuner to set up your car correctly. Robispec charges $2500 for his set up not including install and custom tuning.

Ease of tuning and ease of installation is in favor of the HKS. No need for a spring compressor and the single adjustment for dampening is easy to understand.

I won't even go into the twin tube (KW) vs inverted monotube (HKS) shock differences...

jimmi
03-17-2009, 05:09 AM
Well, convince me as I would love to save a few hundred but have not been able to justify the small difference in cost....I have someone out here that will install and adjust them for 400 w/ alignment. From everything I have heard the HKS are much harder on the street which is the OP's primary application.

Z K
03-17-2009, 06:09 AM
Well, convince me as I would love to save a few hundred but have not been able to justify the small difference in cost....I have someone out here that will install and adjust them for 400 w/ alignment. From everything I have heard the HKS are much harder on the street which is the OP's primary application.

It is really up to you. The KW should be a great street application. I chose the HKS because I installed it myself and set it up - it was easier for me to do by myself than the KWs which I would not be able to do myself. The $700-800 difference in cost was a factor as well.

The difference in ride quality is not enough for me to justify the cost. The HKS does provide a sporty feel and reacts quick to driver inputs - the advantage from having monotube valving. It rides similar to stock but a bit stiffer at the lower damper settings.

For me, the Ohlins DFV is still the king of comfortable ride with handling performance. I didn't want the noise and didn't want to spend that much again.

jimmi
03-17-2009, 05:51 PM
I would be up for the HKS if they were that much difference in price. Actually, I only want the coils for street also. How are they on the lowest damping setting? If I could get them for 1300-1400 + the install instead of the 1800+ the install for the KWs and be convinced they were not noisy (you say no) and not bouncy (are they?) and could be tuned to be nice on the street (have bad roads in Ohio) then I would be happy to save 400-500.

jimmi
03-17-2009, 05:53 PM
ZK,

Do you mind PMing me a phone number so I could talk in more detail? Really on the fence about the coilovers and you have driven an X on both the KWs and HKS.

Z K
03-17-2009, 06:04 PM
I would be up for the HKS if they were that much difference in price. Actually, I only want the coils for street also. How are they on the lowest damping setting? If I could get them for 1300-1400 + the install instead of the 1800+ the install for the KWs and be convinced they were not noisy (you say no) and not bouncy (are they?) and could be tuned to be nice on the street (have bad roads in Ohio) then I would be happy to save 400-500.

Woah, I don't know what numbers you at looking at but the Hipermax 3 goes for $2000. You can probably find someone to sell it to you a bit cheaper but not much. I am comparing the pricing the Hipermax 3 vs the Robispec KWs which is $2500 + $300 to install and set up by him.

The Hipermax 3 is not bouncy, it is a bit stiffer than stock. If you can live with the stock GSR suspension ride, you can live with the Hipermax 3. The KWs are softer riding than the stock suspension and give more comfort than stock.

jimmi
03-17-2009, 06:15 PM
Don't know what kind of margin the HKS have but I have found KWs for 1850 by at least 3-4 vendors from a list of 2300+....I think the list for the HKS is 2-300 less so was just guessing.

SO the HKS are still stiffer than GSR stock on full soft? Hmmm.

Z K
03-17-2009, 09:18 PM
Don't know what kind of margin the HKS have but I have found KWs for 1850 by at least 3-4 vendors from a list of 2300+....I think the list for the HKS is 2-300 less so was just guessing.

SO the HKS are still stiffer than GSR stock on full soft? Hmmm.

The KWs are more popular so more vendors have it in stock and lots of competition. I believe the margin on the KW is wider as well - twin tube shocks are cheaper to manufacturer. Just about any shop can get the HKS but it costs more because there's no volume discount for the vendor.

So far I have it at 10 out of 30 dampening adjustment and it is a bit stiffer than stock. I have yet to try the lowest settings.

Read up on the twin tube vs monotube shock construction:
http://www.hksusa.com/info/?id=2838
http://www.tein.co.jp/e/special/ni_toryu/index.html

I don't want to convince you to go one way or another - get informed and make your own decision. Both are quality systems and have their strengths and drawbacks.

jimmi
03-17-2009, 11:47 PM
The KWs are more popular so more vendors have it in stock and lots of competition. I believe the margin on the KW is wider as well - twin tube shocks are cheaper to manufacturer. Just about any shop can get the HKS but it costs more because there's no volume discount for the vendor.

So far I have it at 10 out of 30 dampening adjustment and it is a bit stiffer than stock. I have yet to try the lowest settings.

Read up on the twin tube vs monotube shock construction:
http://www.hksusa.com/info/?id=2838
http://www.tein.co.jp/e/special/ni_toryu/index.html

I don't want to convince you to go one way or another - get informed and make your own decision. Both are quality systems and have their strengths and drawbacks.

I may have found a deal on these. Question for you...I live where we get a good amount of snow. How close to stock can you raise the HKS for winter time? The KWs max out .8 inch below stock.

Z K
03-18-2009, 06:14 AM
I may have found a deal on these. Question for you...I live where we get a good amount of snow. How close to stock can you raise the HKS for winter time? The KWs max out .8 inch below stock.

I have no idea how high they go. Out of the box it is set to about 1 inch lowering. The front maxes out at 1.2 inch lowered without changing the spring preload.

comebackQID
03-18-2009, 08:36 AM
i think stance isnt too bad plus they are decent for track and good for street...http://kultivate.wordpress.com/2008/06/20/stance-evo-x/ this evo looks very nice on stance coilovers. wheels are 18x10.5 offset is +15... oh yea and does any one know who makes those cool canards are???

comebackQID
03-18-2009, 08:37 AM
http://kultivate.wordpress.com/2008/06/20/stance-evo-x/

jimmi
03-18-2009, 03:10 PM
I have no idea how high they go. Out of the box it is set to about 1 inch lowering. The front maxes out at 1.2 inch lowered without changing the spring preload.

Sorry if I am killing you with questions. Where you able to adjust the camber in the rear back to the stock range? Read on the other forum, someone with KWs had an issue with this.

Z K
03-18-2009, 04:28 PM
Sorry if I am killing you with questions. Where you able to adjust the camber in the rear back to the stock range? Read on the other forum, someone with KWs had an issue with this.

That is not an issue with the coilovers - it's with how low you go with the car. The lower you go, the more camber you will get. The rear camber adjustment is on the car but the adjustment on the arm only goes so far.

In my case they were able to bring it to 1.3 degrees negative camber which is within the stock specs. I am lowered 1 inch in the rear.

myevox_mr
03-21-2009, 03:03 AM

My Hipermax 3:

My Ohlins DFV:
http://www.rspec.org/images/ebay/ohlins1.jpg

ZK

If money was NOT a concerned, and you have to do it all over again. What will you chose for the EVOX for STREET use?

Thankyou!!!!!

Z K
03-21-2009, 08:45 AM
ZK

If money was NOT a concerned, and you have to do it all over again. What will you chose for the EVOX for STREET use?

Thankyou!!!!!

The ride with the Ohlins is definitely more refined over the HKS... if you can live with the road noise and clunking. The HKS has zero road noise and no clunking but also not as refined a ride.

I recently turned down the damper setting to 5 (out of 30) and I am very pleased with the ride. It is like the stock GSR suspension! :)

1. For a good ride, go get the Robispec KW V3 .. they use the stock rubber upper mounts for no noise, can be tuned to whatever you want.

2. The Ohlins has a even better ride than the KW, great for performance driving - awesome dampeners! Yet the pillowball mounts and lack of rubber make for a noisy ride.

3. The HKS kinda falls in between the KW and Ohlins. Sporty feeling like the Ohlins, no noise like the KW, yet not as refined ride.

Hard choice - they all trade off points. My ideal street suspension would be the Ohlins DFV with rubber upper mounts but they don't make that. :(

I am happy with the HKS, it has offered me a trade off between the other two for a price less than either. You'll find positive reviews on other car forums for the Hipermax 3 for street use.

MrBonus
03-21-2009, 11:59 AM
ZK

Thankyou!!!!!

Why would you spend all that money on either if you're only driving them on the street?

myevox_mr
03-21-2009, 12:05 PM
Why would you spend all that money on either if you're only driving them on the street?

Just for the fun! :shades:

myevox_mr
03-21-2009, 12:10 PM
The ride with the Ohlins is definitely more refined over the HKS... if you can live with the road noise and clunking. The HKS has zero road noise and no clunking but also not as refined a ride.

I recently turned down the damper setting to 5 (out of 30) and I am very pleased with the ride. It is like the stock GSR suspension! :)

1. For a good ride, go get the Robispec KW V3 .. they use the stock rubber upper mounts for no noise, can be tuned to whatever you want.

2. The Ohlins has a even better ride than the KW, great for performance driving - awesome dampeners! Yet the pillowball mounts and lack of rubber make for a noisy ride.

3. The HKS kinda falls in between the KW and Ohlins. Sporty feeling like the Ohlins, no noise like the KW, yet not as refined ride.

Hard choice - they all trade off points. My ideal street suspension would be the Ohlins DFV with rubber upper mounts but they don't make that. :(

I am happy with the HKS, it has offered me a trade off between the other two for a price less than either. You'll find positive reviews on other car forums for the Hipermax 3 for street use.

Thank you so much!!!!! People like you are assets to this community.

Take care :rock:

evox44
03-29-2009, 06:09 AM
How do you guys feel about BC ER's 2-way adj. vs HKS or TEIN's?

Z K
03-29-2009, 06:20 AM
How do you guys feel about BC ER's 2-way adj. vs HKS or TEIN's?

I've mentioned it on other threads on EvoM... I had BC Racing Type BR and Megan Racing (manufactuered by BC Racing) coilovers on my previous Evo. They work great when new but they wore out on me very quick. It became very bouncy and rode like crap.

Customer service is non existant. They basically told me it was wear and tear and told me to buy another set of shocks. Maybe the ER is better... but I know I will never buy a Bor Chuan product again.

Robevo
03-29-2009, 12:03 PM
hks is not a same league in the coilover world as a KW.
stage to stage the KW is murder the HKS coilovers.
Ohlins is a great coilover.

The equally staged coilovers, the Ohlins are not really better then KW.
They really very close call . The biggest difference you will find in them is the actual set up and adjustment.
So, if you have either of them, and it is set it up right for you, it will be better then the other one. You might find it out the Ohlins is not your taste , and only because the actual set up on it.

So there are more then here then Ohlins are better :) Or KW's.
If you are in suspension and handling then go to a suspension specialist , and get a coilover you like . Just to have a "best coilover" doesnt' really means too much vs the properly set it up coilover.
I know you will argue on this one , but bealive me its true.

Rob

ps: if you have a properly set up HKS you might even will like it better then a "best" Ohlins . But if you set up the Ohlins a right way, it is a killer coilover :)

evox44
03-29-2009, 04:30 PM
Thank you for your replies :)
Z_K, how often do coilovers....deteriate? how often would I have to buy a new set of coil overs after I purchase lets say the Hipermax? When you mentioned about BC's going bad, well the reviews said "they cna handle anything, snow, salt etc"....LIARS!!!! lol How long does a 'good coilover set" last? Ohlins i'm assuming will last more than any...?

I need something that can work in Canadian snow stormy weathers aswell :| and I can increase the ride height in the snow, then decrease it in summer/track.

jimmi
03-29-2009, 11:45 PM
the kws are corrosion resistent and have a life time warranty. HKS-1yr, Ohlins..not sure.

Z K
03-30-2009, 04:32 AM
Thank you for your replies :)
Z_K, how often do coilovers....deteriate? how often would I have to buy a new set of coil overs after I purchase lets say the Hipermax? When you mentioned about BC's going bad, well the reviews said "they cna handle anything, snow, salt etc"....LIARS!!!! lol How long does a 'good coilover set" last? Ohlins i'm assuming will last more than any...?

I need something that can work in Canadian snow stormy weathers aswell :| and I can increase the ride height in the snow, then decrease it in summer/track.

Well, "good" coilovers doesn't always mean more durable. You have to see what the coilovers are designed for.

Most high end competition coilovers like the Ohlins Flag, JRZ, Moton etc. are not made to last very long at all. They offer maximum performance and require rebuilds more often. Lack of seals/boots, exposed components all cause fast wear. You are probably better off getting a set of coilovers designed for street use if durability is your main concern.

KWs are good for street and so are Bilstein coilovers. Both have a reputation for durability in street driving. The Ohlins DFV is recommended to be serviced about every 20-30K miles. I don't know what is recommended for HKS. Of course it is all dependant on your driving conditions - more bumpy roads wear out shocks faster.

Don't be fooled by people saying how great their suspension is because they won some time attack, autocross or other competition. Suspension takes a lot more abuse in street driving than it will see in competition.

My BC Racing/Megan suspension both were feeling worn at 10K miles. Still drivable but noticably more bouncy.

hks is not a same league in the coilover world as a KW.
stage to stage the KW is murder the HKS coilovers.A well set up KW perhaps, but stock to stock, it is comparing apples to oranges. KW V3 is designed as a value coilover system for street use. The HKS Hipermax 3 is a de-tuned track set up for street use. To a novice, suspension set up the HKS is far easier to install and set up. The custom adjustability of the KW and the fact you need a spring compressor to install makes it harder. The HKS is much more expensive a design. Inverted monotube with linear valving vs twin tube. The margin on a KW is high and highly advertised to push sales. This is not to say a well set up KW is not good - the difference is the set up.

Read John Mueller of Muellerized's regarding KWs:
The KW's are made to have a nice shiny exterior with a high profit margin twin tube strut insert, it is a component that a large amount of revenue is spent on marketing, likely less budget is spent on the actual components themselves. Many people mistake the lack of response of the small diameter pistons as having 'good' ride quality.http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=63463.msg7410894#msg7410894
He specializes in and has set up many award winning Evos for competition.

jimmi
03-30-2009, 07:48 PM
I know that Meuller has a good rep but he also pushes JICs which I have heard also do not offer that great customer service.

Honestly, I could be happy with HKS but will likely go with KW3 as I can get them for similar price to HKS, have more adjustment, and the guy that I know that is setting them up has more exprience with them which is probably most important.

Hey ZK, I had a quick question concerning your spacers. Do you have issues with them coming loose? I want to use them for my set up but some guy on the other forum said they had issues with them backing out.

Z K
03-30-2009, 08:06 PM
I know that Meuller has a good rep but he also pushes JICs which I have heard also do not offer that great customer service.

Honestly, I could be happy with HKS but will likely go with KW3 as I can get them for similar price to HKS, have more adjustment, and the guy that I know that is setting them up has more exprience with them which is probably most important.

Hey ZK, I had a quick question concerning your spacers. Do you have issues with them coming loose? I want to use them for my set up but some guy on the other forum said they had issues with them backing out.

If you buy a Muellerized set up, you get the service from him.. no need to go through JIC. I do not think JICs are a good street set up though. Pillowball mounts make for a lot of road noise and clunks down the road.

No problems with anything backing out. The bolt-on spacers are easy to install, make sure you torque the spacer like you do your wheel nuts. Make sure the ones you get are hubcentric.

Some issues I do have with them is tramlining and you also get slower turn in response because of the increased offset.

myevox_mr
03-31-2009, 01:28 AM
KK or anyone,

Do you have any information on the RallyArt Coil over for street see below.

http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?model=evo&cat=handling&prodid=3185

I know the price is retarded stupid, but I found somebody selling a set for $2,700.

Thank you for advice in advance!!!

Cyp
07-12-2009, 07:55 PM
^wow, that is a crazy price!!
After reading these pages, I find that longevity of the coilover is very important to me. Last thing I want to do is have it serviced every two or less years. I want to put on a good pair of coils and not worry about it for 5-6 years. Looks like I'm still leaning toward the KW'v3'-robispecs.

ripnbst
07-14-2009, 08:10 AM
Another suspension company to consider although I don't know if they offer anything for the X is ZZyzx. Yes that's spelled correctly, worth looking into.

EDIT: Just looked at their site and they said their Evo X offerings are in development. Dont know when you plan to purchase.

RallyCanada
07-14-2009, 09:41 PM
I wouldn't count on ZZyzx, they aren't making them right now. Has anyone tried the Hotbits coilovers? I know that ACP uses them on the rally circuit, and had success with them at Targa Newfoundland, but I have yet to see anyone get them valved for their tastes and try them out. I have them on my rally car, and the adjustment range is absolutely amazing. They go from bone shaking stiff to nice and soft, so you can really tune them for the ride and aggression you want. Any feedback is appreciated. (They have inverted and non-inverted types for the Evo X as well)

Slo4B11
07-14-2009, 10:46 PM
Great thread with lots of good reading, thanks Z K