: 7/17/2010: 5th Annual T.S.E. Lancer Evolution Owners Day

TriStateEvo
06-26-2010, 12:30 PM
http://media.tristateevo.com/tse/flyer_5th.jpg

Summer is definitely upon us and it's time to strike up the grill and celebrate yet another year of the collective madness that is our T.S.E. Lancer Evolution Owners Day. This year's owners day will be held on July 17, 2010. One of the coolest gear-heads I know, Jim Haskell, the owner of Bell Mitsubishi, has graciously allowed us to use his facilities to once again hold our celebration of everything Evo:

Bell Mitsubishi
1500 Route 1 South, Rahway, NJ 07065
(732) 388-8800

The event will be going on from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM and I know we'll be planning an after-event get together, which will be TBA.

This year's event will be a little different than the past 4 events that we have had. This year, we lost someone very dear and special to us. As you may or may not know, Steven Osorio, a long-time T.S.E. team member, passed away from his very long courageous bout with cancer recently. Stevo always loved cookouts and gatherings with friends and family and the Evo Owners Day is a true culmination of everything that Stevo loved to do; be amongst friends, make new friends, eat a hot burger fresh off the grill and be surrounded by Evos.

Each and every year we've had a gathering, but this year, I want to spruce some things up and add a little excitement to the mix.

This year we will be having a judged event in the following categories:
1) Best Performance CT9A (1)
2) Best Performance CZ4A (1)
3) Best Visual CT9A (1)
4) Best Visual CZ4A (1)
5) Best Overall Lancer Evolution (1)
6) Best Overall Lancer Ralliart (1)
6) Furthest Travelling Evo (1) (Under it's own power - no trailered cars)
7) Regional Captains Choice Awards (3) (For top regional member chosen by captain)
8) Special Award (Surprise)

Judging staff will remain anonymous until the day of the event, so no brown-nosing!

Each winner will be awarded a trophy as well as a special token donated by our sponsoring vendors.

Registration will be $20 per car for the event and you will have to sign up inside when you arrive. A portion of proceeds will be going a fund that we have set aside for something special in Stevo's honor.

Please do your best to make it this year and let's make it the biggest one we've had yet!