: OEM Rockford Fosgate Subwoofer

DVDee
03-25-2008, 01:37 AM
Anyone here has the OEM Rockford fosgate unit out? If so can you tell me what the part number is?

PDXEvo
03-25-2008, 04:19 AM
Which unit? The stock deck? Nav or Non-nav.

DVDee
03-25-2008, 02:54 PM
The subwoofer unit that goes in the trunk.

DVDee
03-25-2008, 02:55 PM
Also do you think if I just add the subwoofer unit in the trunk to the regular head unit, it would work fine?

darmawaa
03-29-2008, 09:40 PM
Get under the seat sub. X trunk is sooo small.

Thuan
03-31-2008, 04:48 AM
Also do you think if I just add the subwoofer unit in the trunk to the regular head unit, it would work fine?

Check under your drivers seat, if you see an amp then it might work.
But there should be some Plugs there for the amp if you don't see one.
My guess is you have an EVO/Lancer without the SSS package.

Thuan
04-01-2008, 06:08 AM
OEM Rockford Fosgate Subwoofer
Anyone thinking about swaping the factory 10" with some other brand? I tried it today and its a no go.
I tried kicker,alpine,JL, and even other rockford fosgate ,but nothing fits the OEM sub box.
Factory 10" is more like 10 1/2" Mitsu know how to make money, they want you to come to them for replacements.
But the good news is I think if you alter the opening,with a custom made Baffle with 1 or 2 inch thick
You can have more choice of Subs, Can even go with 8" sub if you like and even a Nice JL 10" w6v2 with 3 inch baffle.
This coming weekend project. Going to try to get a JL 10w6v2 to fit the OEM box.

rhyminreazon
04-08-2008, 09:07 PM
are there any rca outputs on the factory navigation headunit, or the factory amp? i would like to have my system from my current car powered up along with the factory system.... i have 2 alpine 10's with a amp

PDXEvo
04-08-2008, 11:31 PM
There is a line out, but its not in RCA format. You could make it so I suppose.

Kooldino
04-09-2008, 02:31 PM
Get under the seat sub. X trunk is sooo small.

I'd be interested in learning more about this.

rhyminreazon
04-11-2008, 12:38 AM
i know its off topic but... is the line out a bass only signal where as i could just cut off one end of my rca cable and splice into it.

PDXEvo
04-11-2008, 01:09 AM
I think there are only two leads that go to the sub. I think its in my post of the wiring diagrams.

Thuan
04-11-2008, 03:37 AM
i know its off topic but... is the line out a bass only signal where as i could just cut off one end of my rca cable and splice into it.

From the oem amp there is a Bass only signal but its high voltage output, you don't want to tap into that for RCA line. From the factory Deck, there is 2
full range low voltage line output. Like PDX has mention above just read his wiring diagram.

Moostafa29
04-11-2008, 05:50 PM
How many watts does the stock sub put out?

Thuan
04-14-2008, 04:45 AM
How many watts does the stock sub put out?

I found the answer for you today, After I blew the stock Sub:)

Its 75 watt per coil at 1.1 ohm. < JL 500/1 amp and stock Sub is a bad combo:) I was surprise it even lasted this long.

I'm in the process of modding the stock sub enclose to fit a JL w6v2
reinforcing the plastic box with fiberglass, The stock box itself is hold
together with only some screws, and You can feel the air leak leak through
the side. Using a plastic welder to seal the inside, and fiberglass in the outside to give it a ticker layer for less flexing.

PDXEvo
04-14-2008, 10:41 PM
Why put so much effort into the stock box? You should just use the stock box as a mold, and make an all new one ;)

I think I am going to do 3 10's across the back seat.

Thuan
04-15-2008, 02:16 AM
Why put so much effort into the stock box? You should just use the stock box as a mold, and make an all new one ;)

Yea after messing around with the BOX the JL 10 W6 V2-d4 would not fit in the box no matter what I did, So I return the 10w6 in place for a 12 w6 ,
might as well go with some 12s now.
I did take a good look at the 13.5 W7 for a good 20min:p

I did what you said. the back of the box will be the basic molding for my new custom box.
My new custom Fiberglass box be much nicer, and will have more airspace for an W6, Im building it to W7 min. airspace.Just in case I ever want more boom but less SQL. I will have this done by Firday night, Im more then 1/2 done already, but only like 1 hour each week night to spend on it. I will be
sure to post some picture on Friday. I really want to show you guys some picture now, But will surprise you guy this weekend.

Kooldino
04-15-2008, 10:20 PM

:bsflag:

EVOLUTIONARY
04-15-2008, 10:29 PM
^^^lol

Thuan
04-19-2008, 06:56 AM
Sorry guys my custom Fiberglass Sub didn't turnout so well,
I'm a Ex- MECP certified installer from years back, but not much of a Fabricator.
Lucky being in the business before and making friends you know people that can help
and fix you F-ups for a 12 pack of beer:) Pictures will be up Saturday. Promise i won't fail you guys
next weekend, when i install the Focal K2-power 165KF component set along with
the Perfect AMP for it that Fits at the same location as the OEM AMP

JNZTuning
08-21-2008, 09:24 PM
Some more notes on this if anyone's interested.

I was able to easily fit a JL 10W3-4 sub in place of the Rockford sub by just removing the "cupped" section in the back that allows you to secure the back of the sub to the box. Simply cut it off low, then seal it back up. You have to re-drill the holes for the JL (different spacing, but goes in securely).

As for those that want to keep the factory Nav system and utilize aftermarket amps without going the band-aid patch of a line-level convertor, Fosgate offers their 3Sixty.1 to integrate amplifier outputs to any factory head unit. They've proven it to work with their SEMA Rockford/Mitsubishi Lancer display car that they've built.

Kooldino
08-21-2008, 09:35 PM
That's awesome.

jacknjilloff
08-21-2008, 11:08 PM
I have used the JL clean sweep to integrate amps to oem

JNZTuning
08-21-2008, 11:11 PM
I may end up replacing my JL W3 with a true Rockford sub in the near future as well, so I'll let you know how that fits.

I just found out (last night) that an old friend of mine that I used to work with, is now Head of New Product Development for Rockford Fosgate, so I might try out some of their new stuff and at least spend the money with a company that a friend works for.

recur
04-13-2009, 12:22 AM
Does anyone know how deep the factory sub is?

I'm looking to replace this with a Boston Acoustics or a Focal sub, but I'm concerned that these will be too deep for the box...

Wicked White
04-13-2009, 06:27 AM
Does anyone know how deep the factory sub is?

I'm looking to replace this with a Boston Acoustics or a Focal sub, but I'm concerned that these will be too deep for the box...

The voice coil is very small i can tell you that. I do not have the exact mesurement off the top of my head, but i can measure mine tomorrow if youd like.
i had to take this approach when installing an aftermarket woofer - http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12801

good luck, and are you going to swap out your factory amp as well?

recur
04-14-2009, 12:11 AM
The voice coil is very small i can tell you that. I do not have the exact mesurement off the top of my head, but i can measure mine tomorrow if youd like.
i had to take this approach when installing an aftermarket woofer - http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12801

good luck, and are you going to swap out your factory amp as well?

Yeah, the factory amp sucks.

New setup will be:
Factory amp speaker level outputs
-into-
Audiocontrol LC6i
-into-
Audiocontrol EQS
-into-
2 x Xtant 404m 4 Channel Amplifiers
1 x Xtant 121m Monoblock Amplifier

I'll be running a pair of Morel Elate 6 2 way components, bi amped off one of the 404m amplifiers.

Rear fill is to be a pair of Morel Tempo 6" coaxials running off 2 channels of the other 404m amplifier.

I'm looking to use an Image Dynamics IDQ10V3.4 with the two voice coils run in parallel off the monoblock.

TheSin
04-14-2009, 12:48 AM
does the factory amp have a bracket to mount under the seat? does anyone have any good pics of the mounting and hookup of the factory amp? I want to use the factory location but I haven't seen the setup for it yet I know it's under the drivers seat and I found the wires, just not sure about the mounting and keeping it off the ground.

recur
04-14-2009, 12:57 AM
does the factory amp have a bracket to mount under the seat? does anyone have any good pics of the mounting and hookup of the factory amp? I want to use the factory location but I haven't seen the setup for it yet I know it's under the drivers seat and I found the wires, just not sure about the mounting and keeping it off the ground.

You can't easily remove the factory amp. It is CanBus connected to the head unit and from memory, removing it will cause you a world of grief.

I haven't located a way of getting a line level signal from the head unit on the CanBus cable either so the factory amp is still needed for its speaker level outputs which you should sum and condition using a line output converter.

If you are just putting in a single sub, the best place I can see is the back of the rear seat in between the battery and the water reservoir. When you are running 3 like I will be, you are in custom install territory.

TheSin
04-14-2009, 01:03 AM
I dont' have the factory amp, and I have an after market head unit, I just want to see the factory setup for mounting purposes :)

GO ON 3
04-14-2009, 01:43 AM
I think the 10inch sub is big enough! Rather not add more lbs to the X. When I was 17 I had 2 - 15inch fosgate subs with 2 x 1000w amps going through them :)
Any ways had about 7k worth of custom equiptment in my old 95 dodge avenger V6 LOL
Was cool in highschool. But if I could go back I rather have the faster car rather then the loudest!

recur
04-14-2009, 03:06 AM
It's not a matter of whether the sub is big enough, but whether it can take and deliver power.

Swapping one 10" sub with another will offer marginal change to weight. If you use the same box and install location, it will be unlikely to be much different to the installation from the factory.

You really think an extra few pounds will make that much difference to the power to weight ratio?

bradze
04-14-2009, 03:26 AM
i have a subwoofer for sale if anyones interested.

GO ON 3
04-14-2009, 03:13 PM
guess my last message didnt work, but I was saying, no 2-5lbs wont make much diff. but I was replying to the guys who put bigger systems in, like 2-12's amps box, just saying that the 10" would be enough thump for me as I already went BIG before lol

jludo
06-27-2010, 02:52 AM
Does any one have or no were to find the wiring diagram for the multi communication system head unit so I can install the hi/lo converter and were can put my remote wire for my amp

oda evo X
07-03-2010, 06:00 AM
you can have mine for 50 plus shipping. I took it out in Nov and it has been in the basement ever since.