Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

ECUFlash Maps

213K views 1K replies 151 participants last post by  shashankj88 
#1 · (Edited)
General
If you do not know where to start use Evo X Generic files please ..

Evo X GSR Generic
Evo X MR Generic
Should be a safe start for everyone (from stock to 90Oct to trouble free running) ..
note peak boost you guys should see (~21psi) and tapering down to around 14psi ..
Fuelling is still on the rich side .. but use your own WBO2 and work off it .. you should be fine with this map though
Ignition timing is stock .. BUT reduced up top to account for stock and 90Oct fuel (stock Evo knock badly between 5-6500rpms) .. so adjust them as you see fit ..
Mivec is modified JDM ..

Evo X GSR 91OCT
Evo X MR 91 Oct
Modified boost to run slightly up high (improved breathing) should taper to 17-18psi versus stock
fuelling modified -( doesn't look much difference but trust me there's more than 10% difference ! :D)
Timing is reduced up top .. but increased up to ~5000rpms ..
More boost / leaner / slightly more timing than GENERIC

Evo X GSR 93OCT
Evo X MR 93 Oct
Peak 24-25psi tapering to 18-19psi
fuelling is modified but still pig rich
Timing is aggressive JDM up to 4000rpms .. then stock (adjust as you see fit)
More boost / slightly more timing than 91Oct

NOTE: I do not know how high a boost you can run on 91 Oct ..
You should see 22-20psi tapering to 16-17psi on this

Thanks to SupremeX for sharing his webserver for the files ..

My Paypal account if you feel generous ..

See less See more
#4 ·
How will this work on 93oct?

#5 ·
Ohh... Forgot to share... Gunzo, you rule!!! How about we setup some donations for you for your work!! Anyone else game??????

#14 ·
FYI: The 91 map has bad check air flow maps. I loaded the map to check it this morning and rolling down the street not even before 3000 RPM's there was a slight stumble and CEL. Pulled over, pulled the code. It was a fuel pump out of range code. I don't remember the exact code, but I've gotten it before. With some tweaks to the check air flow tables it should be solved.

#15 ·
I noticed you have an open filter. That map is designed for a bone stock car. Have you tried the 93 oct one that is designed to work with an intake?

EDIT: Just realized you are in Cali with 91 oct.

#16 ·
The open air filter should not throw a code that early. I have used other maps and it took much longer and it was on track for that code to be thrown. So lite driving like this threw me off. So I put my custom map back on. I will be tweaking my map and posting it later. And ya....shitty 91 Cali gas...

#18 ·
Its' not fuel pump out of range ..
Its MAS plausibility ..

Thanks for highlighting .. forgot about the USDM unable to run the MAS from JDM :D
It's fixed .. try again thanks ..

Verkion .. the maps work for MR too .. you just need to use the MR ROM ..
in fact the ROM is the same .. it's just the serial number is different

#21 ·
Umm.... you just made my day. I've been at work since 7:30am EST, its now 10:40 est and i'm still going. I decided to take a couple minutes to check my favorite site to see whats up and i see this thread.

:godance:

#26 ·
thanks gunzo. Its great to belong to a community that have sharing members like you. Many thanks!!

#29 ·
Yes .. use the new ones .. I just changed them yesterdat.. I forgot about the limiter maps .. USDM cannot run the more aggressive limiters ..

#33 ·
i changed my boost limit this morning, and ran the 93 oct tune again.

I got a throttle position in high circuit p1234 CEL.
And the a P0222. but the "fuel system out of range" p 1235 is gone now.
I havent got my cord yet to flash, so you keep being a good little ginea pig, so any bugs can be worked out by the time I am able to do mine:p!
Thanx to all who are contributing, this is very cool technology!

#32 · (Edited)
This may sound dumb, but is there a good way to compare maps?

I mean, if I'm looking at the Stock vs gunzo's 91, is there an easier way to see the differences and changes that have been made than going through each individually and trying to figure it out?

Regardless of the answer, I'm learning lots! Thanks gunzo!

(and does anybody have any information on the ECU Options and the functions associated with each?)

#34 ·
If you are still getting those codes I think it's the limiters again.... I changed the 91 map with my custom limiters and it's doing fine. Tonight I'm gonna data log again and fine tune the AFR's and timing to what I want. Woohoo for ECUFlash for the X!

#41 · (Edited)
So i'm finally getting a chance to start going through the base map and some of the maps you've posted gunzo. I'm finding that most of my confusion with the maps stems from the simple "what the hell is it doing" question.

So for example i was looking at my rom (evox w/ 2nd reflash) noticed that my boost control load offset is set to 80 "load" but yours is set to 100.

So what is that controlling? Is there a wiki / forum somewhere that breaks this down?

I'm having the same confusion on the boost target engine load tables. These are rpm vs throttle vs engine load(?). So what am i telling the ecu in this table. Seems like i'm saying "ecu, if your at 4k rpm, and i go WOT, go to load cell 141.9? That *cant* be right. Stock is 155, yours is 141.9.

So yea, any help / pointers you can give on these specific questions would be awesome, but i'm wondering what i can read / research in addition to that.

Otherwise i'm going to light UP this thread with questions lol.

/goes to read for 453243th time evom's "how to tune and evo" thread

#43 · (Edited)
So i'm finally getting a chance to start going through the base map and some of the maps you've posted gunzo. I'm finding that most of my confusion with the maps stems from the simple "what the hell is it doing" question.

So for example i was looking at my rom (evox w/ 2nd reflash) noticed that my boost control load offset is set to 80 "load" but yours is set to 100.
Its an offset :godance:
This number is added to the EngineLoad to give you your actual desired engine load

I'm having the same confusion on the boost target engine load tables. These are rpm vs throttle vs engine load(?). So what am i telling the ecu in this table. Seems like i'm saying "ecu, if your at 4k rpm, and i go WOT, go to load cell 141.9? That *cant* be right. Stock is 155, yours is 141.9.
I have a +20 offset higher than stock now .. so the boost is still higher ..
for 91 Oct .. its better to let it peak instantaneous, move the car and coast down on the boost .. that's what I'm doing ..

An approximation is 141.9 +100 = 249 loadsite ~ 21psi +/-
155 +80 = 235 loadsite ~18-19psi +/-

For the JDM .. the load numbers are quite logical .. they approximate quite closely to absolute pressure on a stock car .. ie 250 = 250kpa Abs = 150kpa gauge ..

Added
ZLayer - Yes seems like they will overboost.. check below for the guide .. so if you do not have the pills .. the boost is going to hunt up and down for a while until it can match the loads :D

And Yes .. it learns the boost profile very well .. much better than EBCs .. after 3-4 times boosting .. the boost curve is steady with no more spikes ..

GST Boost Pills guide (use this if you have aftermarket pills)
5000 @ 76% primary / 42% secondary = 24psi
5500 @ 80% primary / 42% secondary = 23.5psi
6000 @ 85% primary / 44% secondary = 22.5psi
6500 @ 97% primary / 62% secondary = 21psi
7000 @ 100% primary / 90% secondary = 20psi
7400 @ 100% primary / 94% secondary = 19.5psi

#44 ·
wait for it...

wait for it....

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh..... ok... i get it!

:D

lol, thanks man. I appreciate the explanation. I didn't realize that those tables were being used by the ecu to "artificially" raise my engine load to a specific load cell. Starting to "see" how this flows a bit better now. Your utilizing those tables to get the boost up to a target load cell. The load cell i hit is determined by:

(my engine speed) vs [ (how heavy my foot is) + (static boost offset constant) + (BTEL) ]

Once you hit a desired load cell, and a rough boost level, then you start tuning ign. timing and afr's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.