Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Guide me for a perfect/strong 2.0L Build Motor *Demon X future Build*

19K views 124 replies 32 participants last post by  Demon X 
#1 ·
Like the tittle says my fellow Evo Xs owners, I think is time to start getting my Build list, I dont have much knowledge in what parts are need it to make Demon X a strong 2.0L. so please juice me with your knowledge on which pistons,rods, cams, valves, springs, ect.. whats best? I know Mayle makes good quality internal parts but i dont know whats need for a strong 2.0L....

Go!

David

#2 ·
#7 ·
this will be what i do, but only if my stock poops out on me

#14 ·
i have been looking at a 2.0 build also. have come up with

2011 2.0L build
sleeved block
JE Pistons Pro Series FSR Forged 9.0:1 Pistons
APR main studs
ARP Head Stud Studs
Manley Turbo Tuff "I" Beam Connecting Rods
GSC Beehive Spring W/ Titanium Retainers
GSC Power Division S2 cams
OEM Aluminum Valve Cover

wasn't sure on the valves and getting the heads ported.

#15 ·
^ :+1: also acl bearing set, multi layer steel head gasket, or wiseco pistons/eagle rods

#26 ·
You turn the boost down for the winter or you just don't drive it hard?
Mmm i dont drive hard all the time. Now with an open dump its fucking annoying lol. Car used to see more boost before the change of my DP.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
How come it never sees more than 5-10psi all year? Thats what it sounds like your saying.

Why does the car have low compression then? Doesn't make sense.

Why not get a stock engine, and save yourself a ton of money if you never even get into boost?
It has low compression in one cylinder no all the cylenders. You dont make sensr :angrydomo: lol

We all have diferent ways to threat out cars dont you think?

#29 ·
Well let me tell you my young fellow! I f**** enjoy the power the performance on my Evo but on my own way. Builing a car/engine/aero is not just about doing WOT, tracking and driving like a maniac all the time.

I love having the power and a good looking Evo.... i builded on my own and enjoy how i treat it.

#31 ·
Only time I ever go WOT is at an autox/track and when I was getting tuned. Maybe once of twice ever on the highway. I don't want to risk damaging something for no purpose. I'd prefer to break something at a motorsport event lol.

Demon I have looked at the MAP short blocks a lot. Of course nothing has the reliability of stock, but from all the threads I have looked up, they have had great results. I would stick with the 2L though, just my preference. Of course depends on the turbo, results you're after. Either way i'm sure MAP would be a good choice, or SpeedCircuit. Not sure what's closer, but that would be my first pick. Easier for maintenance if/when something goes wrong.

#43 ·
I mean I could never imagine only going WOT on the track. I hardly drive like an idiot, but I enjoy doing a 2nd to 3rd gear pull or a highway pull every so often. Do I beat on the car, not at all. I don't consider going WOT beating on it. Beating on it is launching, drifting, FFS, etc.

Ironic though, for someone who only sees 10psi and never goes WOT to have poor compression in one of his cylinders. Then people who go WOT all the time have perfect compression.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.