Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

AGP Cast Twin Scroll Turbo Kit

214K views 2K replies 115 participants last post by  JaytheGreat 
#1 ·
I didn't know about this kit until yesterday since i don't spend much time on evom any more so i thought it was worth sharing over here since i haven't seen it mentioned yet.

Cast Twin Scroll Manifold
AGP 46mm external wastegate
SS Dump Tube Reroute
3" SS Downpipe
All oil and water lines and fittings
Silicone Couplers and Clamps

i had from a skittle before the evo and agp is a huge name over there so i pulled the trigger to get one of these kits. I went with a PT 6266. It should be here in about 2 weeks. fingers crossed i have the car back and the block broke in when it arrives.

i'll keep you all posted on how the install goes.

obligatory: just spreading info about a new kit that i haven't seen on here. agp didn't give me anything special to post

See less See more
#2 ·
Interesting, I knew when it was being prototyped a few months back, did not know they actually made it to production. So a cast exh manifold option in the market apart from AMS.

#6 ·
turbo location is same as stock frame, but no mention of this was ever made.

How much?
i can't say for 100% as i picked up one of the last preproduction kits; but way back in aug there was mention of ~$2900 with their twin ball bearing Zeta Turbo. with the t3 vband you have more options, go with a different journal bearing turbo and you are probably looking at $2500

i wanted to go bigger than the fp red that i currently have given that i'm going to be rocking a built long block any day now. This seemed like a good way to go t3.

#7 · (Edited)
Yeah, many of the fastest SRT-4's out there run AGP Turbo setups. They make great products.

eRabbit's SRT-4
Running a Zeta 3.2.
Drove it to the track!

My AGP kit is currently at the ceramic shop getting the full meal deal for coating. Then it's on it's way! :rock:
Ben gave me a price that I couldn't refuse.

I went with the ZETA 3.0 1.0 AR (Ball Bearing).

Hoping for a slightly better spool than a PT5858 with the same if not more top end, we shall see.

The Zeta's are both liquid and oil cooled, which is a plus.

#9 ·
Yeah, many of the fastest SRT-4's out there run AGP Turbo setups. They make great products.

eRabbit's SRT-4
Running a Zeta 3.2.
Drove it to the track!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggD7DK1ybLk

My AGP kit is currently at the ceramic shop getting the full meal deal for coating. Then it's on it's way! :rock:
Ben gave me a price that I couldn't refuse.

I went with the ZETA 3.0 1.0 AR (Ball Bearing).

Hoping for a slightly better spool than a PT5858 with the same if not more top end, we shall see.

The Zeta's are both liquid and oil cooled, which is a plus.
that is one serious skittle!
can't wait to see how the zeta performs though. i couldn't let go of my dsm influences and went with the PT

That is some serious heat in the one pic. I hope you have some heatshields or a turbo blanket...don't want to set the firewall on fire :)
i've had the stock mani glowing near the same after some very hard driving. i'm not 100% sure if they were stress testing or what the situation was at the time; i just stole it from their FB page since it looked cool =)

#11 ·
should get the car beck end of next week; 500 miles of break in so i am figuring i am about 2 maybe 3 weeks out on the install. it'll be tuned on 93 then 93 + meth. e85 will be a few weeks after that; i need to get a double pumper.

#18 ·

#25 ·
so how were the results?

#27 ·
3k for the whole kit? That's a steal. Doesn't look as sophisticated as the AMS design but I like the location of the WG for tuning access. Needs a heat shield or jacket.

Very very interesting.............

Where do you expect the Zeta to spool?

#28 ·
post 20 linked their kit on a stock everything x with their "smallest" zeta that made 500whp with full spool (31psi) at ~4250.
in comparison it is pretty much the same spool & power levels as what i was getting with all bolt ons when i was running an fp red. now that fp switched to all bb i would expect the red to spool a bit earlier than that but i did have more mods which may or may not effect the spool that i was seeing.

i'll be using a pt6266 cte so i will not be able to speak to the performance of a zeta directly but i know they have 9 other kits sold already. i am sure others will have picked it up as on option.

#30 ·
i know he was/is offering exceptional pricing for the first kits to get some out on the market. you're right, i got mine very cheap but i didn't want to post those prices and set expectations so i was quoting his earlier estimates.

#31 ·
It has been said twice already but heatshields will be a must! That much heat that close to the strut bar may be enough to set the paint on fire! I am not saying this kit is bad in any way, but put a blanket on that pretty wastegate! I have said it in another thread, engine fires are no fun! look at highboosts car for what an engine fire can do to a car!

#35 ·
it's a very functional design that i bookmarked for later reference. his angle is steep due to the tubular manifold. he'll get credit for the idea when i put something together, the kit needs to arrive 1st :thumbup:
edit: now i can stalk you on 2 forums

#37 · (Edited)
Full ceramic coating on everything plus the heat shields from MAP should work nicely with this kit. The waste gate on the AGP kit sits in pretty much the same location as the raised/elevated runners on the MAP tubular manifold. May need slight modifications.

#39 ·
Bumpy bump

Sent from my PG86100 using AutoGuide.com App

#42 ·
Cool looking forward to seeing some results.

~Kris

#43 ·
I can't wait to see the results. I'm about to order one

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.