Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

***Specialty-X Catback!***

75K views 603 replies 107 participants last post by  chopshop 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys! Pricing is set and we will be introducing our new SX catback to the Evo X community for sale. We are excited to offer you guys a great new option. We make no compromises and cut no corners.

Our catback is made from high quality (mandrel bent) T-304 Polished Stainless Steel and TIG welded to perfection. No ugly welds and smooth non-turbulent transitions at each flange. We wanted to keep the system as straight as possible while keeping the great looks of the dual tip\muffler setup. Coming out of the cat\test pipe is a 3" to 2.5" Y pipe. From there you have our dual setup mufflers to give the car a nice mean look from the back. Tips are round slash cut to match the angle of the rear bumper.

Our quality:

More pics of the catback:

Dyno Results:

Bone stock vs. SX Catback

Bone stock vs. SX Catback & SX Open Test Pipe

Video\Sound Clip:

Pricing:
Special Price of $999.00 + Shipping!!!!!!!!
Please PM for shipping prices. IN STOCK & READY To SHIP!
GO HERE TO BUY NOW!!:
http://www.specialtyx.com/catbacks.htm
No, we're not priced as low as other companies but we're not aiming at competing with a product that is not in the same class as ours. You get what you pay for. We all paid a good amount for our cars and it deserves a nice product. We bought our X MR a month ago and looked for a nice looking\sounding system. We couldn't find one that met our high level of standards.

If any of you guys have ANY questions please do not hesitate to ask!

Catbacks are being built as we speak and will ship out as early as next week!
First order first serve.

See less See more
1 10
#2 · (Edited)
Thats Really Nice

That looks incredible and sounds even better. I like the Y design. It looks alot like the AP exhaust, but much much cleaner. This is something I definitely would have ordered if I was not already getting my turboback from Perrin on Thursday. I am thinking people really need to pick up their game. The finish on this is as nice as the JDM stuff IMO. Whats the weight?

#5 ·
That looks incredible and sounds even better. I like the Y design. It looks alot like the AP exhaust, but much much cleaner. This is something I definitely would have ordered if I was not already getting my turboback from Perrin on Thursday. I am thinking people really need to pick up their game. The finish on this is as nice as the JDM stuff IMO. Whats the weight?
Stock Catback is 45lbs + the rear tow hook 5 lbs= 50lbs

Our catback is 34lbs, so its a 16lbs savings.

Thank you for the kind words!

#3 ·
Quality looks great....very informative video, great sound....Too bad I got the Buschur already....Nice job SpecialityX

#6 ·
Heard a bit of a drone between 2:50-3:10 of the video. Need more sound clips wothout the resonated and just the testpipe to see if it still there. Very nice looking CB great attention to detail. Actually best sounding at idle that I've heard since speed circuits!

#7 ·
so we are looking at roughly a 24 hp and 20 pound torque gain, with 16 lbs weight loss, and i think this is probably the best sounding so far, all the other aftermarket exhaust still sound stock with just a hint od deeper sound, is the SX Catback & SX Open Test Pipe your tbe setup?

#8 · (Edited)
So I'm assuming that is test pipe - resonated test pipe - hi flow cat

how much for the high flow cat? and you wouldn't have perhaps any sound clips with the HFC installed? or even of just the cat-back with stock cat?

And maybe hp + torque gains of just the cat-back with the stock cat still installed.

EDIT

Nevermind, just saw the other thread with all this info... my bad :)

#10 ·
damn i want this.

#13 ·
Wow.

Umm, welcome to Specialty-X because holy sh*t you just owned me. Seriously, that right there, is what a damn product launch post should be all about. Its got all the information we need, power curves, pictures of the components, and the whole thing installed as well as a great collection of video shoots.

Seriously, well done. Thank you for putting forth all that effort.
This is now #1 on my list. The fact you make a high flow metal cat is awesome.

*clap* *clap* *clap*

Just one question: Do you offer the tips in a brushed finish?

#16 ·
Nice welds! I want to hear the difference with a High Flow Cat inside/out like with your resonated pipe. Maybe it was just the recording, but there could be too much drone when on the highway at a constant speed...

What other tip options are in the works by the way?

#19 ·
The recording is exaggerating the drone abit. For those who want it really quiet we can put in a resonator in the Y-pipe along with the resonated test pipe.

We are looking at possible using a oval slash cut to mimic the factory look.
The carbon mufflers are being worked on as well.

#21 ·
A Dyno sheet is on the first page showing the gains made purely on the catback. We gained 9 HP peak and 17HP in other areas. Sound is nice and aggressive but still very reasonable in being quiet. I remember the Dyno operator saying it was quiet compared to others he's heard. I know you guys won't be dissapointed!

#30 ·
Damn that's a good looking Exhaust

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.