Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

2013 Ferrari 458 Horror crash at Suzuka

3K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  Highgain10 
#1 ·
#4 ·
http://jalopnik.com/you-have-to-see-this-unbelievable-ferrari-458-horror-504787269

They survived.

Ferrari 458s were racing at Suzuka when one of them was involved in a simply insane accident. The driver and a corner worker were injured, but should be ok. That's unreal, because this is one of the worst accidents I've ever seen.

This occurred in late April during the Ferrari racing days at the famed Suzuka circuit. Driver Shigeru Terajima was driving his yellow 458 when something went very wrong on the front straight. The car spears right after pit out, hitting the safety barrier. The car basically disintegrated.

Amazingly, Terajima and the nearby corner worker survived the crash. Terajima is in serious condition at the hospital, but it sounds like he'll pull through. The corner worker is also in the hospital, but he seems to be in better shape than Terajima. Unbelievable

#7 ·
#17 ·
That's what I was thinking!

IDK man those cars are designed to disintegrate like that upon impact. Notice how everything else is gone but the main body surrounding the driver is still in tact (for the most part).
Ever see Allan McNish's crash from LeMans? He literally walked away because engineering the car that way.

#16 ·
^^ i assume

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.