Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Dealer told me to get first oil change at 3000 miles??

9K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  sellout 
#1 ·
So I bought my 2011 gsr brand new back in december and am just passing 1000 miles. I was going to have the dealer do the first oil change however when I called to set it up the service man on the phone told me that since the evo is running synthetic it was too early to get an oil change. Should I listen to him or just go ahead and do the first oil change now??

#9 ·
:+1:

#7 ·
I change EVERY 3k Religiously. It CAN NOT HURT and it's 10 oil changes every 30k vs 6 oil changes every 30k.

at 100$ an oil change, over the course of over a year-- it's only an extra 400$ to protect your motor.

I also did a full fluid change at 7k to remove metal shavings and get Motul fluids into my transmission.

#8 ·
i got mine x last augest and let dealer change the first one since was free. i took it in dec with about 1800 mile, the first 3 k is usually the motor wearing in so i plan to change again about 3k and get every 3k from there. changing it at 1k woulnt hurt yea and like other mentioned you dont know how long that oil been sitting in there. just make sure you change it again around 3k.

i usually try to change at 3k mile of if less then 3k then i wont let oil sit in there more then 4 months.

#11 ·
I would change every 2,500 miles and that oil would come out extremely black. I didn't really drive aggressive other than to hammer down to pass on a two lane highway.

so yeah, change your oil, a lot.

#16 ·
I seriously think everyone overexaggerates on oil changes... I have changed my turbo'd vehicles every 5k and run oil viscosity test and they always come out good...

i think 3k is over doing it, all my miles are 5th gear cruising so I have no worries that something would fail due to me waiting 5k for oil...

#17 ·
:+1::iagree:

I just have to do it because if not I get voided ... which is starting to piss me off... i cant see myself holding on more that a year...

#21 ·
Every new vehicle I buy has been changed 1500 miles for first oil change. Then 3500 to 4000 miles for all the ones after. I've never blown a motor. I have seen friends blow motors though, first thing I ask is when was the last oil change? "Ummm? hmmmm? last year. " :eek:mg:

#24 ·
Wait a second all, are you guys using FULL Syn oil ? or half and half. if you are using full synthetic oil a 5000 mile oil change is perfectly fine.

My family owns several bmws those cars has a 15000 miles oil change program into the car. but i still change them at 10,000 miles and reset the oil change light.

I honestly dont think 3000 miles oil change is needed if you are running full synthetic, but if you got the cash then do as you wish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.