Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

*Official I Have a Wing Thread* (Wingless not allowed)

93K views 354 replies 99 participants last post by  davidswe 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I still sport my OE "high" spoiler (so no boring OE looking pic to post), but I'm all about keeping the wing!

#9 ·
Those big wings are growing on me!

that one looks really nice.

#13 ·
Aeromotions would be a better functional wing, but some may prefer the Voltex's 3d styling. I prefer the cleaner look of the Aeromotions, but that's all personal opinion. It's upgradable as well if you ever want to step it up another notch and go active. A bit cheaper then the Voltex if it's 2500$.

#12 ·
Everybody's gonna say Aeromotions so that's what'll probably win out. I like the APR as well.

#14 ·
2 years ago you could of gotten a brand new Voltex wing for $1600 shipped. Now because of inflation and the rising yen, they cost $2500 shipped. If I ever sell any of the Voltex wings or any JDM wings for that matter, I'll be making profit.

#17 ·
I do believe with the SSS wing you have to drill at least 1 more hole.

For the track, how do you balance the extra rear downforce from the wing? Doesn't it make the car much lighter in the front, particularly on high speed turns? Without something at the front to balance the extra rear downforce, isn't the car is going to get very understeery? Do you run a front splitter and/or canards to add front downforce?
Yea, you'll want a splitter to run with a wing or go with a mild angle of attack. I'll be throwing a splitter on when I get the car back, one of the hundreds of things I have to do to it.

#16 ·
For the track, how do you balance the extra rear downforce from the wing? Doesn't it make the car much lighter in the front, particularly on high speed turns? Without something at the front to balance the extra rear downforce, isn't the car is going to get very understeery? Do you run a front splitter and/or canards to add front downforce?

#21 ·
make sure it's as long as the under tray
Don't agree on that one... use the stock under tray and add the front splitter, don't extend it back, just be sure to support it as you mentioned in at least 4 areas (I think I'll end up with 6 supports, 4 of which come from the front two bolts on either side of the intercooler mesh).

Use 1/2" or equivalent (12mm) birch plywood.

#20 ·

#34 ·

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.