Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

UICP- Upper Intercooler pipe - $100.00 shipped

69K views 224 replies 31 participants last post by  Tim@Depo Racing 
#1 · (Edited)
DEPO RACING www.deporacing.us

2.5" OEM Grade Aluminum (2mm wall thickness) UICP, 4 ply silicone cou
pers, Wrinkle Black or Aluminum - $100.00 shipped Evo X members

OEM Grade (2mm) is 3 times thicker than what many other companies use, yet is still very light. There are to many posts of guys crushing the pipes with t-bolt clamps, If you crush the pipe you are reducing the flow of air and it defeats the whole purpose. Also I did not make the pipe that connects to the intercooler. There is nothing wrong with it, I would have just duplicated it anyway like all the others. I chose to keep costs down and focus on performance only.

Elbow Section add $60.00 or $65.00 if purchased seperately

T-bolts 2.00 each extra

Attachments

See less See more
#52 · (Edited)
Here's a graph of boost logs taken before and after installing Depo Racing's UICP and turbo inlet pipe.

I tried to control variables as close as possible. Logs were taken along the same stretch of road, same time of day, on back to back days. Recorded ambient temperature was 2 degrees warmer on day after installing Depo parts versus day running OEM.

Lavender colored graph represents OEM boost while dark purple represents Depo parts. Notice the slightly faster rate with which the turbo spools, and how much more consistently boost was maintained throughout the range in the Depo graph. Nice pieces. Thanks Tim!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.