Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Just put on Vortex things, regret?

4K views 37 replies 25 participants last post by  geebs 
#1 · (Edited)
i was deciding on the single panel or these. These looked better to me so i went with them. Kind of a pain to keep somewhat straight. The guide is basically paper so it was tough to do without someone else holding it. Should i just go with the panel? what do you guys think

and my next project...a heat shield for this mess

See less See more
#3 ·
Yea I remember that! haha not many X's so I remember every single one i see. I kept my nice rims on, probably not the best. Ill probably paint the stock ones for winter one of these days...

Any meets around these parts? Im planning on going to Winter X on march 16th.

#4 ·
Sorry, I don't really like the way those look at all. I didn't even know they made separate ones like that, but they remind me of something that was bought at AutoZone like stick on fender vents. At least they aren't chrome.

#9 ·
they are pretty much useless on the x so its basically only for looks

#10 ·
Not really digging it, but I'm not crazy about those anyways.
+1 on looking better white

#13 ·
If you are going to keep them I think they would look better color matched and idk I think the reason it looks weird is because of the angle you have them going across the roof. Instead of them going straight across, it almost looks as if they come to a very obtuse V.

So yeah color matching, bringing them slightly lower and redoing the fitment should make this look 10x better.

#25 ·
Looks better than the solid piece VGs to me, actually fits flush to the car doing it individually like that. I could see issues keeping the one piece VG taped down perfectly on all edges. But yes it would look better color matched.

#29 ·
#32 ·
At least you installed them in the right direction. It's debatable if the help or not. I have a VG on my car primarily for looks, but I do notice the rear window fogging up in the shape of the VG fins (whether or not that's what it did stock, I don't recall; it's been quite some time since I installed it).

#33 ·
okay all things taken into account...today Ill take them off, repaint, and put them on straight!

Paintmatch matter? i think plastidip and clearcoat will be fine. Will the carwash take that off? or Just auto paint?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.