Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

AMS IC lower hard pipe kit?

6K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  grimshaw 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm considering getting the AMS hardpipes for the IC but on their website it says that their lower kit only works with AMS intake system... Since Im considering getting HKS Reloaded Suction kit, this puts me at a worry! Would suck I get parts that are not compatible and wife is asking for more powah for her Evo X.

Anyone know where one could find which intakes have no probs with AMS lower pipes? Thnx!

#2 ·
Anyone know where one could find which intakes have no probs with AMS lower pipes? Thnx!
their lower kit only works with AMS intake system.
:)

But seriously, many intakes will work with their LICP, but I doubt many of the intake boxes do. You don't need their LICP, you can run stock no problem. It's the UICP that will do the most, if anything. Not to mention it's the UICP that you'd see anyways.

I've got a pretty sweet lookin engine bay and for aesthetics the AMS LICP is perfect for my taste, and their cold air intake is awesome... to me. It also sounds like it swallows animals and small children whole when I hit any sort of boost.

#4 · (Edited)
Get an AMS or Primo intake.

Also, bolt on a FP Green!

#6 ·
Female driver.... :p

#7 ·
Hehe analysis here even go as far as taking driver's sex into consideration - respect!

So by what has been said here, I presume HKS Reloaded Racing intake should be fine with AMS pipes, yes? (Its not a boxed intake so...)

#8 ·
Depends what it looks like or how it mounts, do you have an engine bay pic?

Also-- no disrespect! Gotta start slow. Cant jump from a stock evo to a race prepared FPRed rocking monster.

#10 ·
This. The AMS is high quality.

#11 ·
There won't be a mega-jump, I just want to get it to 360-380hp from stock 295hp without removing cats nor making it louder than stock (and from what I hear it should also improve mpg). Its wife's car (and primary family vehicle) after all and so should stay silent and reliable (and its an SST).

My thinking was to get a new intake, hard-pipes for IC (upper and lower), cat-back exhaust and re-map and see if that is enough for the goal hp and torque.

Choice of components will at the end come down to availability, performance and price but I also want to avoid making some pricey mistake and get stuck with something which doesn't work with something else - not that many Evo X's here in Croatia so one can't sell stuff easily.

#13 ·
Go with the AMS. It fits, it works, and will do you well. With a testpipe back exhaust I make 320/320 on a dyno dynamics. If youre after 360/360 on a DD, get the green, remap and keep the torque where you want it.

That way your boost won't fall off, an you'll hit your target numbers. It's one thing to hit your target number, it's another to have it hold strong the entire time your foot is on the floor.

#15 ·
You guys can stop harrasing now lol.

Primo intake will work but first you might need to do some cutting and adjusments, and you cant drive the car w/o getting a Tune bcuz your MAF needs to be re-scale.

I made mine work Primo+AMS LICP w. TIAL bov

Intake is very loud, I love it :dancebanana:

:shades:

yeah hate me Bits lol

Attachments

#16 ·
I like the Primo. I want one.

Cutting? What did you have to cut?

JD, looks like a Rainbow threw up in your engine bay.

#18 ·
JD text me I need some halp with my washers.

#20 ·
Cool stuff, this helps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.