Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Fuel pump relay???

3K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  NukeRJ 
#1 ·
hey guys i have a 2011 evo x gsr, i am just wondering how often is this fuel pump relay issue? how common is it? and is it completely necessary to change it? i have bolt on mods only right now btw

#13 ·
I'm on the same boat as you op and I asked at the dealer and
they told me and physically showed me on their computer how the 2010s had a recall on a bunch of relays but the 2011 don't and he said that was because mitsubishi replaced the old
relays with new ones! So he said that even when the 2011 evos have black relays they are totally different than on the older evos! so i don't know what to do now lol anyone help?

#14 ·
i was told the same at my dealership. i havent noticed any problems with mine still running black ones,

are the issue related to getting tuned?

changing the fuel trims could cause issue with relays imo.

#18 ·
I see some are saying "I/you should/would probably change them".

Just to be clear, you must change them.

If your dealer is saying that then I would say what's $30.00 to invest in some peace of mind??? How many times have you dealt/talked to the dealership and they have ended up being morons, honestly? Nobody cares about your car except for you. Stop being cheap and stop asking if you should change them, just do it.

End thread.

#20 ·
You guys are all nuts.

Mitsu sourced a new vendor for the relays, they are black but not the same part -

If you look up the actual part no it is different from 2008 and 2010

I'll have to dig it up and take a pic of the old ones. If you have a 2011 or newer, mitsu "fixed" the issue. Just like they "fixed" the diff pin issue. So its your choice to replace them, if you do, send me the new black ones, I'll take them off your hands since there is nothing wrong with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.