Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Aux input?

35K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  spp 
#1 ·
I know there are threads about adding inputs and if you have the sss package etc etc but I was just curious what this input was on the bottom edge of my mmcs screen... I don't have an input and I tried this but it doesn't work so what is it?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
It's not your standard AUX Input. It's solely for the MMCS update procedure.

I know, it sucks that they didn't add AUX Input standard :/

#5 ·
Yea keep in mind you should have a USB Input in your glove box. Upper Middle-Left with a cap. The interface sucks (usability wise) but it's still a clean audio feed vs Bluetooth.

#7 ·
#10 ·
It's there, hard to find though if you don't know it's there. You can't see it just by opening the glove box. It's on ceiling of the glove box, you'll have to feel around, but there is a cap over it you gotta take off.

If you have that center console upgrade thingy they remove the aux input from there and you don't get one. I had it on my 2010 GSR SSS but don't have it on my 2012 MR-T since it has the center console upgrade.

#12 ·
It probably started with 2011s but I guess my post wasn't that clear. My 2010 GSR SSS had the aux jacks down in cubby in front of the shifter. I think 2011+ can have a center console cubby area upgrade that makes it into two compartments, each with a door. In my 2012 MR-T the only way to connect a phone/media player to the car is with the USB port.

With the upgraded center console there's actually a spot that is covered by a plastic blank behind the top most door. I guess they sell an optional part to add the aux jacks back in the spot that is covered by the cap. What i did with mine was route my USB plug in the glove box to where that plastic cap is. The cap comes off pretty easy with a flat head screw driver. Had to take the headunit out to get it routed to that spot. Then I just put the plastic cap over the wire to keep it from falling back into the abyss.

#13 ·
There's a box that should be empty in the top drawer. The one above the cig lighter. You should be able to buy the AUX Input box and install and wire it through there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.