Weird/Awkward Donald Trump Moment? - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Community > The Stig's Domain
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Stig's Domain For all of the Top Gear lovers in the house.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:54 AM   #1
BlackXero
Just Spooling Up

Weird/Awkward Donald Trump Moment?

If you saw the most recent episode of the US Top Gear, the guys deliver three supercars to "The Trump" for him to choose from. In the boardroom scene one of the guys makes a comment about Tanner being a "lonely race car driver" who doesn't have any passengers to carry. I know the show is quite scripted, but Donald fired back a comment that I found awkward. He asked if Tanner would be carrying a girlfriend or a boyfriend in the Porsche, implying that Tanner might be . I've never found Donald Trump to be particularly funny, nor Top Gear America for that matter, but this line just seemed really irrelevant and out of place. It wasn't funny and didn't really add anything to the scene. It looked pretty awkward and Donald even looked a bit uncomfortable after saying it. It seemed kind of uncharacteristic for him. Did anyone else catch that? What did you think?
BlackXero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
killemall
Just Spooling Up

Watched it last night, started late so I turned it on and there was some old lady getting in a lambo.....WTF. Anyways the board room and even the first meeting outside was so staged. But I think that boyfriend/girlfriend joke was added in there for more comedy. A comment like that would probably not come from "THE DONALD". Anyways he picked the wrong car anyways, IMO would have taken the porsche but different strokes for different folks.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:15 PM   #3
BlackXero
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by killemall View Post
Watched it last night, started late so I turned it on and there was some old lady getting in a lambo.....WTF. Anyways the board room and even the first meeting outside was so staged. But I think that boyfriend/girlfriend joke was added in there for more comedy. A comment like that would probably not come from "THE DONALD". Anyways he picked the wrong car anyways, IMO would have taken the porsche but different strokes for different folks.
I would have taken the Porsche too.

Yeah, the comment just threw me for a loop. It wasn't really funny... just seemed awkward and out of place. Distasteful even.

And the old lady bit was yet ANOTHER idea they stole from the UK show.
BlackXero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2012, 01:48 PM   #4
killemall
Just Spooling Up

^^^^
Never watched that UK episode but I figured it had been done before. Like the video on YouTube of the guy letting his mom drive his ZR1. The US version of the show is usually hit or miss
Old 03-15-2012, 01:54 PM   #5
newcomer81
Forum Lackey

i tried and tried to give US top gear a fair chance but this is the episode that did it. removed from the dvr queue to never return.

BakaUnchi tune in progress

newcomer81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2012, 02:31 PM   #6
killemall
Just Spooling Up

Lol I hear you like I said hit or miss, obviously more miss for you. I will continue to watch it just to laugh
Old 03-18-2012, 10:05 PM   #7
ak47m203
Dr. Evo?

Well Donald on the back of his mind.....WTH is this line....so lame.
ak47m203 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement