Ralliart transformation into Evo X? - Page 4 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > '09+ Lancer Ralliart > '09+ Ralliart News
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

'09+ Ralliart News Official news on the '08+ Ralliart to be posted here.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:43 PM   #31
pounder
Banned

I havnt read anything conclusive on the difference of internals obetween both cars. Different spark plugs same injectors. Dunno about cams pistons rods etc tho. Hopefully I.don't have to see mine on a table anytime soon.
pounder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2012, 06:48 PM   #32
Ttsumibishi
[Detailing Moderator]
[Local Team Mod]
[Bone Closet Mod]

Yeah, once BitsuMishi's motor is apart at Kaizen Tuning I'll see if we can clean up the stock parts and do a comparison. Mine will be under the knife as well so a direct side by side should be possible. Best we can do is say if they "look" different via visual evidence. Of course one of his rods is going to look a lot different than one of my rods.. oopsies
Ttsumibishi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2012, 06:11 AM   #33
sstevojr
X-phile

The engine and all internal components are identical (crank, pistons, cams, etc). Spark plugs are a different heat range, due to less power.
Also RA exhaust is 2.38", X exhaust is 2.78".

Last edited by sstevojr; 03-27-2012 at 06:15 AM.
sstevojr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2012, 01:37 PM   #34
pounder
Banned

That's what I figures just hadn't read anything concrete.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:03 PM   #35
aaguilar34
Just Spooling Up

nice, so i think we are in the road to same engine lol.. well guys i like to announce that i picked my evo x turbo and intercooler for my rallyart last night. only has 5000km it looks amazing and really clean and new lol. so pounder this is where i really need help lol.. so i know i have to get the evox swap kit from map right. and then i have to get the o2 housing, is the o2 housing lol and down pipe the same? and test pipe with cat. do i have to change o2 sensors? how about injectors or fuel pump? and finally lol i need to get a manifold for the turbo, should i get a stock one or aftermarket.. one more thing, when i instal all this can i drive it to be tune? or will it be a bit dangerous to drive with all this mods without tune,
aaguilar34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2012, 03:27 PM   #36
pounder
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaguilar34 View Post
nice, so i think we are in the road to same engine lol.. well guys i like to announce that i picked my evo x turbo and intercooler for my rallyart last night. only has 5000km it looks amazing and really clean and new lol. so pounder this is where i really need help lol.. so i know i have to get the evox swap kit from map right. and then i have to get the o2 housing, is the o2 housing lol and down pipe the same? and test pipe with cat. do i have to change o2 sensors? how about injectors or fuel pump? and finally lol i need to get a manifold for the turbo, should i get a stock one or aftermarket.. one more thing, when i instal all this can i drive it to be tune? or will it be a bit dangerous to drive with all this mods without tune,
You have much reading to do my friend. Don't just take my word for it. There are threads in the ralliart section on what parts you need. I don't know anyone who has used the map kit. Yes you need an exhaust manifold for the x turbo that supports dual scroll. No you don't need a new fuel pump or injectors for x swap. Yes you need oem evo x plugs as they are different. Some exhaust bends differ from the evo to the ralliart so you have to research which way you want to go. Test pipe downpipe will be done but axle back is for sure different. You will for sure need a new tune as soon as all of this stuff installed.

Again... there are lots of good readings on this website and others regarding this swap. Time to grab a chair and coffee and do some research bud.

Glad you found a good turbo... You should see if he still has his manifold you can have or if he.kept.it.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #37
navy8385
[Off Topic Moderator]
[Ralliart Moderator]
[Local Team Member]

if i had peanut butter in my gas tank would that clog it cause the fuel pump is different than the evo?

New Boo: 2014 WW EVO X

navy8385 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #38
aaguilar34
Just Spooling Up

yeah they kept the manifold. i really want it lol.. i have already done the cb system, is the o2 sensor housing same as the down pipe? just wondering.. so i can use the fuel pump and injectors on my ra with this mod then? now if i instal this parts is it safe to drive for tuning
aaguilar34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2012, 11:46 PM   #39
pepsi_merch
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by navy8385 View Post
if i had peanut butter in my gas tank would that clog it cause the fuel pump is different than the evo?
fail....
Old 04-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #40
orange09ralliart
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsi_merch View Post
fail....
I'm seeing a lot of your posts and you seem to have a pretty negative attitude towards everyone on here. Hell, even some threads were locked up or deleted because of the way you post towards others. One of those people that's a big man behind your computer screen...stay classy fella!
orange09ralliart is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement