Ohlins..understeer. Ideas? - Page 3 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Racing > Auto-X
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Auto-X Discussion for autocross techniques, events and results.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:19 AM   #21
HPEVOX
X-phile

Though you meant rake lol. I took msmrnts prior to install, I need to measure again to see about the rake. Honestly looks about "even" front and rear. I know front was originally higher...so may have something to do with it.

And yes springs are 10kf/7kr, but I installed opposite, so I have 10k in rear and 7k in front. Per GTWorx.
SM #25

GO: Inj intake, ETS 4" IC/UICP/LICP/CBE/HFC, FullRace manifold, MAP EF2, O2 elim DP, ID1000's, Walbro 255, Cobb AP ProTune, Grimmspeed 3-port, SC heat shield, Ohlins DFV (570/650), Whiteline RCK/RSB/end links, Jacks Tranny, ACT HD 6 puck sprung, Magnus CMC, AMS shifter bushings/SS lines, Ferodo DS2500, Girodisc 1pc slotted rotors, 265 RS3's/Gram Lights 57D's, RPF1s/275 Hoosiers
HPEVOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2012, 03:42 PM   #22
Robevo
[Rally Driving Madman]

If looks even that probabaly because your front is still higher.
The evo has a wierd rake look if you know what i mean.
I am using a higher rear. For many reasons. We are very limited by modifications so as tire type and size. Max. 245.wide. ( my ralli tires are 225's, that is the widest you can buy)
and max18 inch wheels. So we need to find different approach and set ups for rally. Although end of the day we are not so much behind street or track cars terms in cornering. (Based on race results)

So you might want to try the higher rear position vs the front one.

Just to see how it will work out for you.

Ted Theodore, CCR-SCCA Board of Director
Quote: " People under estimate Rob and that Evo. They are in for a surprise. 5th fastest car last year... but all his runs were in the wet Saturday while all else ran Sunday on the dry."

Last edited by Robevo; 04-01-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Robevo is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2012, 06:36 PM   #23
HPEVOX
X-phile

I have an autox Saturday, so I will see how I do with this setup and if it still pushes with diff driver inputs i may give that a shot.
SM #25

GO: Inj intake, ETS 4" IC/UICP/LICP/CBE/HFC, FullRace manifold, MAP EF2, O2 elim DP, ID1000's, Walbro 255, Cobb AP ProTune, Grimmspeed 3-port, SC heat shield, Ohlins DFV (570/650), Whiteline RCK/RSB/end links, Jacks Tranny, ACT HD 6 puck sprung, Magnus CMC, AMS shifter bushings/SS lines, Ferodo DS2500, Girodisc 1pc slotted rotors, 265 RS3's/Gram Lights 57D's, RPF1s/275 Hoosiers
Old 04-01-2012, 07:15 PM   #24
flipdsm
Just Spooling Up

Have you installed the Whiteline RCA kit? I had that kit installed with my coilovers and my understeer is completely gone unless I purposely make the car understeer.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #25
Robevo
[Rally Driving Madman]

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPEVOX View Post
I have an autox Saturday, so I will see how I do with this setup and if it still pushes with diff driver inputs i may give that a shot.
also it is a great but very much over looked upgrade is in the car is the ACD ECU flash. It does helps in turning - accelerating - braking.
Just make sure you get your flash from the REAL race tuner. NO drag and so guys. Also just because someone tuned countless cars doesnt mean he has a knowledge about how to do wright the good ACD ECU map. That is need a lots of test and tune on racing environment, not on the dyno. If you know what i try to implant here.
Good thing the ACD ECU can be mailed in. Specially if you are running a stock or close to the RS diff set up. The variables are much less then an engine tune or build set up.

Ted Theodore, CCR-SCCA Board of Director
Quote: " People under estimate Rob and that Evo. They are in for a surprise. 5th fastest car last year... but all his runs were in the wet Saturday while all else ran Sunday on the dry."

Last edited by Robevo; 04-01-2012 at 09:45 PM.
Robevo is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 01:33 AM   #26
HPEVOX
X-phile

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipdsm View Post
Have you installed the Whiteline RCA kit? I had that kit installed with my coilovers and my understeer is completely gone unless I purposely make the car understeer.
I have not. Wasn't sure about this, got mixed answers, so didin't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robevo View Post
also it is a great but very much over looked upgrade is in the car is the ACD ECU flash. It does helps in turning - accelerating - braking.
Just make sure you get your flash from the REAL race tuner. NO drag and so guys. Also just because someone tuned countless cars doesnt mean he has a knowledge about how to do wright the good ACD ECU map. That is need a lots of test and tune on racing environment, not on the dyno. If you know what i try to implant here.
Good thing the ACD ECU can be mailed in. Specially if you are running a stock or close to the RS diff set up. The variables are much less then an engine tune or build set up.

Head in the dirt, but never heard of this lol. I understand what you're talking about though. Hmmm. Have to look up some stuff on this.
SM #25

Old 05-16-2012, 04:07 PM   #27
sanbaifo

Did you get it sorted?
sanbaifo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2012, 10:49 PM   #28
HPEVOX
X-phile

Yes i did. I rotated my worn tires from the front to the rear and set the suspension medium stiffness front and 2 clicks stiffer in the rear. It did great. Of course a lot is driver input, so i think i picked up on a few things to help rotate a little. I placed 3rd in SM instead of last haha so that much faster this time. Sorry for the late reply btw and also I have another event tomorrow. I'll try to get some good videos and get you guys some links on here
SM #25

Old 05-20-2012, 11:32 PM   #29
Subi.convert
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robevo View Post

Who tunes the evo X ACD? I can't find anyone who will do an X.
Subi.convert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2012, 01:51 AM   #30
HPEVOX
X-phile

Ok so I did even better this event. got 2nd in SM woohoo :go dance: lol I really have to say the main thing is that i rotated the more worn tires to the rear though, it comes around nicely when i make it. I'm thinking the rear star specs are about done for. Anybody have any suggestions for other good autox tires?? I was looking at michelin pilot super sports maybe...
2nd place video!

SM #25

Sponsored Links
Advertisement