Evo X Tail of the Dragon Meet - Page 18 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Community > Meets, Shows, & Events
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Meets, Shows, & Events Discuss and organize meets, shows, and major events here.

Old 04-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #171
kelvar13
Forum Addict

Yeah I'm definitely eager to get out west and hit some proper curvy roads. Especially with this warmer weather the wait has been building up.

As for plans for a schedule we may want to start outlining what all you want to do together. As we talked about before I think Saturday would be a good time to get together to meet and get a group shot at fontana dam. Time wise I'm leaning towards 10-11am time frame. This way we can meet and greet for an hour or so and then have a big cruise somewhere for lunch. I know personally I'm planning on driving the cherohalla skyway at least once during the weekend so if there is interest we could set a time and place to meetup for that as well. It would also be cool if we could have a campfire/smore's night at fontana if they will allow a large gathering like that. I need to do more research into what space they have available for something like that. Any other suggestions/plans are welcome to be shared or offered up. Keep in mind the reason i'm going over this now is because cell reception sucks in the mountains lol. I'm not sure how well communications are going to be so having a few things that are set to a date/time will help coordinating things.
kelvar13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2012, 10:20 PM   #172
Demi
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvar13 View Post
Yeah I'm definitely eager to get out west and hit some proper curvy roads. Especially with this warmer weather the wait has been building up.

As for plans for a schedule we may want to start outlining what all you want to do together. As we talked about before I think Saturday would be a good time to get together to meet and get a group shot at fontana dam. Time wise I'm leaning towards 10-11am time frame. This way we can meet and greet for an hour or so and then have a big cruise somewhere for lunch. I know personally I'm planning on driving the cherohalla skyway at least once during the weekend so if there is interest we could set a time and place to meetup for that as well. It would also be cool if we could have a campfire/smore's night at fontana if they will allow a large gathering like that. I need to do more research into what space they have available for something like that. Any other suggestions/plans are welcome to be shared or offered up. Keep in mind the reason i'm going over this now is because cell reception sucks in the mountains lol. I'm not sure how well communications are going to be so having a few things that are set to a date/time will help coordinating things.
Just one. Beer. I think im gonna try to get there friday.
Newbie thread: http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69576 READ IT.
Build thread:
http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63832

87.4% <- real time feed.
Demi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 11:02 PM   #173
kelvar13
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi View Post
Just one. Beer. I think im gonna try to get there friday.
Oh there will be beer. Just make sure you bring it into the county with you.lol.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:55 PM   #174
Demi
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvar13 View Post
Oh there will be beer. Just make sure you bring it into the county with you.lol.
Lol I grew up 20 minutes from where we will be. I got us covered.
Build thread:

87.4% <- real time feed.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #175
kelvar13
Forum Addict

haha forgot you grew up so close. I was suprised my first trip when I found out it was a dry county. I still am shocked they exist. God bless the bible belt lol.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:55 PM   #176
Demi
Forum Lackey

Yup, dry county with a wet seat.... which until I moved out, I didnt realize was not only unusual but really really stupid.
Build thread:

87.4% <- real time feed.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:24 PM   #177
kelvar13
Forum Addict

so nobody in the maybe column getting closer to making it out? Trust me its worth the drive to make it to this trip. Not only do you get to know forum members better its a weekend full of great driving. You'll also get a new appreciation for the evo and its handling capabilities. I don't care if you track the car the dragon is a different feel entirely! back to back turns and scenic roads with mountains, lakes, indian villages, etc.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:39 PM   #178
Demi
Forum Lackey

Ive figured out the route we shoul- NAY must take from SoGa to the dragon.
http://g.co/maps/8fr96

I hear ya "Damnit Demi that adds like 30 minutes to the trip! You're still drunk from breakfast arent you?!" Well.....maybe.....maybe. But allow me to retort to that slanderous hypothetical allegation.

I drove this yesterday to get up to visit family. If it makes me grin in a 1987 Bronco II then we are in business. Some of the most fun road Ive ever been on and some of the most gorgeous. Used to drive out that way to go rafting and shit and I had forgotten about it till just now.

ALSO! The tail gets pretty backed up and looses it fun when too many folks get on it. If that happens, I have an equally beautiful and challenging road very few out of towners know about only 10 minutes away. 14 miles of awesomeness. I need everyone to kinda figure out where on this route we are gonna meet up. Shawn, Corso and myseld are starting in Valdosta and I figure we can just scoop up each dude on the way. Maybe each person just copy the picture and put a star on where they are at so we can get a game plan together?
Build thread:

87.4% <- real time feed.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:11 AM   #179
shawnburch
Evil Member

^^ I might have a passenger. Depends on his 750r that might not be done. Haha

Sent from my iPhone
2010 WW SE #231
Tuned by Mike @ PRS
285hp/320tq Mustang Dyno

97 Renault Megane
shawnburch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2012, 12:20 AM   #180
Demi
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnburch View Post
^^ I might have a passenger. Depends on his 750r that might not be done. Haha

Sent from my iPhone
Dont even joke about that. If I have to sit shotgun in a two pedal evo through the dragon Im gonna poo myself out of spite. You know though I would like to see how that tranny does on the curvy bits, I bet it will keep up with me and my shitty shifting even with the power difference. Lol.
Build thread:

87.4% <- real time feed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement