EvoScan 2.9 - Page 3 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Tuning > ECUFlash / OpenECU
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

ECUFlash / OpenECU Subforum for discussion about ECUFlash / OpenECU software and tuning.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:31 PM   #21
chetrickerman
[E-Tuner]

I will just pull the fuse, lol.

If I don't use a program on my computer, then I get rid of it. I don't even have solitaire anymore.
chetrickerman is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2012, 12:33 AM   #22
turbo x gsr
Just Spooling Up

I also had it give me a bogus code BUT it did clear it.Just dont know what it was, P00A3 ??
420 whp 404 tq / FP GREEN /18 psi actuator and porting upgrade for turbo/Cobb 3 inch turbo inlet/AMS transmission gate selector bushings/AMS clutch lines , master cylinder reinforcement ring and under hood shifter bushings/Southbend kevlar race clutch/ 3 port /FIC 1100's / Rex Speed dp / Magnaflow quiet cat back / 3 inch racing cat / Walboro 255 / K&N drop in / Perrin rear sway, endlinks / swift spec-r's /18x10 +15 offset Wedsports SA-55M's/ 285-35-18 R-S3/ shep trans and center diff upgrades/
turbo x gsr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2012, 02:57 AM   #23
Golden
[Gearhead]

I don't reset the fuel trims. It puts the ECU in a funky state. In this funky state, it will use idle trims for cruise range or cruise trims for idle range (because it doesn't know what the trims should be yet). This funky state takes much longer for the trims to settle than just leaving the trims alone and letting the settle on their own.

And here is my example why it really doesn't matter if you reset trims. Lets say the current trims are maxed (worse case scenario) +12.0. For simplicity reasons, assume that the trims will level out at -5% after we flash the ECU. The STFT will change to -12.0 pretty dang fast and the LTFT will adjust whenever they get around to it. If your trims were at 0, the STFT would be averaging -5 and you still have to wait for the LTFT to get around to moving. Either way it takes the same amount of time to level out.

Now add in the "funky state", and you will see why I don't reset fuel trims. The Cobb AP resets fuel trims every time you flash. It drives me nuts, because I have to wait longer for those stupid trims to level. And customers don't like hearing, "you need to go drive around some more cause your trims are still 0."

Sorry for the off topic-ish post. But it is probably helpful for some.
Need a Definition for the X? Golden's Definition Database
PM me for Tuning info. (Any rom, including undefined roms.)

Last edited by Golden; 04-05-2012 at 02:59 AM.
Golden is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2012, 03:49 AM   #24
richardh
[Gearhead]

When you see EvoScan 2.10 add a new ECU option, Exit Funky State, you'll know who to credit...

Rich
richardh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 01:19 AM   #25
Beeble
Forum Lackey

I'm waiting for the live tooning / autotrim option. let it idle for 15mins, then cruise for 15 mins, and some magic algorithm fixes it all up for you and you get on with your day

It probably already exists in a sense .... but I'm not sure chaining Tephra and his laptop to your passenger seat is acceptable under international law. Possibly if the driver was an incredibly hot chick he'd be ok with it

Beeble is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 02:21 AM   #26
Kooldino
Dino
[Administrator]
[Approved Merchant]
[Local Team Member]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeble View Post
I'm waiting for the live tooning / autotrim option. let it idle for 15mins, then cruise for 15 mins, and some magic algorithm fixes it all up for you and you get on with your day
I wish. Proper scaling takes me days of driving around in circles.

Like us on facebook - http://www.facebook.com/speedcircuit
Kooldino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 03:24 AM   #27
Golden
[Gearhead]

I make my customers do their own driving around in circles. Dino, your neighbors must think it's odd that you drive home a different Evo every other night.
Need a Definition for the X? Golden's Definition Database
PM me for Tuning info. (Any rom, including undefined roms.)
Golden is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 03:42 AM   #28
Kooldino
Dino
[Administrator]
[Approved Merchant]
[Local Team Member]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden View Post
I make my customers do their own driving around in circles. Dino, your neighbors must think it's odd that you drive home a different Evo every other night.
Luckily most of my neighbors are trees, but yeah, it confuses the hell out of people.

"How many times you gonna paint that thing?".

Although last week, people were confusing fishstix's car for mine. Same color, same trunk. Loud, fast...I get it.

Like us on facebook - http://www.facebook.com/speedcircuit
Kooldino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 02:50 PM   #29
Murlo26
Dr. Evo?

So we still waiting for this to be remedied? My virtual machine crashed a few nights ago so I tried installing this on win7 and got the same problem everyone is seeing, some weird 003A code or whatever. It was a P0300 that popped up while cruising.

Took me like 30 mins to clear as I was having so many damn issues with my laptop and virtual machines. Finally had to use a different virtual machine as for some reason v2.8 doesn't work in win7 on my computer.

I did reset my fuel trims from v2.9 when I loaded clipses MAP and my car didn't like it at all. The car couldn't idle at all. So I flashed back to my other tuners MAP, same shit. Took a long time for the car to relearn idle. So I can see where Golden is coming from, might be a good idea.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:51 PM   #30
bobby.is.rad

I'll chime in and say that I also saw bogus DTC codes with 2.9 that showed up correctly in 2.8. The EvoScan guys frequent the forums, so I'm not sure why this hasn't been fixed yet.
bobby.is.rad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement