Lowering Car & Warranty - Page 3 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > '08+ Lancer Common > '08+ Lancer Wheels, Suspension, & Brakes
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

'08+ Lancer Wheels, Suspension, & Brakes Discussion for wheels, tires, brakes, and suspension related topics that are common among all 08+ Lancers.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:26 PM   #21
EvoRN
Just Spooling Up

This is the respond i got from Puente Hill Dealer.

"unfortuneatly, it is not a clear answer regarding vehicle modifications.

any modifications that increase horsepower/torque or may adversly affect the vehicle would be possible grounds for causing denial of warranty coverage.

lowering the vehicle could affect the angle of the drive axles which could possibly damage the diferential.
it is a "case by case" issue that has to be determined at the time of any failure covered by the manufacturer's warranty.

the final decision regarding warranty coverage, when there is an issue of cause, lies with the manufacturer's representative.

the warranty covers defects in materials and/or workmanship, it does not cover failures caused by outside influence, as the various manufacturer's statements usually say.

the dealership itself cannot make a statement as to what may or may not be covered when any changes or modifications have been made to the vehicle ..."
EvoRN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2011, 10:56 PM   #22
bigstakk
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoRN View Post
You go there often?

Yup -they have done most of my mods and are pretty informative if you give them a call and talk it over with them.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:50 PM   #23
kge0003
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoRN View Post
This is the respond i got from Puente Hill Dealer.
Who did you talk to? Norma? She's always pretty helpful; But the used car salesman guy they call a Service Advisor isn't. Also helps to talk with their tech Bill. Good guy.

It seriously IS case by case though. The dealer doesn't even know what will happen. When I asked about an intake setup, they said typically (not conclusively) an intake is fine, but they usually have a huge problem with an UICP. Go figure, right? Anyone's guess, at any dealer, is as good as mine.
Tomei Titanium UICP
WEDS SA55m 18x10 +18
Michelin Pilot Super Sport 265/35-18
Ohlins R&T DFV Coilovers
Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust w/ CF Tips
5150 Tuned
Old 11-16-2011, 04:09 AM   #24
bigstakk
Forum Lackey

^My dealer had zero problems with UICPs and installed mine too...
Old 11-16-2011, 08:14 PM   #25
clusaf
n00b

The dealer will tell you that your warranty would only void whatever part you change but this is not true. As mentioned by others, if you change ANYTHING, they will put a spin on it to make it seem as though your mods caused the damage. Best bet is to hold off on any mods until your warranty is up or unless you have the $$$ to cover any major repairs if necessary.
clusaf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2011, 09:25 PM   #26
kge0003
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by clusaf View Post
The dealer will tell you that your warranty would only void whatever part you change but this is not true. As mentioned by others, if you change ANYTHING, they will put a spin on it to make it seem as though your mods caused the damage. Best bet is to hold off on any mods until your warranty is up or unless you have the $$$ to cover any major repairs if necessary.
/thread
Tomei Titanium UICP
WEDS SA55m 18x10 +18
Michelin Pilot Super Sport 265/35-18
Ohlins R&T DFV Coilovers
Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust w/ CF Tips
5150 Tuned
Old 11-22-2011, 04:44 PM   #27
trick3d
Forum Addict

Big man in parts at Huntington beach mitsu told me that aftermarket calipers would void the entire car. Which is actually incorrect but sounds to me that any dealer will try and blame any failure on any mods and deny coverage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFonts View Post
Nagua's Mouth. It's open all the time.
trick3d is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2011, 10:41 PM   #28
BesTint

you need to find a MOD friendly dealership. i know nissan guys have Duarte Nissan, Performance Nissan, Fontana Nissan who supplies and install aftermarket parts and dont frown or blame stuff on aftermarket parts when things go wrong. I've seen ROBIspec EVOS in front of Huntington Beach Mitsubishi so i would assume they are okay. Call a local tuner shop and see what they have to say. If i were you, i'd call Cobb Tuning and see what they say. They have a pretty good relationship with Mitsubishi.
BesTint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2012, 08:08 AM   #29
import_racing
n00b

What warranties are you talking about. Haha we don't have warranties once we drive the car off their lot. Mitsubishi are known for that. =D

But on the other hand, I'm pretty sure it just depends on the dealership.
import_racing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2012, 09:33 PM   #30
trick3d
Forum Addict

I'm pretty sure you have special needs and should not be bumping such an old thread with useless information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFonts View Post
Nagua's Mouth. It's open all the time.
trick3d is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement