Stig Cockpit view GTR - Page 2 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Community > The Stig's Domain
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

The Stig's Domain For all of the Top Gear lovers in the house.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #11
ak47m203
Dr. Evo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayden2 View Post
That's true im just saying that time could have been much quicker if he wasn't so violence t with it haha
I know you can do better. This is UK weather and he was just warming up the tires. They will not run only once.

looks clean to me. jump to 7:45

Last edited by ak47m203; 04-08-2012 at 10:10 PM.
ak47m203 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2012, 06:44 AM   #12
KickAss
[X Performance Mod]
[Racing Mod]
[Local Team Member]

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
Only the Stig can turn an understeer into an oversteer.
If I may share a little bit of what I know.....

Most of the oversteer situations actually start as understeer. People notice understeer and hit the brakes causing the front end to suddenly get grip and the back end to loose grip simultaneously thus turning into oversteer.

Even if you meant controlled understeer to controlled oversteer, it would still be inaccurate since there are many drivers that can actually do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morricus View Post
HA!! Yeah Orthojoe, quit being a vag in your safe, relatively practical cars...come back to us, come dance with the devil again....
KickAss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2012, 03:36 PM   #13
X-Factor
Forum Lackey

I *sit* corrected.

~AEM~ETS~GSC~Kelford~Moore Automotive~Perrin~Pierburg~Rally Armor~Synapse~

12.178@111.89
X-Factor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2012, 06:44 AM   #14
ak47m203
Dr. Evo?

Tiff Needel used to do that.....Understeer with a snap of oversteer. Tiff can drift the Automatic transmission.

Last edited by ak47m203; 04-11-2012 at 06:47 AM.
ak47m203 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #15
Cayden2
Just Spooling Up

Well if he is warming up the tires that's one thing...and that car is a cow I can see how they'd need massive understeer to induce snap throttle overseer. Then again, I thought this car is half.autobot and controls itself half the time
Cayden2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2012, 04:36 AM   #16
Zoomie
Just Spooling Up

And to be clear, screeching tires doesn't mean you're past the limit of grip. At the limit of grip the tires will screech. Having seen the Stig post some pretty amazing times on that test track, I'd think long and hard before giving a critique of his technique.

At the end of the day he's trying for ONE fast lap just like qualifying. I just finished reading his book and he talks a lot about his mentality during those lapping sessions. Basically Ben Collins will do whatever it takes to have a fast lap, period. If it requires driving like a madman he'll do it.

2010 WW Flappy Paddle - MR Touring
ETS Intake/3.5"IC/DP/TP/V2quiet
EnglishRacing Tune (250->332whp/240->304wtq on dynojet)
Zoomie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #17
Zoomie
Just Spooling Up

We know who the Stig was. Whenever the Stig outs himself they replace him. He doesn't get paid as much as the big 3 so the man in the Simpson Bandit usually spends a few seasons and then takes a book deal.

2010 WW Flappy Paddle - MR Touring
ETS Intake/3.5"IC/DP/TP/V2quiet
EnglishRacing Tune (250->332whp/240->304wtq on dynojet)
Zoomie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2013, 10:53 PM   #18
Joeyrukkus
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomie View Post
And to be clear, screeching tires doesn't mean you're past the limit of grip. At the limit of grip the tires will screech. Having seen the Stig post some pretty amazing times on that test track, I'd think long and hard before giving a critique of his technique.

At the end of the day he's trying for ONE fast lap just like qualifying. I just finished reading his book and he talks a lot about his mentality during those lapping sessions. Basically Ben Collins will do whatever it takes to have a fast lap, period. If it requires driving like a madman he'll do it.
I would also consider that driving so many different platforms around different tracks, he would spent a few laps taking it past the limits so he would know where they were so on the final run there isn't a split second missed if he could have taken a turn faster.
You probably have the fastest closet in all of Pa lol
Joeyrukkus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2013, 05:31 AM   #19
ozren
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayden2 View Post
Well if he is warming up the tires that's one thing...and that car is a cow I can see how they'd need massive understeer to induce snap throttle overseer. Then again, I thought this car is half.autobot and controls itself half the time
Its autobot in the eyes of those who don't get to its limits, which most don't, as the limit is insanely far away. Furthermore very few drive it with TC fully off, most don't go further than R-mode.
  • SSP SST 500hp clutches & Viton seals
  • SSP SST tranny cooler
  • HKS elbow/downpipe, Russ Fellows zorst with GT-R tips + HKS heat shields
  • Tune by turbolimac
  • DBA T3 4000 discs, Carbotech XP10 brake pads, Hel SS brake lines
  • Tons of carbon
  • Bunch of Ralliart stuff
  • Custom steering wheel and alcantara bits
ozren is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement