Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

quick evo 8 question

11K views 136 replies 31 participants last post by  redbirds2230 
#1 ·
im have a 2012 ralliart only 10000k. It has underground lights and 3 jl kicker subs. Thats all ive done for uprades.

I found a 2008 evo at a dealership with 76000k on it. Cobb tuned, turbo back exhaust, and a bigger turbo. the evo is 34000$

If i trade for the evo whats everyones thoughts. Thanx guys

and sorry i meant 2008 evo in thread itle its an evo x not 8

#40 ·
I run two tens because they work best with the music i listen to.. Tiesto, crystal castles, armin vann buuren etc. And the 12 is there to pick up the left overs the tens leave behind. If you dont like how it looks thats fine. But trust me...they are amazing to listen to

#58 ·
and whats wrong with two diff kinds my amp is perfect for the two thats why i paid 1600 for everything including install
The frequency response from differing sized subs cause cancellation issues due to the difference in mass being moved in the same environment without a proper crossover setup. (ie sounds like balls. I know it sounds good to you, but....no) Sometimes this can be beneficial. Say maybe a 4 or 5 way system where an 8 is used for mid range punch and 12 is used for 32hz (or lower depending on enclosure) through 90-110hz frequency response. This can be a great setup as anytime you divide the workload of a speaker, especially a sub due to the long strokes of the lower spectrum, you increase the efficiency and clarity. You have to differing subs of similar size, so you get none of the benefits and all of the drawbacks. The person installing your subs clearly either A. Is a fucking retard and doesnt know his ass from a hole in the ground. (this is also evident considering a box that size housing one sub in a proper ported enclosure, would have been twice as loud and had a much deeper frequency response, and require less amperage to run, thus saving you money and getting you more) or B. Knows that you dont know your ass from a hole in the ground and had a chance to unload some shit onto you and laughed about it with his coworkers when you left. (shitty but it happens). Thats whats wrong with that. If you post up some specs I can help you out with a box design for one of the subs and you can sell the others and pocket the scratch. Seriously, as much as it may not seem that way 49% of the time Im here to help and would be glad to lend a hand.

and i dont appreciate coming to a forum for sincere help and getting bashed for it. I would think a place where people own cars between 30-50k would be a little more respectable
You didn't get bashed for your question, you got bashed for your unbelievable mods. They are so laughable people think your are trolling. I figure people coming to a forum for 30-50k would be less caviler about their mods. You like it? Fucking do whatever you like. But don't expect to wear a tutu to highschool gym class and not get picked on. This is a great forum and you shouldn't judge it poorly because we jumped your shit over poor decisions. You should know its the best because we don't let stupid shit go unquestioned. When you're about to do something really dumb that can hurt the longevity of your car, you will be glad we don't have an "anything you like is great" attitude.

#42 ·
In a sealed enclosure, it is unnecessary and looks dumb. Difference between 10's n 12's are "slightly" different, but not enough to justify doing this. Now if you were in a SUV and were talkin about 12's and 15's, then yea that would be a noticeable difference in sound to justify it. If anything, you could have had a set of 8" subs installed inside the car somewhere for some good mid bass and a set of 12's in the trunk to finish it off. That would have made more sense.

#44 ·
uhhhh, okay so i'm not gonna lie when i was 15 i put a neon bar in my car... its a phase everyone has to go through guys... give em time to work through it. You know... its like that time the guy got his face tattooed as a cat... its a phase everyone has to work through it.

#49 · (Edited)
From all of us, I apologize, a little. We all as a group are fairly childish, in regards to the threads we see pop up with Evo's and huge heavy audio systems and get really touchy about almost any trend that can be found in a Fast and the Furious movie. Lights, NOS, air-ride or hydraulic set ups, concepts of dancing girls around our cars like the car is some mobile party, or anything that might be related to a tv commercial with dancing hampsters.

I want to believe it's because most of us work our asses off just to keep the Evo as a top performer and are often attacked with the above mentioned concepts from every, single, person, we come across at work, parking lots, schools, etc. Trying to break the concept of just filling up on E85 is most times not even worth going into detail with "non car people".

There is also a large factor of us just calling out someone that does show a car with <Insert Fast and Furious Mods>. We are jerks about it, because in most cases the owner is really just being immature and clueless, and we are over-abrasive because it's the internet.

Ultimately, as covered very early in this thread, it sounds like a bad deal for that Evo. You are much better off just upgrading your RA, as they are under-appreciated for the performance they have. There's a lot you can do to really enjoy one. We do welcome you to stay on the X forums, and highly suggest parting with the mods you've done, and considering a quality intake, exhaust, tune and some suspension and wheels. We [all of us, I'm sure] can agree you'll really find a hidden love for your RA even more by ditching the weight, and (possibly illegal) lighting mods.

#54 ·
If he is then he's put in work because those pictures of that horribly shitty riced out RA don't show up in any of the first several hundred results in google.

OP you got your answer from several people in the first 2-3 pages and then you posted your rice-job and got flamed for it. This isn't a honda forum what did you expect? The reasons people are talking shit to you are because:

1. You deserve it with the way you're talking and acting.
  2. You're crazy if you think buying a modded car with 76,000km on it for that price is a good idea. MSRP is ~$46,000 +/-$2,000.
  3. You KEEP RESPONDING with worse comments.
  4. It's terrible form to buy a high-performance car and put cheap ass Walmart mods on it.
  5. Your choice of subs makes little to no sense.
  6. Demi's gonna Demi.
  7. I'm posting your post in here http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23250
  8. You deserve it.

#57 · (Edited)
This was the other thread OP started:

So my tranny just blew up and i got it fixed under warrenty. only 10000km on the car. so barely broken in. Ae the ralliart trannies weak or may this have just been a faulty one from manufacturer. I just want to know because if its from my driving style ill have to change so i dont blow another tranny.

I dont drive overly hard ive only done like four burnouts on dry pavement and many in winter on ice. I tap the red line occasionally, but i thought these cars could take mild abuse like that. Any input guys?
You blew your tranny up at 10,000km. I don't whether to troll you or just be impressed. Although you are right it was probably faulty to begin with.

#64 ·
For a stock '08 evo with that many miles you should be paying mid-high 20s. That price is way too high, don't do it. If you want one keep your eyes open and you can find one for less than 30k on kijiji, look in alberta and you should be able to find one.

#73 ·
1016 honestly we have all taken shit on here, im telling you 90% of the comments you get will be said in jest. Now i recommend that you stick around because there is a wealth of knowledge on here, you will have to weed through the B.S tho. I Wouldn't give up tho.

#75 ·
I said the same thing, and Chaz Demi'd me :confused2:

rofl :ghey:

#90 ·
Yup, you go to Japan, get paid way more than I currently make, and you teach English at the high school level.

#89 ·
Well, technically he doesn't have to have one after the coordinating conjunction because it's a balanced sentence. A comma before the conjunction is correct, but you can get away without it. Only if one of the independent clauses was much longer, thus unbalancing the sentence (or if one of the clauses had lots of other grammatical stuff in it). However, if you ever question it, a comma before the conjunction will always be considered correct.

Thus, I was referencing the comma that should be before "hey."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.