Gravel Road = FUN, FUN = damage :/ - Page 2 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X General
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X General General discussion on the 2008+ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Old 02-25-2013, 05:37 PM   #11
candymanjl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombers Nemesis View Post
Yeah! Dip it then whip it!

New catch phrase? I think so.

...You're welcome.
lol, nice

Anyone got pictures of a clear plastidipped car? Is it really clear or matte clear?
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 05:42 PM   #12
r34p3rex
[Local Team Member]

Here's a matte clear one: http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79122

You can add glossifier, but it wont be as glossy as normal gloss paint.
agp. fmic ams. cmc kit asnu. 1150cc injectors competition. stage 4 clutch | flywheel dw. dw300 enkei. pf01 evo 18x9.5 +22 sbk isc. n1 coilovers perrin. 3-port synapse. synchronic dv tomei. ti exhaust | ti test pipe

sakura. intake | licp | licp | exhaust manifold | downpipe precision. pte 5858 cea v-band turbo tial. mv-r wastegate

E85 ARMY\\\
Instagram: pandapwr

r34p3rex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 06:26 PM   #13
wicked_evo11
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanEvo2012 View Post
Yesterday was going on a gravel road for the first time in Evo. Decided to see what this car is made for Switched to gravel mode - gave it some gas and immediately the car went sideways - FUN! Tried a few turns sideways and damn this thing is easy to drive - it just is as controllable on gravel as it is on tarmac...

Now the bad part - my rear BBS stock wheels are all chipped from gravel that flew all over the car from my WOT side passes :/ Also, there is a number of scratches on the rear doors and fenders... not cool. Nothing that wasn't worth the fun, but honestly if I will keep doing this, my car will look like a beat up POS in a few runs...

So question, do mudflaps actually work? Is there any other way of protecting the paint and rear wheels?
mudflaps will help out a lot. i highly recommend them. i have mudflaps, i go on gravel quite a bit and luckily still no paint chips. theres only one chip on the lower driver side rear door from a stupid salt truck

as for the BBS, the paint on them suck. i had them acid dipped because i powdercoated them black. the people who did that for me said the rims from the factory are powdercoated but are very shitty. it chipped immediatly when i dropped a socket on it. the new powdercoat has gone through some abuse and no chips at all.
you can always try plastidipping the rims a few coats for protection.

for you paintjob, i say get those fixed and then 3m clear bra over it. again, plastidip will work too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombers Nemesis View Post
Yeah! Dip it then whip it!

New catch phrase? I think so.

...You're welcome.
thats what she said
wicked_evo11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 06:40 PM   #14
4-D
Forum Addict

Buy lots of painters tape lol.

(2.2L 750xp MR w/ Accusump OS. by PRS Motorsports):

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=109226

Sponsored by DSGPerformance.com
R.I.P. Dan Weldon #77
4-D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 07:01 PM   #15
candymanjl

Quote:
Originally Posted by r34p3rex View Post
Here's a matte clear one: http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79122

You can add glossifier, but it wont be as glossy as normal gloss paint.
Hummm, actually like the matte after all, ha ha. The DipYourCar.com place is only 10 minutes from me, might have to swing by and see what it would cost. Even if I just run it for a little while to save the paint or for road trips.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:13 PM   #16
wicked_evo11
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by candymanjl View Post
Hummm, actually like the matte after all, ha ha. The DipYourCar.com place is only 10 minutes from me, might have to swing by and see what it would cost. Even if I just run it for a little while to save the paint or for road trips.
only 10 minutes away? you lucky bastard, i now also hate you lol.
wicked_evo11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 08:19 PM   #17
r34p3rex
[Local Team Member]

Quote:
Wow only 10 min? That's freaking awesome.. they're definitely one of the best shops around to do it at.. afterall, they are the ones that started this whole plastidip your car craze
agp. fmic ams. cmc kit asnu. 1150cc injectors competition. stage 4 clutch | flywheel dw. dw300 enkei. pf01 evo 18x9.5 +22 sbk isc. n1 coilovers perrin. 3-port synapse. synchronic dv tomei. ti exhaust | ti test pipe

sakura. intake | licp | licp | exhaust manifold | downpipe precision. pte 5858 cea v-band turbo tial. mv-r wastegate

E85 ARMY\\\
Instagram: pandapwr

r34p3rex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 08:36 PM   #18
vilesyntax
X-phile

Quote:
They're down the street from me! Let me know if you go get dipped by them.. I'll come check it out
-GrimmSpeed Electronic Boost Control Solenoid 3-Port
-ETS Intake,
Recirculated O2 Eliminator Downpipe, Test Pipe, V2 Exhaust
-Tuned by Dirk @ AWD Motorsports - 362/375
vilesyntax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 08:52 PM   #19
candymanjl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked_evo11 View Post
only 10 minutes away? you lucky bastard, i now also hate you lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by r34p3rex View Post
Wow only 10 min? That's freaking awesome.. they're definitely one of the best shops around to do it at.. afterall, they are the ones that started this whole plastidip your car craze
lol, lots of dipped cars around here. My buddy spotted a lime green Evo X the other day, pretty sure it was dipped too. Lots of dipped GTR's, Porsches, Lambos, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilesyntax View Post
They're down the street from me! Let me know if you go get dipped by them.. I'll come check it out
Ha ha, I'm a DIY kinda guy. If I did go this route I would get their kit and spray the car myself in the ol' garage
Old 02-26-2013, 09:04 PM   #20
CanEvo2012
Forum Lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg1130 View Post
mudflaps do work. Is it 100% protection though? no

but you should definitely run them if you are going to fly down gravel roads. And it's an evo, that experience you had on the gravel road will stick with you for life, where-as you'll forget and not car about chips on the bbs wheels.

Get mudflaps, and then continue to actually drive the car and appreciate it for what it can do. Very few people ever in their lives could get the opportunity to enjoy the fun that is that.
Agree with that. I had the car for a bit more then half a year now and I am still learning how to drive it... and I bet will be learning for a while...

The more I do, the more it surprises me. Not a single day have I regretted buying an evo...

Clear plasti-dip - let it be it!
CanEvo2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement