HOWTO: Enable Readiness for OBDII inspection after removing your o2 sensor - Page 8 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Tuning > ECUFlash / OpenECU
Home Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

ECUFlash / OpenECU Subforum for discussion about ECUFlash / OpenECU software and tuning.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:45 PM   #71
SiliconTek
Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny08GSR View Post
MIX UP IN TERMINOLOGY.

For a "NOT SUPPORTED" test what should the test result show?

Pass or Fail.
It won't show anything but "N/A".

Let me see if I can find the printout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.
SiliconTek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2011, 07:48 PM   #72
SiliconTek
Forum Addict

This is what the statuses look like when doing the readiness fix per the instructions.

Quote:
Old 12-28-2011, 01:41 AM   #73
Danny08GSR
n00b

Okay, I fail my inspection today. ALL test showed not ready. Here is what I did....

I copied the patched from the first post in this thread into the xml for my ROM ID (52680017).

I then went in ECU Flash and began to edit the tables with the proper values. When I change A1BD in part 1 all values for "Available/Not Available" change to "0". Shouldnt this change them all to "1"?

I then change the remain values, and when I enter 60FF for A0BD in the Monitor Completion patch all the values for the "Pass/Fail" table turn to "1" Pass.

So here is my question, is it possible that the xml code on the first patch is wrong? If I enter the 60FF into the A1BD cell for Part 1 then all values for the "Available/Not Available" show "1" like i think it should.

Please if someone could help.....this has been driving me insane!
Danny08GSR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2011, 01:45 AM   #74
SiliconTek
Forum Addict

Quote:
Okay, I fail my inspection today. ALL test showed not ready. Here is what I did....

I copied the patched from the first post in this thread into the xml for my ROM ID (52680017).

I then went in ECU Flash and began to edit the tables with the proper values. When I change A1BD in part 1 all values for "Available/Not Available" change to "0". Shouldnt this change them all to "1"?

I then change the remain values, and when I enter 60FF for A0BD in the Monitor Completion patch all the values for the "Pass/Fail" table turn to "1" Pass.

So here is my question, is it possible that the xml code on the first patch is wrong? If I enter the 60FF into the A1BD cell for Part 1 then all values for the "Available/Not Available" show "1" like i think it should.

Please if someone could help.....this has been driving me insane!
Just follow the directions exactly and you will pass. Stop worrying about disabling too much! It isn't that hard! If you have addresses that are not aligning stop though and ask the OP.

Quote:
Old 12-28-2011, 01:58 AM   #75
Danny08GSR
n00b

This is my first attemp at any sort of patch or ecu altering of any kind. So bare with me, sorry for my ignorance.

I feel I have follow the directions EXACTLY. What do you mean by addresses not aligning?

Thanks for your help and patients...
Old 12-28-2011, 05:41 PM   #76
Danny08GSR
n00b

What if I use 61FF for the first part of the patch instead of 6100?

That sets everything to 1, available. Wouldn't that be better?
Old 12-28-2011, 07:11 PM   #77
SiliconTek
Forum Addict

Quote:
What if I use 61FF for the first part of the patch instead of 6100?

That sets everything to 1, available. Wouldn't that be better?
Anytime you see, for instance, A0BD->60FF, you need to ensure your starting value is A0BD in this example. Then change it to the 60FF, don't experiment.

Changing an address that doesn't line up with what you had initially can result in your car not going varoom anymore.

Here is what mine looks like. You do not need to touch the other 2 tables.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OBD Readiness.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	27356  

Quote:
Old 12-29-2011, 03:50 PM   #78
Danny08GSR
n00b

I finally passed emission! Thanks for the information. I was doing it right the whole time, I just misread what I thought should happen. I was thinking both tables should be all 1's.

Now that I understand, can I get picky? Is it possible to pick and chose whice test are supported and which pass so it would appear as stock?
Old 03-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #79
fostytou
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooldino View Post
Doesn't it need to show "ready" to pass inspection?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPRimNT View Post
Awesome, thanks goofy. So those other tables are just for "confirming" the changes, you don't have to make them directly to the table.

Yes and no. EGR should show N/A, everything else should be ready, IIRC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden View Post
This part is correct:

This part is wrong! Leave these bits alone. They are just there to show you that you did the patch correct.

If you applied the first set correctly, then Monitor Passed will be all 1's, and Monitor Available will be all 0's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden View Post
Ok, here's the deal. I just went digging into the ROM and I looked at these definitions.

The first one "A1BD->6100"... the 00 part forces your "Monitor Available(1)/Not Available(0)" to all 0's.

And

The one "A0BD->60FF"... the FF part forces your "Monitor Passed(1)/Failed(0)" to all 1's.

The reason is that the addresses overlap.

So you definitely did something wrong when you set those 2 values.

When you enter in the value 6100, you have to type "0x6100" otherwise it will think you are entering a binary number instead of a hexadecimal number.

To recap:
If you set the values correctly, then it is IMPOSSIBLE to get anything other than:
"Monitor Available(1)/Not Available(0)" equal to all 0's
"Monitor Passed(1)/Failed(0)" equal to all 1's
Quote:
Originally Posted by LagginTimes View Post
I just flashed my ECU with these changes. I hooked up my ElmScan5 and opened up OBDWiz to check the before and after states of sensor availability and readiness. This is what I found (top image is before, bottom image is after):

Is this correct? Or did I screw something up somehow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiliconTek View Post
Just follow the directions exactly and you will pass. Stop worrying about disabling too much! It isn't that hard! If you have addresses that are not aligning stop though and ask the OP.

Re-quoting through all of this.

Note the disclaimer from the original CT9A patch:
Quote:
Disclaimer: This patch is for educational and testing purposes only, and not meant for use on public roads. Be aware that applying this patch on a vehicle that is intended to be inspected by the DMV could be illegal and/or arouse suspicision, especially since this patch can allow you to set the heated catalyst, secondary air monitor or a/c moniter to available/pass even though the car doesn't have it.

In IL you will "Pass" with nearly everything showing as "not supported". Doing the mod as described shows
Comprehensive component: Ready
Engine Misfire: Ready
catalytic converter eff: Not supported
Evaporative Control: Not supported
Heated Oxygen sensor: Not supported
Secondary Air System: Not supported
Fuel System Performance: Ready
AC Refrigerant: Not supported
EGR Flow: Not supported
Heated Catalyst: Not supported
Oxygen Sensor: Not supported

Just because you pass does not mean something is not very out of the ordinary. The person at your testing station may look at you strangely, and I assume there is a possibility that they could report someething if you were doing this for a car inteded to be used on the road.

We have to remember that Acamus is not in the US, and may not have the ability to test this or be familiar with how the test works (even though he is a great Dev!).

Basing some assumptions off the CT9A patch where you set patch part 1 (does not affect available / passed values) patch part 2 (does affect available / passed values) and patch (just) (first value does affect available / passed values, second does not) I would think we need to keep some of what is being changed with the first couple of hex values, and still keep the correct set of available / passed values. You can do this one of 2 ways... do the first portions of the patch, then copy your original rom's values back into the available and passed tables -OR- since I've done that already, use my values for the patch on 526800xxx (obviously making sure the originals match if you have not done the mod yet).

My values:
A1BD->6100: 0x61BD
CF94->7000: 0x7000 (correct already)

01E2->7000: 0x7000 (correct already)

A0BD->60FF: 0x60BD
877A->7000: 0x7000 (correct already)

Can someone with a checker in the US please try to do the above settings and check to see if the tests show as passed immediately after setting? That way we will know it is the patch and not driving around for a while.

Obviously, IANAL and you may brick your ECU (though I think it flashed fine on my 52680022). I'll see if I can get a hold of Acamus to confirm the correct setting.
fostytou is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2012, 09:31 PM   #80
Natek
X-phile

Is this thread for if you remove your rear sensor or for if it is disabled from your tune?
Natek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement