Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Joeys WW GSR SpeedCircuit 2.2l build

43K views 516 replies 74 participants last post by  joey 
#1 · (Edited)
Its been a long time coming. I've been wanting to do a build since forever. Dino accepted my application and just in time too. I've had some issues with my car but nothing would have been as bad as the window I was about to install into my block. But either way, speedcircuit has got my back. Enough of the talk, here is a list of mods that I will have:

Performance:
SpeedCircuit 2.2l overbore
BB FP Red w/18psi WGA
Cosworth MX1 cams
ETS VTA downpipe
ATP test pipe
Tomei Expreme Titanium catback
Speedcircuit 3.5" intake
Speedcircuit UICP
Speedcircuit P&P stock exhaust manifold
Agency Power BOV
Speedcircuit P&P head
GSC dual valve springs

Fueling:
Walboro 255 FP
FIC 1100cc injectors
Speedcircuit FPR kit
EvoD surgetank kit

Cooling:
AGP 3.5" FMIC

Drivetrain:
Jacks built trans and center diff upgrade
Jacks built rear diff
Exedy twin disc HD clutch
Magnus CMC upgrade kit with Evo 8/9 MC

Tuning:
Cobb access port

Suspension and wheels:
AMR 10/12k coilovers
Hotchkis front and rear sway bars
Rota grid 18x9.5+18 DD
Rays gram lights 18x9.5+22 track
Hawk racing pads

Exterior:
CF OEM style hood
CF side skirt extensions
CF DL Syle trunk
CF rear diffuser
CF grill cover
CF canards
CF fender vents
CF fog deletes
APR CF GTC-300
APR CF front splitter
Perrin shorty antenna
Custom front tow hook
Custom projector headlamps

Monitoring/Tuning tools:
Cobb Accessport tuner
Defi white racer boost gauge
Innovate LC-1 wideband gauge
Depot Racing oil pressure gauge

See less See more
#39 ·
Tranny and turbo came in. I have tomorrow off still be installing the rear diff and getting everything ready to go. Ordered a case of amsoil also. It's getting to be crunch time

#41 ·
It will probably be at least 7 months before you get to see it. I'm deploying soon but imgoing to try to make it to the last few events if I can

#51 ·
No real updates yet. maybe soon I will have something for you guys. Its hard to get anything done when this far away from home. Just wanted to keep this thread alive.

Been really thinking about buying a turbo kit but I kind of want to hold off till I have my fun with the BB red. Im sure I will get tired of it though and will want more power.

#55 ·
lol. I was thinking of something around a 3586 or something close. Not sure. Ill see what kind of feedback I get on some of these other turbo builds.

#59 ·
Yeah why wouldn't you use the BB FP Red - great power, but not too much, and reasonable spool, especially with more displacement? I think if I build I'm going to go 2.2L or maybe 2.4 on the BB FP Red. Would be SICK for auto X :D

#60 ·
Thats what I am hoping for. I know I will enjoy it. But Ill be wanting more power before I know it. That should be a ways down the road though. Probably like 2014 or something

#64 ·
I'm in like, very nice ride!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.