Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

PB Evo with hood, roof, and trunk plasti dipped?

2K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Malves85 
#1 ·
someone set a box on my hood and dragged it off and managed to scratch it pretty bad. so then i was thinking hey how would it look if i plasti dipped the roof hood and trunk flat black. yes i know that my car is a shiny black. but would you think look good, worth trying to see what it will look like? i am considering it pretty hugely.. and wont make my decesion off what you guys tell me what to do.. i was just thinking of what others may think??

#5 ·
I wouldn't. See if you can get a good detailer to buff it out. If not, repaint/carbon fiber.

#7 ·
I was actually considering the same thing with my hood after this winter. I know it gets pretty warm in the summer and after driving for awhile...anybody know if that would effect the plastip on the hood?

#8 ·
Thanks everyone.
I thinking will be attempting this. And will upload pics when complete.. hopefully it all works out. Also to add I want to make a different look. So maybe it will look good. If not I will be going for a full detail.

#9 ·
I don't think this is going to look good. Matte black and gloss black together will just make your car look unfinished.

#10 ·
^ true

#12 ·
nah that is to original.. i like that blue that jeremy did his gtr. now if i were to dip it all it would be that color. with the hood roof and trunk black. thanks tho

#19 ·
So the top of the car is going to be dull and the sides shiny. I say do it and post up plenty of pics close up and from far away. I'm curious how this will look. If it looks like shit then it will be easy enough to either peel off what you did or keep going and plastidip the whole car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.