Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Anyone change out their brake pads yet?

9K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  MicMcKee 
#1 ·
Just curious if anyone has found pads to fit an X yet? I've read you can use older Evo Pads with a slight modification to just the rears...it would be nice to hear from someone on this board who's actually done that OR if in fact some vendors have the X specific pads in stock

I'm looking to go to a set of Axis Ultimate Ceramics. I've used them in the past and I love them. Not quite as dusty as the stock X pads, insane stopping power and quiet to boot. Personally I think the stock pads are barely adequate and junk if pushed

#6 ·
well that's interesting and crazy:wtfsign:. I'd really like to know how to 'tune' my brakes for new pads. Hopefully the Evo computer performance nerds:bowlol: are working on this.

I have to have them. There is no question. The stock pads are average at best and worthless on the track which makes this a must upgrade...new pads that is. I'm not interested in a BBK just better grabbing pads accompanied by some superior fluid

#7 ·
and some cross drilled rotors.

#9 ·
Well be coming out with slotted 2pc direct replacements for EVO X soon. Directional vane (not like the MR Brembo 2pc with pillar vanes) so cooling will be great at high speeds and track events. We currently have a set of our Magic street pads on the front of our test EVO X and they work great. Better initial bite then stock, and far less dust. Doesn’t seem to mess up any brake systems but these pads aren't much more aggressive then stock. We will be putting a set of rear EVO 9 magic pads with our pad adaptors and doing some tests. I think it will be a good setup for street that will not require any tuning.

Girodisc

#11 ·
OK full answer the fronts are a direct replacement.
the rears require the "GIRODISK" spacer and then are a DIRECT replacement.
You can "piss off" the SAYC by getting pads with too high of a differance in friction coeffecient front to rear with the front sloowing the rotation down faster than the rear and the SAWC kicking in to "balance" the percieved problem. Otherwise only the TIRE limits how fast the car slows down (and the SAWC works intuitively with the total available traction).

Hope this helps!

Robi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.