Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

2010 Resale Value?

5K views 29 replies 20 participants last post by  Optiblue 
#1 ·
How much money do you guys think I could get If i was to put my car back to stock? Its a 2010 WW Evo X SSS with 2,500 miles.

Ps: I might be parting out my car. =(

#2 ·
aawww man what happen? your WW is clean as hell and you have a good set-up too. i really can't gauge the resale value of the 2010 but i wouldn't think it would depreciate that much w/ 2,500 miles on it

hope everything works out

#4 ·
You are gonna take a hit for sure but being that it seems the next gen of our cars will be hybrid maybe our cars will hold value as the last gas powered EVO.

Dibs on the AMS downpipe if its the widemouth and on the ETS catback too.

#9 ·
I have a side company that I might need to close so. I dont think I will be able to afforde the evo. The only way I can kepp iut is if I go into my trust fund but $34,000 Is a big hit lol

#7 ·
always assume you loose 20% value instantly when you drive your car off the new car dealers lot.

#10 ·
If you do I want that short shifter off you. You can pm me a price if you deside to part out.

#14 ·
Hahaha thanks bro

#12 · (Edited)
it really depends if u are selling it to carmax, dealers or selling it privately. i think 30k is a fair selling value to a dealer, and 32k privately. there are a few 08s around for 25-28, i recommend just sell it to the dealer to avoid losing more money.

Then part out and sell your parts. Sadly you are looking about losing 20%+ of what you paid in this economy.

good luck.hope everything works for you.

the longer you wait.. the less you will sell it for.

#17 ·
If you do part out can you sell me your Short throw?

#18 ·
Ok the car is being parted out as we speak. I will post up all the parts I'm selling by Friday.

#21 ·
Tell me about it!

#20 ·
yea that does suck but u gotta take care of business i am sure you will get a bigger return in the long run, good luck to you

#22 ·
Yeah I hope so. Thanks

#25 · (Edited)
I'm assuming this is a secondary car for you, otherwise you are still going to end up trading $600 a month worth of car for something around $200 a month for anything considered reliable. Also I'm assuming you are leaving the cams installed on an otherwise stock car? Or are you going through the labor to swap back to stock there too? Good luck with everything, I know I would pick up a part time job to cover the extra $5-6k a year but I know that isn't always possible.

#26 ·
Yeah this wa a secondary car for me I have a jeep rubicon as a DD. Yeah I'm paying for labor on the cams but I got a very good deal for putting the whole car back to stock. I can't get a parttime due to being in the Air Force. Honestley I could pay for the car but I have other things I have to pay for too. If I was to keep the car I would have very little money left at the end of the month.

#27 ·
sad sad day. well you shouldnt have to hard of a time selling this.. i would try private sale for a lil bit since its WW. gluck and hopefully your situation will get better and you can pick up another X in the near future

#28 ·
#29 ·
When I bought my 08 GSR, I was going to trade in my 08 G37 with about the same milage as you. I was going to have to take a 11K hit on the G37 at that time. I kept the car instead. Man sorry to here about this but if you figure a 11K hit on a 41K G, I would say the hit on the Evo will be just as bad if not worst.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.