Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

RICE????

5K views 44 replies 25 participants last post by  AaronK 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Yes. They light up and they're shiny and pointless. They're not super rice, but they're ricey.

#3 ·
if they were made in japan, LVS would be all over that :D

Nice but...........RICE

#6 ·
I agree. Not crazy rice, but has rice qualities. Keep in mind, this is one of those mods that is cheap to buy, but not cheap (or easy) to install. The listing advises "hard wire needed" so this also becomes very permanent. They will need to find, and correctly splice, your interior connection for you dome light and stuff. Up to you, but I personally recommend you not do it.

#7 ·
Maybe borderline rice but not bad at all. Its a scuff plate so its not visible to the whole world and you only see it when you open the door. I agree with Kge that I wouldnt hook up the wires. If its lights up then that puts it over the border to rice plus since you have to hard wire it it will be a pain to remove if you decide against it one day. It looks perfectly fine not lit up so I would cut the wires and leave it at that.

#18 ·
I like them, and there is nothing wrong with rice as long as you hang with ricers. Only the snobby EVO owners will snub you, the HONDA boys will open their arms to you. Just kidding.
hahahaha

#11 ·
i see what they are... IMO they arnt rice. Maybe people are just saying they are rice since they are on eBay and are pretty cheap. Is it ricey that I want a full interior illumination kit? IDC i like it. if you like it then buy it, fuck everyone else.

#12 ·
if they didnt just light up...mayb ill get it...jux maybe tho lol

#16 ·
Lots of expensive cars have light up scuff plates, I don't think it's rice just personal preference ... That said I would not add them to my X at least not with the lights turned on

#19 ·
to me its a fine life of rice. i like how its different, but not so much how they light up. and yea cheaper then OEM scuff plates.

#21 ·
no decision on rice or not rice but i have carefully taken apart my interior when doing my stereo myself SO MANY WIRES in the little side panels etc FTW

hope you have a good wiring diagram (there are some on the site and evom) and good luck, gods speed dont clip the wrong wire wire lmao :)

#22 ·
Even with the lights, I wouldn't consider this rice for the simple fact that it serves a couple purposes: 1. Protects the crappy plastic, which scratches fairly easily. 2. Makes cleaning up easier during the winter. 3. Helps your drunk friends in the car after the bar...

But I doubt I would purchase this, or if I did, wouldn't hook up the lights. In the end, if you like it, just buy it. Polling a bunch of haters on the internet shouldn't sway you one way or the other when it comes to aesthetics.

#26 ·
just get them OP, i like em, and more importantly you must like them, who cares if someone calls you a "ricer" there are WAY more derogatory words you can be called

hell someone on cobaltss.net called me a ricer because I bought an Evo? ppl just say ricer freely

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.