Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

EVOpalooza 3, Gingerman Track Day

38K views 706 replies 42 participants last post by  surensm 
#1 ·
Yes, its true! The most exciting event in ALL of Motorsports is upon us once again. Evopalooza 3...the pinnacle of track day excellence. For those not familiar, two years ago I made my own track day event at Gingerman Raceway in Michigan and named it Evopalooza. I had no experience with organizing an event, but have beyond a passion for driving my Evo on the track. I wanted more people to experience this, so I took a chance and set this up. I exceeded even my wildest expectations.

I will keep the total amount of cars relatively low, so everyone has plenty of running room. I'll have a few coaches, some with headsets, so if you have never driven on the track before you won't be left high and dry. This was one thing that kept me from getting on the track, I was intimidated. I can assure you that won't happen here. There is no pressure, no one is a professional race car driver.

I'll include lunch with the deal, most likely pizza, but if there is a complete kitchen onsite at Gingerman should you want something throughout the day.
If you're worried about changing your brake fluid or pads, don't be. For about $50, a very experienced tech can handle this for you.

I also will not be advertising this anywhere but this forum for the next month or so, to give as many Evo owners as possible a chance to go first. Please understand I don't make a dime from this event. In fact, it costs me money...a good amount too.

This event is on a Friday. On Saturday and Sunday, another great group rents the track as well. Much bigger event. I've made a deal with them to get all Evopalooza drivers a discount, so you can make a weekend of this. Its costs only $5 to camp at Gingerman, which is a blast. A quick run to the Walmart to pick up beer, tons of fun. This is also a resort town on the lake, so the option to rent a house exists too. A few guys could split the cost and stay together. I go the house rental route, but bring my 3 kids and their grandparents, so my house will not be party-central.
Hopefully all the guys that went last year can go this year, we had a fantastic group. And hopefully some of the last years drivers will chime in too, with good and bad. If there is something you think could be changed, I'm all ears!

Anyway, please try to come. Its a great time, and a good opportunity to not only see what your car can do, but also meet up with fellow Evo owners in a location that isn't a Starbucks parking lot. Thanks guys. :thumbup:

http://evopalooza.eventbrite.com/

See less See more
#394 ·
Why wouldn't he pass? I pass broomstick test with my S2k (although I have an SCCA approved roll bar). Stock roll hoops should still be sufficient (as shown in the previous picture). It's possible I have even less clearance than shown in that picture.

#398 ·
I'm 6' 2", and I pass pretty easily. I'm surprised he won't pass :/ Although, I haven't had the test done on stock roll hoops.

#414 ·
Just FYI I might be running on winter tires. Is that ok? Money has been super tight with a situation I went through recently.

#415 ·
No problem. I hope all is well

#418 ·
Had the new taco bell breakfast, it was the worst thing ever. I'll eat taco bell on occasion, there's one right near where we do auto-x and it makes a good quick bite at the end of the day (free refills on drinks...).

But goddam the new breakfast is horrendous. I took a few bites of each of the items I ordered before giving up and throwing it all away.

#423 · (Edited)
What did you order? Everyone around here loves it. It's actually selling really well.
Had to google the menu: but a bacon breakfast burrito and a steak am crunch-wrap.

Given we stopped in this little town in bumm-f*ck nowhere Missouri to order it, it might have just been that restaurant. But the eggs tasted, well, not like eggs. Clearly powder with water added, except way too much water.

#425 ·
It probably was just this place we stopped at. But it was such an off-putting experience I doubt I'd ever order taco bell breakfast again.

I remember trying to figure out why it tasted so bad, and taking some egg out and eating just the egg. It had absolutely no flavor to it. They might as well have just stuffed the burrito with edible Styrofoam.

Sorry for getting crazy off topic... I do really enjoy taco bell's main menu :thumbup:

#426 ·
Hey Ddawgg, you know what would be funny? I'll bring you some Taco Bell breakfast food at Evopalooza, ya know, like a joke. It'll be hilarious, I can't wait....oh...hold on a sec. I got ahead of myself, I forgot your a giagantic douche that would rather go to a wedding then dominate a road course. Nevermind....

#429 · (Edited)
This was one thing that kept me from getting on the track, I was intimidated. I can assure you that won't happen here. There is no pressure, no one is a professional race car driver.

Hey Ddawgg, you know what would be funny? I'll bring you some Taco Bell breakfast food at Evopalooza, ya know, like a joke. It'll be hilarious, I can't wait....oh...hold on a sec. I got ahead of myself, I forgot your a giagantic douche that would rather go to a wedding then dominate a road course. Nevermind....

#430 ·
Ddawg is my friend Surensm. I'm joking. When you put all the time, money and energy into putting on an event like this, I welcome your comments. Until then, I'm asking you nicely, please stay out of this tread.

#431 ·
I mean, it's not even HIS wedding. I could MAYBE excuse it if it was his wedding, otherwise, basically no excuse for missing Evopalooza.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.