Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

missing piece

2K views 26 replies 19 participants last post by  BigT 
#1 ·
As you guys could see from my signature im missing a downpipe to complete the list.

Which downpipe would you use on your car

AMS widemouth
ETS 02 dump ( new design )
Ultimate Racing

#5 ·
I do....I just like the fact that AMS is quality proven time and time again. I know that its spendy but they make the good shit. Just personal preference I guess

#9 ·
I like the AMS one best. Second would be the UR one.

#13 ·
I have the AMS, and I have to say it is great. No problems thus far with it, plus it is cast and not welded like the others, which is great for keeping the heat in the exhaust as well as it should be very durable for a daily driver.

If I would have to do it all over again, I'd still pick AMS.

#14 ·
We have our new design manifold, which can be built recirculated or dumped to the atmosphere. We also include a surface flanged and gasket for a perfect seal. You will see some of the other manufactures who don't include a gasket, I HIGHLY recommend a gasket!

The reason we use a separation from the wastegate and the downpipe is to prevent any type of turbulence that may be caused by the wastegate opening and closing.

If you have any questions in regards to our downpipe, let me know!

Thanks,

Michael

#21 · (Edited)
I have an AMS Downpipe sitting in my living room waiting to be installed. To be honest the quality is top notch. I'm with Joey, if I could do it all over again I would get every single performance part from AMS, all my future parts will be AMS. Besides the Downpipe is so perfect and beautiful every time I see it I want to :wackoff:

#22 ·
Ya, it's built in house. LOL.

We have a few differences, we use a v-band outlet and the tips are perfectly centered, where the ultimate racing has tips pushed further towards the outside of the vehicle. We tuck the exhaust system a bit higher then most to allow for more ground clearance.

Thanks!

Michael

#23 ·
I would go with one of these.

1. AMS
2. ETS
3. Specialty X
4. ATP

#26 ·
I got the AMS/dp as well, unbereavable quality...(waiting to be installed as well)
however for my FMIC, i chose the ETS over the AMS because I lead myself to believe that it had overall better flow characteristics/potential....
as far as quality goes, I haven't seen this piece in person yet, so i can't really say for sure, although I do not doube ETS prolly has top notch build as well...
I'm still waiting for it in the mail...

:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.