NAV: Nag screen and in-motion video hacks? - Page 10 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > '08+ Lancer Common > '08+ Lancer Common Electronics & Audio
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

'08+ Lancer Common Electronics & Audio General discussion for electronics & audio topics that are common among all 08+ Lancers.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:42 AM   #91
mrnicekap
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yxd68 View Post
Are you *sure* the disk you took out (original one) is not spinning? It is locked and cannot be read until it is unlocked. Then you should see the drive type and assorted partitions (I assume you already know this).

Did you leave power on (battery connected, ignition off) when you removed/re-installed the HDD? I have found that the MMCS must boot twice to recognize an unlocked drive - I think it locks it on shutdown, then unlocks and proceeds normally the next time

When I have disconnected the battery then removed/re-installed the HDD, it always has failed to read for me.

Unfortunately the availability of replacement IDE auto-rated drives is very slim now.

Where are you located? I have all the proper tools for unlocking and working with these drives.
First, thanks for reply.

Yes, I am sure. The drive is dead. Yes, I leave the power on (battery) while installing/removing the drive.
I think the problem in my case is, that the unit can`t lock the drive, because it`s not booting. (Shows instantly this Message)
So, I tried to lock the drive with the xbox tools:

lockhd -p b2........

But still no luck. Maybe the drive(s) I tried aren`t compatible with the mmcs.

Does anybody have a link of an online shop, which sells MMCS-Compatible 2.5" IDE Drives?

Best Regards
mrnice

Last edited by mrnicekap; 11-11-2010 at 12:29 PM.
mrnicekap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2010, 03:38 PM   #92
Yxd68
Forum Addict

Do a search for two Toshiba models:

MK3029GAC
MK4036GAC

Those are the two hard drives as used by M itsu in the MMCS (first is 30GB, second is 40GB). Both are 2.5"x9.5mm, IDE format, and are automotive rated for vibration and temps.

While any 2.5"x9.5mm IDE disk will electrically work and mechanically fit, your first summer day (naturally depending on where the car lives) or first pothole will kill them instantly.

Alternately you can look for Seagate automotive drive mdl# ST980817AM (80GB) (Seagate used to make 30 and 40GB model also). These drives are automotive rated.

Before you use just any notebook drive, look up the vibration and temp specs on the auto-rated ones and compare.

Most recent time I searched (four months ago) to buy some of these drives I did not find ANY. Grrr...
Yxd68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2010, 03:21 AM   #93
redevox
X-phile

hey guys i follow the instruction and it doesn't work on my mmcs any more info?
redevox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2010, 05:20 AM   #94
09GTS_DesertRat
n00b

Looks like this thread is about dead, but I just bought an 09 Lancer and wanted to enable the option to watch a DVD while driving (for my kids to watch in the back seat of course). Anyways, I burned 3 discs so far. I tried using PowerISO and Nero. I also tried burning the files in the ISO (.KWI files) onto CD-R's and also the ISO itself to a CD-R. Each disc I have tried has not worked.

I'm wondering where a few posts said to have the car running? I'm assuming it doesn't have to actually be running, but just need power to the MMCS? Also, when you put the CD in your PC, are you supposed to see the KWI files or the ISO?

I can't believe I work in the IT field and this little thing is causing me this much grief! Maybe I'm just not patient enough and not allowing enough time for it to load?
09GTS_DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2010, 12:57 AM   #95
09GTS_DesertRat
n00b

Found this when searching today and worked for me...hopefully this will help anyone else having this problem with an 09

Quote:
Works great with my 2009 Lancer GTS.

Loader- BLD-NR-261 UM 1.09
Application- 00.30.94

Used image http://www.deltainfo.ro/manuals/mits...MMCS-261UM.iso
Burned image with Image Burn

Popped it in, asked to update..said yes...updated successfully then rebooted, asked to update again..said no, tested and works great! Thanks every1.
09GTS_DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2011, 05:00 PM   #96
Cyp
Forum Lackey

Is there a button sequence to reset the Navi back to stock?
Cyp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2012, 02:29 PM   #97
guruevo
n00b

Mr 2012

Anything for the 2012 ?
guruevo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2016, 04:05 AM   #98
DsmEvoX
n00b

Smile software

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09GTS_DesertRat View Post
Found this when searching today and worked for me...hopefully this will help anyone else having this problem with an 09
How can I get the software? Looks like is not available anymore.

I have the same version as yours.
DsmEvoX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement