Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

transmission fluid

6K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  Clipse3GT 
#1 ·
Since mitsu wants to charge me 250 for five gallons of mtf... what is everyone using? I would go with just a run of the mill 75w80, but I don't know what additives the stock fluid might have or whatever (trans n00b). If you are using any aftermarket diff fluid I'd be willing to hear what you are using as well.

30,000 mile service FTL.

EDIT - and don't say mitsubishiparts.net... they are the ones that charge the least and it is still 5 gallons for 250.
http://www.mitsubishiparts.net/catalog/?section=624

#3 ·
How much oil do I need to order for change?

#7 ·
I am running Redline MTL... the shifting is smoother over the OEM fluid, very precise and not mushy because the MTL (70w80) is a bit lighter than the 75w80 of the stock fluid when cold. Flows better at lower temps too. I think Redline MT90 (75w90) would be too thick for the factory spec.

#12 ·
i just bought some neo 75w90... that should be nice..

#17 ·
I am using AMSoil MTG, but I feel its a bit too thick on start up, works well once warmed up. I am interested to see what happens, in the winter with this oil. If it will become hard to shift I am going to change to the Redline Scot Grey Mix I used in all my other Mitsubishi's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.