Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Evo x sst problem

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  KozmicMotorsports 
#1 ·
Sup guys im new to the forum but ive been reading for awhile. Got my 08 evo mr about a month ago with some mods and what not. When i got it everything work perfect but now whenever i put the car from park to reverse the reverse light on the console blinks once. When i put it back into park it makes a horrible click/clunk noise. It also only does this when the car is fully warmed up. Definitely dont think this is normal cause its a recent problem i have. It also makes the same clunk noise when it downshifts from 4th - 3rd - 2nd. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#2 ·
Try reading through the SST sub forum in the meantime while your waiting on a response. You may find some more info. I can't help you, I have a GSR tranny

#3 ·
The biggest clue is the large clunk and the blink going int R. The clutch is probably done, along with the damper. It's not uncommon for these cars to get traded off when the transmission shows even a hint of trouble. The big clunk is because the internal springs are broken within the damper, so basically it doesn't dampen correctly. Getting this fixed is not terrible expensive, but it is not cheap either. If you bought an aftermarket warranty they will usually cover the transmission related issues, so long as the car is mostly stock appearing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.