Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Borla or Corsa catback

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Tayhan 
#1 ·
Need some help on choosing between these two catback exhausts. There's no thread here that compare this two. I just wanna hear you're guys opinions. Any good/bad experiences with these exhausts. Are the exhausts too loud while cruising in the highway?? How much hp will i gain between this two?? Unfortunately, these are the only brands i can get locally.

#2 ·
My vote goes to Borla.... Been eyeing them and read reviews about them for a while now, they have good quality and sound. Sound clips from youtube in several angles portay that they have good depth of sound. check them out. Also, check HKS Hi-power, CNT RS and Spec-D dual exit.

#4 ·
I think the OP is caught up on picking up an exhaust locally.

#5 ·
If i get them locally, i get about 20-30% discount. And besides, these two are great exhaust, so why not take a bite of the discount right?:p:p:p

#7 ·
I have the corsa and made a video of it WITH the cat still on:

I love every second of it. I recently slapped on a MAP test pipe and i fell in love with it even more. The growl, the screaming at WOT, and the minimal drone while cruising. Ill back up corsa's claims of drone free tech. When im cruising at 80ish, its there. But if you're talking to someone in the car with the radio off, there's no screaming required. Of course when you step on the gas it's a bit louder but cruising anywhere under 80 will produce VERY VERY VERY low drone and with the radio/music playing, you can barely hear it. People say its a bit heavy but if that doesn't matter to you and you don't want an exhaust that'll get you on the cops radar, i recommend this one. Just loud enough with a nice growl.

bonus points, i get a few crackles and pops while driving around and i always smile a little when it happens.

#10 ·
I love every second of it. I recently slapped on a MAP test pipe and i fell in love with it even more. The growl, the screaming at WOT, and the minimal drone while cruising. Ill back up corsa's claims of drone free tech. When im cruising at 80ish, its there. But if you're talking to someone in the car with the radio off, there's no screaming required. Of course when you step on the gas it's a bit louder but cruising anywhere under 80 will produce VERY VERY VERY low drone and with the radio/music playing, you can barely hear it. People say its a bit heavy but if that doesn't matter to you and you don't want an exhaust that'll get you on the cops radar, i recommend this one. Just loud enough with a nice growl.

bonus points, i get a few crackles and pops while driving around and i always smile a little when it happens.
Thanks for sharing your video. I guess i like this better now because the drone is minimal while cruising. I wonder how the drone level with the borla exhaust. Do you know?? And is the corsa heavier than the stock cbe or about the same??

#8 ·
I will say (even though it may not be relevant) that Corsa is like the holy grail in the GM truck world. When I was looking at a cat-back system for our Tahoe people raved about the Corsa.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.