Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

PICS of your WINTER MODE X's !!!

138K views 852 replies 267 participants last post by  .Adam 
#1 ·
post pics of winter mode x's tires , mud flaps, evos covered with snow, mud, salt, post videos on snow. this what these cars are made for too!!!

would post something up but jerzey didn't get any snow yet.
let's see your dirty x's!!!

#4 ·
Do NOT use your stock tires in the winter, on ice, snow, or in temperatures near, at or below freezing or you will die or worse, wreck your car.

Get a set of stocker rims, some winter tires, and don't look back.

#3 ·
NOOOOOO....didn't you read the huge note plastered on the driver side door. Do not drive in winter on the Advan's at all. I don't want to read any more, i tried driving in light snow on my advans and slide into a curb thread. There were more than i wanted to read last year at this time.

Pony up and buy winter tires, winter rims too if you got the buck.

#6 ·
Auidi R8 knock off wheels, 18"x8" in gun metal - $189/wheel no tire pressure sensors.

The offset isn't the greatest and it doesn't look to mean but I've had my car on ice, dirt, mud and rain with these wheels and some Pirelli 225 45 R18 snows and it's a great set up. Total cost including mount, balance and taxes was just over $1,400 - definitely worth the piece of mind.

Pics will be up in a week or so when I'm back from holidays.

#14 ·
We got snow here about 10 years ago, the snowflakes melted and evaporated before it hit the ground. :godance: I hope to go w/out winter tires . Maybe just grandma when I drive in the upcoming winter (hopefully).

#16 ·
Got my WinterSport 3D's waiting in the garage ready to be mounted. I can't wait until it starts snowing. I'll be sure to post some pics and videos.:D

#19 ·
As bad as I feel for driving my X in the snow thats why I bought an AWD car! It is made for these conditions, so I mind as well use it. Just need to wash it often and it's all good. I almost bought a winter beater but decided I would rather buy more mods (FP something or other :shades:).

So yea, more mods is worth it over not driving the X how it's supposed to.

#22 ·
My car has been resting in the garage for the past week, and probably wont see daylight until March/April :(

#30 ·
Those rims are damn sexy

#31 ·
Well not exactly covered with snow and 'wintery' looking, but both mine and the wife's cars are at least ready for it now :)
Both well and truly 3m'd, RA flaps, winter tires (we'll see how good these are compared to the Wintersport m3's I've had before) and a few coats of sealant and wax. Just need to throw the winter wipers on.

#72 ·
A fellow Calgarian that has TWO MR Xs at home?

Awesome.

Have you had them a while, long enough to have met winter already? These cars are amazing for winter driving.

<--- Calgarian living in Edmonton

We really need to get an Alberta X meet going on. Next summer perhaps.

#33 · (Edited)
Looks good. I am debating 3m. I have not liked it so far on my 2007 Stang...as it starts to look like garbage and will never look as clean as the paint (bugs don't come off well).
It's actually Stone shield, not 3M. Same type of thing obviously, but the cars I've seen wearing it seem to have faired better than the ones I've seen with 3M. It certainly doesn't seem to yellow as much as 3M, and if you wax/seal it along with your paint it seems to retain its sheen pretty well.
Both mine and the wife's car have it on the front bumper, half way up the hood, mirrors, partial front fender and extra pieces on the rear door flares, as well as thicker (20 mil) on the headlights and fogs and as you can see from the pics, it's not that easy to spot.

I think Durashield/Venture shield is similar in that it seems to hold up a little better than the regular 3M.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.