Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

2012 BMW M3 Competition - Correction and Ceramic

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  sosojeff 
#1 ·

This 2012 BMW M3 came in with just 206 miles on it, however, it suffered a dealership prep and was already marred and damaged. There were some surface scratches on the hood and quarters, and many rids and marring on the sides of the vehicle. The Competition wheels also needed some attention so we removed them, treated and applied two coats of CQuartz ceramic protection. The M3 itself was also ceramic coated after the correction for the owner to enjoy!

Wheels off!

Cosmoline and brake dust stains on the barrels, degrease, de-tar and IronX up to the job

The wheels were alcohol wiped and then applied with two coats of CQuartz. Left to dry for 2 days before going back on the car

Masked up all the trim, took depth readings and inspected the paint...not the best for only 206 miles. Thank you improper dealer wash!

The paint condition pre-correction, a good amount of RIDs and marring were found as well as some dealer installed scratches

Here is a pair of 50/50 correction snaps between the door and front fender

The paint condition after the correction, the interior light shots are pre-ceramic coating, the outside pictures are post-ceramic coating

Now for some finished reflection shots

See less See more
#7 ·
alcohol wipe and cquartz

#6 ·
Dealers are retarded, they don't know how to take care of cars they just spray em down and call them washed. I bought my evo from a bimmer dealer and they said they'd detail it for me before i pick it up. They literally just took it to one of those automated car wash things that fucks up your paint. Had to spend 2 days getting rid of all the swirl marks it made.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.