Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

TWM Performance FULL Replacement Mitsubishi Evolution X CAGED Short Shifter!!!

5K views 34 replies 10 participants last post by  CrazyIvan 
#1 · (Edited)
--------------> ANNOUNCEMENT<---------------

Hi Everyone,

Following some testing by forum members, we've been able to confirm that the TWM Performance FULL Replacement CAGE Assembly will fit ALL Other Aftermarket SHORT SHIFTERS! So everyone that was waiting to see if this would fit the shifters they owned that were not TWM Performance CAGE Replacement can now place their order!

http://www.twmperformance.com/short...ishi-evo-x-full-replacement-shortshifters.htm

If you have any other questions, please let us know!

Patrick
Team TWM Performance

****ULTIMATE Full Replacement Short Shifter for YOUR Evo X by TWM Performance ****

Hi Everyone,

After a LONG and anticipated wait, it’s FINALLY here! TWM Performance introduces the NEW Full Replacement CAGED Short Shifter for the Evolution X! TWM Performance Mitsubishi Short Shifters are the ULTIMATE Short Shifters for YOUR Car, but we’re taking it one step further with the FIRST Full Replacement Short Shifter for the EVO X, EVER!

So a little bit about us, and then about this kit, why we designed it, and what the benefits are.

--- TWM Performance and the FULL Replacement CAGED Short Shifter ---

At TWM Performance we’re always looking to push the envelope of design and ingenuity. It all started back in 2009 with the FIRST true Full Replacement short shifter for the 8th Gen Honda Civic. The product was instantly a hit and we had a hard time keeping the units in stock. It has now become our BEST SELLING Short Shifter that we offer, and people continue to rave about the difference the unit makes in the drivability and enjoyment of their vehicles.

Then we went on to create a similar unit for the MazdaSpeed 3 which was again a HUGE success. So now, we’re ready for another homerun with the EVO crowd :)

--- The EVO X Full Replacement CAGED Short Shifter ---

The benefits are simple. Basically this kit Completely replaces the OEM plastic shifter housing with an All Steel Construction and uses our current TWM Performance EVO X Short Shifter! That means all play in the plastic assembly is eliminated, creating a more direct and precise shift feel. In addition, the center OEM pivot cup is replaced with our TWM Performance Center pivot system which has tighter tolerances than the OEM piece, which again means less play in the assembly, and a more direct shift feel.

Finally to optimize every aspect of the Full Assembly, we’re using Ball Bearings in the Side Arm to make for the smoothest shift possible, every single time! In short, this kit is GUARANTEED to COMPLETELY Revolutionize the way Your EVO X Shifts!

Here are the specs for the
TWM Performance Mitsubishi Evolution X Full Replacement Caged Short Shifter:

Features:

- 30% throw reduction (uses TWM Performance Evo X Short Shifter)
- 1.5 inch Height Reduction
- All steel construction
- Includes solid Base Bushings
- CAGE is compatible with existing TWM Performance Short Shifter
- Available to buy CAGE only or combo of CAGE + TWM Performance Short Shifter
- Available in combo with Cable and Transmission Arm Bushings
- Lifetime Warranty

Fits:

-Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 10

In short, the
TWM Performance Full Replacement CAGED Short Shifter will remove play from your OEM shifter thereby increasing feel, precision and accuracy of Your Car’s shifts! It is the ONLY Shifter Solution on the Market to completely replace the OEM Shift Assembly, and get the MAXIMUM Performance out of your EVO X!

So now on to the important part! The Short Shifter is now on Pre-Order! This means that the shifters are currently IN PRODUCTION and will be shipping out on the FIRST WEEK of the OCTOBER! We will be giving SPECIAL PRICING to people who place their orders on the PRE-ORDER to be shipped on the first week of October!

PRE-ORDER SPECIAL PRICE:

-Full Replacement CAGED unit ONLY (TWM Performance Short Shifter Bolts in): $249.95
-Full Replacement CAGED unit COMPLETE with Short Shifter: $409.95

Getting on the pre-order will insure that you get the Very FIRST batch of shifters to market! To get on the PRE-ORDER, simply Place Your Order at the Link Below. You’ll be put on the list of the first Short Shifters to ship!

-TWM Performance Full Replacement CAGED Short Shifter --- CLICK HERE To get in on the PRE-ORDER!

Also be sure to check out our Premium Weighted SHIFT KNOBS available in a combo deal with the Shifter at the link below! You can SAVE up to $30 on the purchase of Your Shift Knob!

www.TWMShiftKnobs.com

Feel free to ask any questions you may have by posting in this thread, sending us a pm, sending us an email (sales@twmperformance.com), or by giving us a call toll free at 1-877-655-0540.

Thanks!

Patrick

Team TWM Performance
www.twmperformance.com

www.twmshiftknobs.com

See less See more
#2 ·
Ordering mine now!

Stay tuned for full review!

#5 ·
Awesome :) Thanks for the order

I want to get one as well. But i thought there was going to be a race version, with a different shifter?
The Race Version will not be released for some time if at all. For the time being, the Street version is the only one available. Having said that, if ever we do release the Race version shaft, it will be 100% compatible with the Cage that is on sale right now.

Patrick
Team TWM Performance

#4 ·
I think the only difference with race version will be a different shift? Maybe I'm wrong...

#14 ·
So apparently mine is going to be or already is shipped:godance:

Looking forward to making some time to install it as soon as it comes in so I can play with it!!

#16 ·
--------------> ANNOUNCEMENT<---------------

Hi Everyone,

Following some testing by forum members, we've been able to confirm that the TWM Performance FULL Replacement CAGE Assembly will fit ALL Other Aftermarket SHORT SHIFTERS! So everyone that was waiting to see if this would fit the shifters they owned that were not TWM Performance CAGE Replacement can now place their order!

http://www.twmperformance.com/short...ishi-evo-x-full-replacement-shortshifters.htm

If you have any other questions, please let us know!

Patrick
Team TWM Performance

#17 ·
--------------> ANOTHER Announcement!<--------------

Since demand was so big for these and we sold EVERY Shifter in the Pre-order batch, we're going to be running a SECOND Pre-Order at the SAME Pre-Order Price.

For those of you that missed out on the first pre-order, now is your chance to get your order in! I'll be posting a link to the second Pre-order shortly!

Patrick
Team TWM Performance

#18 · (Edited)
Just got mine in today! This thing looks nothing short of amazing. I can't wait to install this thing!!

You guys need a better printer though :p

EDIT: Actually, now that I've looked through the PDF install guide, it looks like I may be missing a few things. I did not receive a "cup remover tool" or the allen key tool (This one is okay because I own a whole set. Just an FYI of what I have received). Since I didn't get the tool, is there an easy way to remove the cup without it? Also, I'm guessing that steps 16-20 are not needed for this install and I just go straight from undoing the lines to removing the entire assembly correct? Thank you.

#21 ·
OEM ones are locking ones that you cant really take off the bolt. If you can get them off yes you can use them then. But it was easier for me to just buy 4 washers for .99 cents. I got some flat 1/4" washers that did the trick.

#22 ·
Good enough. I got a local hardware store that always has random stuff that I need like this. Thanks for the heads up!

But I still have the issue of getting the cup off. Is it something I should try by hand or would it be easier to just get an OEM one from somewhere?

#23 ·
You should have gotten a C-clip remover tool with your TWM if you ordered a shifter as well.

#25 ·
Judging by the pictures that some posted, the cage and SS come assembled if you ordered them together. i.e. They completely forgot to send extra tool.

This is a brand new product / first shipping. There are bound to be silly issues. (washers missing / tool missing ).

#26 ·
Good point. I didnt even think about how it's possible that it comes pre assembled from TWM. Can anyone that bought the replacement cage and SS comment if that is true? That's y it is always a good idea to read as much as you can b4 doing anything even when it seems as simple as this. I'm sure the next batch that goes out the door all these issues will be fixed.

#31 ·
Shoot them a PM with what you are missing. You NEED the solid base bushings or else the geometry will be off. You need the others as well but if you have an allen set then just request the others.

#32 ·
this good for RHD?

need a tester? :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.