found this 10.2 Headunit, android system ! - Page 21 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Vanity
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Vanity Discuss body kits, wings, interior mods, etc having to do with the appearance of the Evo X. Do NOT post detailing threads here.

Old 01-10-2017, 04:38 PM   #201
dukemineralz
n00b

My unit fits beautifully but they are heavy units so spirited driving can maybe shake it a tiny bit loose.

Duke
dukemineralz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2017, 03:02 AM   #202
NinjaX

Oh not sure never really noticed since they install it, will take a look at it tomorrow. I dont use it everyday so missed that detail, i also got the unit install it the same day i got the car. But overall is an upgrade, sound, apps, everything.
NinjaX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2017, 10:38 PM   #203
NinjaX

In think i fix it, looks like it did pop out a bit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2350_1484177886847.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	801.4 KB
ID:	262378  
Old 01-14-2017, 03:48 PM   #204
reco@speedcircuit
[Approved Merchant]

These things are clean! Will definitely be adding one of these to the dash!
reco@speedcircuit is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2017, 03:48 PM   #205
JpsEvoX
n00b

I'm having difficulty finding an answer to this question. Does anyone have this head unit installed with a backup camera?

If so, does the entire unit have to power on before the backup camera is displayed or will it quickly turn on when the car is put into reverse?
JpsEvoX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2017, 12:13 AM   #206
eunsangie
n00b

I'm about to install backup camera, and from what I've seen, the unit does NOT need to be powered on fully for the camera to work.
As soon as I put it in reverse, the screen goes blank and tries to show the camera input.
since mine is not hooked up yet, it just shows a triangle with exclamation mark
eunsangie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2017, 02:23 AM   #207
itdiestoday

Quote:
Originally Posted by JpsEvoX View Post
I'm having difficulty finding an answer to this question. Does anyone have this head unit installed with a backup camera?

If so, does the entire unit have to power on before the backup camera is displayed or will it quickly turn on when the car is put into reverse?
I'm pretty certain ninja has the back up camera too. Hopefully he will chime in.
itdiestoday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2017, 03:50 AM   #208
NinjaX

No need for full boot, as soon as it detect your in reverse it will display the backup camera like the screen below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eunsangie View Post
I'm about to install backup camera, and from what I've seen, the unit does NOT need to be powered on fully for the camera to work.
As soon as I put it in reverse, the screen goes blank and tries to show the camera input.
since mine is not hooked up yet, it just shows a triangle with exclamation mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2396_1485319808674.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	574.2 KB
ID:	262738  
Old 01-31-2017, 06:14 PM   #209
HatrixMouse
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JpsEvoX View Post

The head unit works passively with the backup camera (hence why you power the camera connection going into the head unit), so that the camera display even with the head unit OFF.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:12 AM   #210
turboskinny
n00b

@15awdturboevook
what i did was first pinned my grey plug that was taped up in the back and plug it in to the stock rf radio so i would have the camera working with the stock radio cause the reverse signal from the tranny is already in that plug and u just had to put the video signal in to get it working then i used the wire for the reverse lights in the back to jump power the camera on.but if u have the outlander cambus u can just plug in the grey plug to the canbus and then run the video rca to the radio and just use the reverse light power on and the best place is the wire gloom above the sub on the driver side use a tester then camera u still going to have too ground the camera and make sure u go in the setting of the radio and select the outlander with amp canbus option to help out on the steering wheel controls then everything should be fine.but in my case i replaced my stock amp with a 5ch amp and sub was replaced with a jl audio sub and yes u need a spacer to make the sub fit unless u going to cut ur stock box
turboskinny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement