Need advice on aftermarket seats - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Vanity
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Vanity Discuss body kits, wings, interior mods, etc having to do with the appearance of the Evo X. Do NOT post detailing threads here.

Old 04-12-2017, 10:10 PM   #1
JustEVOX
n00b

Need advice on aftermarket seats

Hey guys, like many other FE owners, I too am plagued with the regular Lancer seats. Having once owned a 2010 GSR and now being without the Recaros, it really feels like something is missing. I've been on the lookout for some used Recaros, but I'm also open to some aftermarket seats. I have a few questions for those out there that have some:

1) What reclining aftermarket seats/rails do you have and how do you like them?

2) I'm considering the Bride Cusco Digo seats. (I'd post a link, but I don't have enough posts yet to post pics) Does anyone have them? I've read that the seat profile on the Brides rails is really low. I'm only 5'7" and worried it might be too low.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
JustEVOX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2017, 04:16 AM   #2
Kennyjames
Just Spooling Up

go with the bride Stradia II. i had them in my older civic before my evo and i loved them
Kennyjames is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 05:01 PM   #3
EnJaNir
n00b

I don't have any experience with aftermarket seats in the X, but I have with previous platforms.

Can't go wrong with the Recaro Speed. This is a very comfortable affordable seat.

Another option is the Bride Cuga. Lower seating position than the recaros and more expensive but also quite comfortable.

I'm 5'11" 185ish and was very happy with both. The seating position will drop with any aftermarket seat but most seat rails offer a few positions for fixed height adjustment.
EnJaNir is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017, 02:56 AM   #4
Mlouis
Just Spooling Up

I have Status Ring seats. I've sat in various brides and recaros and my favourite are still the recaro SPG. I find brides to be pretty uncomfortable over longer drives and they dont seems to hold me in as well as status or recaro.
TOMEI
ETS
SAKURA
STATUS
AST
VORSHLAG
TWM
GRIMMSPEED
REXPEED

Mlouis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017, 04:17 AM   #5
Kennyjames
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnJaNir View Post
I don't have any experience with aftermarket seats in the X, but I have with previous platforms.

Can't go wrong with the Recaro Speed. This is a very comfortable affordable seat.

Another option is the Bride Cuga. Lower seating position than the recaros and more expensive but also quite comfortable.

I'm 5'11" 185ish and was very happy with both. The seating position will drop with any aftermarket seat but most seat rails offer a few positions for fixed height adjustment.
Bride cuga/Vorga is no longer made
Kennyjames is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017, 02:03 PM   #6
Fender137
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlouis View Post
I have Status Ring seats. I've sat in various brides and recaros and my favourite are still the recaro SPG. I find brides to be pretty uncomfortable over longer drives and they dont seems to hold me in as well as status or recaro.
How are you liking the Status Seats? Ive been looking a set for sometime. Ive got a Recaro Pole position Ng seats, but they are a little narrow for my shoulders only when I let me arms rest from the steering wheel.

Last edited by Fender137; 04-21-2017 at 02:15 PM.
Fender137 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017, 02:49 PM   #7
Jeremyyn
Just Spooling Up

i see many just getting some used evo x recaros, but I think they're a bit more costly than just buying new Brides/Recaros.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:31 AM   #8
Mlouis
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender137 View Post
How are you liking the Status Seats? Ive been looking a set for sometime. Ive got a Recaro Pole position Ng seats, but they are a little narrow for my shoulders only when I let me arms rest from the steering wheel.
I like them a lot, theyre quite stiff (carbon seat) but extremely comfortable. They hold you in really well for track. Theres not much more you can ask for in a seat. However, they may not be for everyone, they fit tighter than most other seats and the bolsters are higher.
TOMEI
ETS
SAKURA
STATUS
AST
VORSHLAG
TWM
GRIMMSPEED
REXPEED

Mlouis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2017, 02:23 AM   #9
pbasil1
Just Spooling Up

Sparco R600 are very nice. But after you pay for them and all the hardware needed, you might as well just pay $1500 for some used Recaros from an earlier evo. This is the case for almost all aftermarket seats. Sure the R600 or some brides etc will be nicer, but they cost quite a bit more.

The Sparco R100 are super cheap, and not very comfy. The OMP "Style" is a little nicer of a seat for a few $ more than the R100, but still a very basic seat. Status has a pretty good middle ground. Decent quality for a fair price. They kinda fit between the cheap recliners and higher end ones like Bride Gias or Recaro Speed.

Keep in mind that almost all aftermarket seats will require a seat base, which is usually over $100 each side. Then some seats are side mounted, and will need another bracket to mount them to the base, $60-$120. And finally if you want them to slide, you need sliders. Usually $60-$80 each depending... It adds up quick and many many time customers get all excited about some affordable seats they want to install, then when i explain that they need ~$500 in mounting hardware, for their $600 seats it really opens their eyes!

Let me know if I can help source anything for you
RICKERMAN TUNED
-=ONE Performance=-
pbasil1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2017, 02:28 AM   #10
pbasil1
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlouis View Post
I like them a lot, theyre quite stiff (carbon seat) but extremely comfortable. They hold you in really well for track. Theres not much more you can ask for in a seat. However, they may not be for everyone, they fit tighter than most other seats and the bolsters are higher.
Those are shaped pretty similarly to my Sparco Pro2000. Deeper bolstering, but man they keep you planted! After installing it the car felt like a hold new beast! I drove for hours just enjoying the new response and feel.

Probably not what op is looking for since they mentioned they still want reclining seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremyyn View Post
i see many just getting some used evo x recaros, but I think they're a bit more costly than just buying new Brides/Recaros.
Not hardly. $1100-1500 for used OEM Recaros.

Recaros Speeds cost about $900 for ONE. Then you also have to buy the mounting hardware for them. You are looking at over $2k for aftermarket Recaros or Brides installed.
RICKERMAN TUNED
-=ONE Performance=-

Last edited by pbasil1; 04-26-2017 at 02:30 AM.
pbasil1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement