advice on my shopping cart - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Performance
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Performance General discussion for performance topics that are unique to the Evo X. IF THE TOPIC IS COMMON WITH OTHER LANCERS, PLEASE POST IT IN: '08+ Lancer Common.
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2017, 04:56 AM   #1
EvoXtope
n00b
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 7
advice on my shopping cart

hello all!! I bought my ww x gsr bnew 3 yrs ago! only performance mod I added was K&N drop in and HKS Hi Power catback. Now, mod bugs hitting me again and "might" pull the trigger soon. My evo is my daily, and just wanted to enjoy my daily drive more(street car build). I'm planning on getting all my parts from maperformance. Then, have them installed from any performance shops around bay area. Tune? not sure where to go... bains tuning or fftec? wanted dual map pump/e85. e85 is just 12 minutes away from home.

my questions are:
1) does my cart looks right? any input? any cheaper but quality parts out there?
2) how long does it usually take if I order from map?
3) test pipe too risky around bay area?
4) test pipe o2 bung or add o2 bung to my stock down pipe?
5) how much do you guys think installation and tuning will cost me?
6) which tuner? why?
7) WHP outcome after these mods? mustang dyno?

thank you in advance!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_zpslwrtbq3z.PNG
Views:	81
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	266098  
EvoXtope is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-06-2017, 05:39 AM   #2
ChrisG23
X-phile
 
ChrisG23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
iTrader: (0)
Location: Eastern PA
Posts: 837
Looks solid, but I hear you cali peeps can land in a world of shit if found with a test pipe. I would just stick to a hfc. The power gains from a hfc to a test pipe aren't significant.
__________________
MHI 18k ported
MAP Cast Manifold
Wally 450
ID1300
FlexConverter.com Blue Flex kit
AMS DP, UICP, LICP, IC
STM Bellmouth intake
ETS test pipe ETS V2 quiet
Ohlins R&T 10k/10k
Whiteline F & R 27mm & endlinks
TephraXmod V3
E tune in progress

Me "I'm not gonna mod it, it's my daily"....
ChrisG23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2017, 05:59 AM   #3
EvoXtope
n00b
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG23 View Post
Looks solid, but I hear you cali peeps can land in a world of shit if found with a test pipe. I would just stick to a hfc. The power gains from a hfc to a test pipe aren't significant.
thanks bro! but, based on forums, if its not stock cat, its illegal? is there a difference when caught with straight pipe from hfc? or just less obvious due to smell? thanks again!!!
EvoXtope is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2017, 07:24 AM   #4
ChrisG23
X-phile
 
ChrisG23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
iTrader: (0)
Location: Eastern PA
Posts: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoXtope View Post
thanks bro! but, based on forums, if its not stock cat, its illegal? is there a difference when caught with straight pipe from hfc? or just less obvious due to smell? thanks again!!!
I'm a Pennsylvania native so I can't speak to the repercussions for tampering with emissions equipment in Cali, but yes, smell will be quite noticable without a cat.
__________________
MHI 18k ported
MAP Cast Manifold
Wally 450
ID1300
FlexConverter.com Blue Flex kit
AMS DP, UICP, LICP, IC
STM Bellmouth intake
ETS test pipe ETS V2 quiet
Ohlins R&T 10k/10k
Whiteline F & R 27mm & endlinks
TephraXmod V3
E tune in progress

Me "I'm not gonna mod it, it's my daily"....
ChrisG23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2017, 07:31 AM   #5
EvoXtope
n00b
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG23 View Post
I'm a Pennsylvania native so I can't speak to the repercussions for tampering with emissions equipment in Cali, but yes, smell will be quite noticable without a cat.
Thanks ChrisG23! yeah, I'm still asking around about test pipe. I'll also start looking at some hfc options
EvoXtope is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2017, 03:44 PM   #6
AiZ
Just Spooling Up
 
AiZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
iTrader: (0)
Location: South FL
Posts: 102
Hey, just FYI in case you don't know - that RexSpeed dual pod isn't a replacement for your A-Pillar, it goes OVER it. And people have complained of fitment issues, and that it has a different finish from OEM. If you want a real A-pillar replacement you'll need to find Ortiz pods, or track down anybody else still making them. DSG doesn't seem to anymore. Also I've read lots of bad things about FIC injectors; ID seems to be the preferred brand around these parts, but I have no experience with either.
__________________
2011 WW MR -
Depo UICP / ETS Intake / ETS HFC / Nvidia Q300 / GS 3-Port EBCS / Chet tuned!
Swift SPEC-R / Whiteline RSB / Endlinks / RCK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AiZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2017, 05:15 AM   #7
isaachunyu
Member
 
isaachunyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
iTrader: (0)
Location: North California
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoXtope View Post
hello all!! I bought my ww x gsr bnew 3 yrs ago! only performance mod I added was K&N drop in and HKS Hi Power catback. Now, mod bugs hitting me again and "might" pull the trigger soon. My evo is my daily, and just wanted to enjoy my daily drive more(street car build). I'm planning on getting all my parts from maperformance. Then, have them installed from any performance shops around bay area. Tune? not sure where to go... bains tuning or fftec? wanted dual map pump/e85. e85 is just 12 minutes away from home.

my questions are:
1) does my cart looks right? any input? any cheaper but quality parts out there?
2) how long does it usually take if I order from map?
3) test pipe too risky around bay area?
4) test pipe o2 bung or add o2 bung to my stock down pipe?
5) how much do you guys think installation and tuning will cost me?
6) which tuner? why?
7) WHP outcome after these mods? mustang dyno?

thank you in advance!!
If you can afford it, get the flex fuel kit. I never see my ethanol content more than 80%, usually it's just around 75%-78%. I have my HFC for nearly 2 years, no problem at all in bay area. I prefer Bains Tuning. I heard FFTEC not working on evo anymore.
__________________
2014 W.W. Evo X MR
5150 Tuned Full bolt-ons Flex Fuel
Instagram:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
isaachunyu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2017, 12:51 PM   #8
pbasil1
Just Spooling Up
 
pbasil1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
iTrader: (100)
Location: Northern Alabama
Posts: 434
I think in your area, a slight sacrifice would be smart. Go with the HFC! It wont be worth it getting busted for having a test pipe, or dealing with emissions inspections annually.

I PMed you BTW!
__________________
ETS 4" FMIC+UPPER&LOWER IC PIPES
ETS 4" INTAKE
ETS RECIRC DP AND TP
RICKERMAN TUNED
-=ONE Performance=-
pbasil1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2017, 08:46 AM   #9
EvoXtope
n00b
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AiZ View Post
Hey, just FYI in case you don't know - that RexSpeed dual pod isn't a replacement for your A-Pillar, it goes OVER it. And people have complained of fitment issues, and that it has a different finish from OEM. If you want a real A-pillar replacement you'll need to find Ortiz pods, or track down anybody else still making them. DSG doesn't seem to anymore. Also I've read lots of bad things about FIC injectors; ID seems to be the preferred brand around these parts, but I have no experience with either.
Wow thanks! I thought that its a direct replacement. I'll look for some other options. and also do more research about which injector to get. appreciate it!
EvoXtope is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2017, 09:02 AM   #10
EvoXtope
n00b
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
iTrader: (0)
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaachunyu View Post
If you can afford it, get the flex fuel kit. I never see my ethanol content more than 80%, usually it's just around 75%-78%. I have my HFC for nearly 2 years, no problem at all in bay area. I prefer Bains Tuning. I heard FFTEC not working on evo anymore.
I really wanted to get a flex fuel kit, but can't seem to find a good review or source of where to get one, or how to do it. Is there a difference getting caught using a test pipe and an HFC? thanks!
EvoXtope is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
evo x, mods, parts, tuning

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what the 2x4 is made of.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mercedes knows its buyers, designs golf cart of the future testdummy Automotive News, Articles & Pics 0 07-23-2013 06:10 PM
Renault Twizy Cargo is an EV and shopping cart in one testdummy Automotive News, Articles & Pics 0 06-26-2013 09:00 PM
Video: Turbine-powered golf cart is the quickest way to the clubhouse testdummy Automotive News, Articles & Pics 0 04-22-2011 09:00 PM
Go-Cart Racing dcasandman Off topic 16 01-05-2009 09:02 PM
Adventures in excess: Golf cart powered by Yamaha R1 engine testdummy Automotive News, Articles & Pics 1 09-12-2008 08:22 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:18 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.