Need Expert Statment - SST issues after use non-Gen fluid - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Transmission & S-AWC System > SST
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

SST Post all topics about the SST transmission here.

Old 04-14-2017, 09:24 AM   #1
npallavi

Need Expert Statment - SST issues after use non-Gen fluid

Hi Team,

I have run into issues with 2008 MR, before starting to drive the car, My mother had Lubemoblie ( Mobile Mechanic in Australia ) who utilized Penrite DCT fluid in the SST.

The car had only 10km on the car since SST service when the car started to neturalize.

I have since had my warranty voided by Mitsubishi Motors Australia Limited.

Lubemobile are a licensed repairer are denying liability as they state they have used an oil which meets the standards on DiaQueen SST.

Where can I find information that is going to support this fight with either Mitsubishi - Penrite - Lubemobile

Thanks in advance
2008 Evo X M.R SST // Kelford Stage 2 cams/springs // Stock Turbo // Hyper Flow Hard Pipe Kit // BluFlex Sensor // ID1300 // DW300c Pump // Grimmspeed 3-Port // Empire cat-back straight through // Test pipe

2016 Yamaha R1 // stock // 200 rwhp // Daily/occasional track

2005 Honda CBR1000 // Fork upgrade // PC5 // PC Ignition Module // PC Quickshifter // 180 rwhp // Track / Stunt Bike

2015 Triumph Street Triple 660 // 2009 R1 Rear shock // Stunt Bike
npallavi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2017, 01:26 AM   #2
fearfulmaster

You might have better luck in the Australian forum clubcj.net

Lubmobile just follows what Penrite say and Penrite just follows what their supplier say.

The VW guys seem to think Penrite is ok so it is probably targeted for the DSG. I just wish makers of DSG compatible fluid stop saying it is suitable for getrag boxes unless they have done extensive testing rather than just drawing conclusion on desktop analysis.

Last edited by fearfulmaster; 04-18-2017 at 01:28 AM.
fearfulmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2017, 10:52 PM   #3
kozmic27
[Elite Merchant]

Using non OEM fluid in an SST is akin to murdering it. Not even kidding.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tuned by kozmic27:

MyEvo X MR:
;

quickest and fastest SST 1/4: 9.43@155(record)

1st 11 sec SST 1/4 11.851 @ 117.72
Stock Evo XTurbo10.826@125.65
(record)
kozmic27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2017, 01:07 AM   #4
AiZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by npallavi View Post
Hi Team,

I have run into issues with 2008 MR, before starting to drive the car, My mother had Lubemoblie ( Mobile Mechanic in Australia ) who utilized Penrite DCT fluid in the SST.

The car had only 10km on the car since SST service when the car started to neturalize.

I have since had my warranty voided by Mitsubishi Motors Australia Limited.

Lubemobile are a licensed repairer are denying liability as they state they have used an oil which meets the standards on DiaQueen SST.

Where can I find information that is going to support this fight with either Mitsubishi - Penrite - Lubemobile

Thanks in advance
Did Mitsubishi give you a statement why they voided the warranty? Is it because you used non-oem fluid in the car, or because you took it to a shop that's not a Mitsubishi dealer/repair shop?

If it's for the use of non-oem fluid, then there's your basis for going after the shop that fucked up.

AiZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement