Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

DOH! Stupid Butterfingers. EFR7670 Help!

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Dags 
#1 ·
So my turbo to UICP coupler burst due to heat. Got a new coupler, wrapped it in DEI wrap, then went to install a heat shield I made from a license plate. You'll notice a bolt hole on the head just near where the turbo compressor housing is. Well while trying to thread the bolt into the head I dropped it. Unfortunately the shield was in the way so I couldn't see where it fell.

I took a magnet and went into the compressor inlet then the outlet as far as I could. I then took 1.5 hours looking everywhere in the area and under the car for that bolt but could not, for the life of me, find it ... which brings me to my question:

Is there anything specific to be aware of when removing the EFR's compressor housing's V-Band clamp and housing itself? My setup doesn't use the built in BPV, Wastegate, EBC or have a turbine speed sensor attached. I've taken compressor housings off before but just want to be sure before I pull it all apart tomorrow as I haven't dealt with these yet. I'm thinking remove both couplers, remove clamp, pull housing. Simple, right?

#4 ·
Happy this is here for reference..

To update:
Went back outside at 12 am because I couldn't stop thinking about where that bolt went and my gut was telling me it wasn't in the turbo. I wound up getting full into the engine bay and found it way back on the transmission. I win!

Thanks for the replies! Now to get some time to button it up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#5 ·
Wow your lucky, that that great news to hear.

#11 ·
#12 ·
I did that.. but the thing is when I came up with nothing I still wasn't sure! Hence my plans to remove the compressor housing. Still glad I didn't have to :D.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.