Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

AGP Cast Twin Scroll Turbo Kit

214K views 2K replies 115 participants last post by  JaytheGreat 
#1 ·
I didn't know about this kit until yesterday since i don't spend much time on evom any more so i thought it was worth sharing over here since i haven't seen it mentioned yet.

Cast Twin Scroll Manifold
AGP 46mm external wastegate
SS Dump Tube Reroute
3" SS Downpipe
All oil and water lines and fittings
Silicone Couplers and Clamps

i had from a skittle before the evo and agp is a huge name over there so i pulled the trigger to get one of these kits. I went with a PT 6266. It should be here in about 2 weeks. fingers crossed i have the car back and the block broke in when it arrives.

i'll keep you all posted on how the install goes.

obligatory: just spreading info about a new kit that i haven't seen on here. agp didn't give me anything special to post

See less See more
#539 · (Edited)
I just got off the phone with AGP. I sent my turbo into to MAP for an EF3 upgrade, but they found 2, one inch long cracks in the turbine housing. They said its the worst they've ever seen. Needless to say, I'm not so sure stock frame is for me any longer. Ben suggest the 2.8 (I have an MR), but I was considering the 5858 too. I have low HP goals, 400whp for the time being. I wasn't planning on going T3 anytime soon, so my knowledge on them is relatively low. I was concerned that the 5858 is oil cooled only, and heat is a huge issue for me right now.

#546 ·
Excellent. I currently have stock block as well. Looks like 2.8 it is, unless there are any other suggestions. This car is not a DD, only track. Thanks

#547 · (Edited)
Personally I would go PT5858.

I am quite happy with the power the Zeta 3.0 makes on 91, it's too bad the spool isn't anywhere near as good as a 5858. I will be replacing my Zeta 3.0 with a PT5858 this spring or next, have not decided yet.

Don't get me wrong, the car feels good, but a 500-750 rpm faster spool with the same power if not more is appealing. With this kit swapping turbos is a breeze.

So far I have about 10,000kms on this kit. Not a single issue. Car has been driven in 110F heat and -40F cold.

Who knows, maybe I will just leave the car alone this year and just drive the damn thing! :D

R~

#548 ·
Personally I would go PT5858.

I happy with the power the Zeta 3.0 makes on 91, it's too bad the spool anywhere near as good as a 5858. I will be replacing my Zeta 3.0 with a PT5858 this spring or next, have not decided yet.

Don't get me wrong, the car feels good. But a 500 rpm spool with the same power if not more is appealing. With this kit swapping turbos is a breeze.

So far I have about 10,000kms on this kit. Not a single issue. Car has been driven in 110F heat and -40F cold.

R~
Thanks for the advice sir. I'm about 2/3 thru reading this thread, very interesting reading. The reason I wanted to upgrade my turbo in the first place was to gain top end. I'm tired of losing ground to any 5.0 mustang on the straights. It would seem the 5858 will give me that. I don't need the highest absolute power, not even close. I need the most reliable power I can get, with the lowest amount of heat. I was having serious temperature issues , obviously one of the reasons my stocker cracked.

#553 ·
Ill be selling my AGP kit soon if anyone wants to pick it up.

#850 ·
what kit do you have

#561 ·
You're definitely going to be limited by the hot side on the AGP turbos. I've spent probably 15 hours on the dyno now trying to break 554 WHP (Mustang Dyno) and it just can't push any more air up top. I'm hoping to get some better results this week, but 700 WHP just isn't achievable without a bigger A/R hot side.

Remember, a 1.0 A/R twin scroll T3 is like having a 0.70-ish single scroll T3 housing.\

The spool is definitely the selling point of this kit. Despite the initial hate on my 6262 setup due to our quirky dyno, I've never seen a 6262 spool like this on a 2.0 L.

#562 ·
Hey UT... Ever get a chance to test fit another ewg on the AGP exhaust manifold?

#565 ·
Not yet, but I'm convinced my boost curve problem lies in various restrictions. I've tested air filters, will be testing a freed-up exhaust this week, and have made good power with each change.

If I find I'm still limited, I might try a different wastegate, but I don't think it will help.

#566 ·
This might sound incredible stupid, but I'm having a hard time understanding why someone would pay $2500 for an FP red when this kit is only a shade more? I'm getting very close to pulling the trigger on this kit with the 5858 BB and am just wondering if there is something I'm missing...some glaring issue that I am overlooking.

#568 ·
You aren't missing anything, the FPred is a well designed, well engineered BB solution into a stock housing. It's very custom and FP is the market leader for stock frame territory so you pay a premium.

This a budget kit and you get what you pay for in all reality. It works as others have shown, you will probably have to modify it some to get it to work as far as fitment goes and its not really tested by AGP from what I can tell but it will make a 5858 bolt on to your car and make it go faster.

#571 ·
The size of turbo you are talking about is just waking up at like 6000rpms. You better rev to at least 8500, should be 9k or 9.5k honestly. That turbo wants to rev with how damn big it is and it will flow that high up too.

Especially if you want the big numbers you are talking about.

#576 · (Edited)
My first track day I cracked my exhaust manifold, lost 1 stud, and 3 nuts connecting manifold to turbo.

It sucked.

Still having the time of my life to get exhaust manifold nuts to not loosen. Just tried Nord-lock washers, I hope they stay but I'm doubtful. I think I'm going to have to do some safety wire in the near future.

God I hope my turbo doesn't crack. That would suck major donkey nuts.

#577 ·
Its exhausting. The last time my bolts decided to commit suicide, I was zipping around on the track like a maniac, unaware that my turbo was being held onto the manifold by one nut.
If you track the shit out of your car, it would seem that the cracking is inevitable. I'm hoping the T3 will at least make it easier to fix, not necessarily more reliable.

#580 ·
Agreed.
I will say that the OEM washers work very well when used properly. I don't personally track my car but I have a few very good friends that do and one of them is on a stock turbo and never has had a problem with loosing bolts from manifold to turbo or DP to turbo.
Another one of them has a T3 setup and he uses double norlock washers with longer studs on the turbo and a nut with the washers on each side. I've never had a problem with norlock washers.

#581 ·
There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for it. Some people have issues, some don't. I'm not really upset about considering the beating my car takes.

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60894

above is pictures this spring when I was putting my SSP cooler kit on... 2 bolts had fallen off at the track and fused into my plastic under tray.

#582 ·
I've been running this kit with a 6266 since may and love it! I haven't driven it much lately, but finally got a chance to clean up the tune some and do a couple logs last week. The spool is relatively nice for the size turbo, but it seems to lack some of the top end an ETS/AMS/MAP kit would have, but cant complain for the money.

Mods are full turbo-back exh., FIC 1100, walbro, and MAP 3.5"intake, ETS4" IC. Stock Cams + clutch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.