found this 10.2 Headunit, android system ! - Page 28 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Vanity
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Vanity Discuss body kits, wings, interior mods, etc having to do with the appearance of the Evo X. Do NOT post detailing threads here.

Old 03-20-2017, 09:27 PM   #271
staywide8
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robevo View Post
ok i have this unit and i installed it. I did ordered and got the RF harness kit for 2014 GSR supposedly, but its saying for Outlander. Maybe its a same.
Unit looks nice, very very straight forward install.

HOWEVER:

i do missing from the start the menu of the steering wheel buttons, so i do not have any options to pair it with my steering wheel. Huge draw back , that was a MAIN reason why i didnt got any other unit before, because either i didnt liked the unit or they missing the factory button commands...

Also the Bluetooth was working about 20 minutes , i did even call over my friend with it.
After a about 20 minutes BT disappeared form the unit . No phone can see or find the head unit BT. The pictures above you see the BT on and that is later vanished.

Radio channels after i restart the unit lost memory.

Igo nav,, work but after 20 sec the screen goes blank and i have no clue neither find in a navi menu how to stopped that.

Overall i am on the fence with this unit, if there is no solution for these problems.

connection check:

what is this? no place to plug it:

installed: ( here you can see , no more BT sign therefore no more BT connection.)

Maybe try a factory reset? I've had no issues with mine, besides making it stay in the dash
staywide8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2017, 12:07 PM   #272
KARo7
Forum Lackey

I have a JDM 2010 with RF, would this work?
https://www.amazon.com/SYGAV-Mitsubi...oid+car+stereo
AEM Boost and AFR Gauge
GTworx springs
Twm SS kit and bushings
Work ultimate kiwami 18*9.5 + RE11's
act pro-lite flywheel + comp stage 3
Magnus CMC
MR rotors & Hawk HP+
KARo7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2017, 02:02 PM   #273
dragR5

I think there's a newer version here...someone correct me if I'm wrong.

www.eliteevolved.com/products/mandroid
dragR5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2017, 09:59 PM   #274
MRevolutionX

I'm having the same issues as Robevo. Anyone know anything about these? Did the quad core Android 5 have these issues?

I posted a more detailed explanation on the "other site".
Toda Fightex coilovers 12kg F/10kg R
Akrapovic titanium exhaust w/ carbon tips
AMS FMIC, UICP, LICP, intake, widemouth DP
GrimmSpeed 3 port EBCS
Tanabe wideband AFR, boost, oil pressure gauges
CP-E gauge pod
ColtSpeed engine cover
OEM leather Recaros, SSS wing
RalliArt JDM carbon front lip
Gentex Homelink rear view mirror
VLEDS conversion
OEM footwell LEDs
More parts on the way...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MRevolutionX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2017, 10:29 PM   #275
txfakuma
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragR5 View Post
I think there's a newer version here...someone correct me if I'm wrong.

www.eliteevolved.com/products/mandroid
^ Yes this is the new one. Again, if someone is looking to upgrade i will buy your recent unit for the right price. PM me.
txfakuma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2017, 04:51 AM   #276
northernstar
n00b

Thinking about getting this unit along with a backup camera. Which backup camera would you guys recommend? Is it hard to install? I am not very good at these things so not sure if I can install the backup camera by myself lol
northernstar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2017, 02:19 PM   #277
DotevoX
n00b

Hey guys just installed the new 6.0 unit, super fast and LOVE it...even wired up the backup cam and works amazing. (the 20 dollar one from ebay/amazon/eliteevolved that replaces left license plate light)

My ONLY issues are: I feel like im getting a "ground loop back" or the alternator whine... i grounded the cable with the circle hook on the bolt with the bracket that holds the stock radio in place... saw other people do this too, however i feel like mine is somehow not good enough? is anyone else getting this whine? I saw a post a few pages back in this thread that said he grounded BOTH ground wires...is that other black wire a ground that also needs to be grounded?

Thanks for any help on that!

Other issue is just my Elm327 bluetooth OBDII reader thing doesnt ever connect to my head unit... I see it as available, and click to pair but nothing ever happens... even hit pair once and drove like 30 minutes and nothing happened. Any tips on what i could be doing wrong?

thanks!

GREAT headunit though if anyone is still on the fence. SO worth it! and this one is soooo fast
DotevoX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2017, 02:30 PM   #278
NinjaX

Not sure about the ground part, need to figure this one my self. About the OBDII just go to Bluetooth settings not the Bluetooth app and hit connect from there, the OBD blue icon will show up. That will mean is connected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotevoX View Post
Hey guys just installed the new 6.0 unit, super fast and LOVE it...even wired up the backup cam and works amazing. (the 20 dollar one from ebay/amazon/eliteevolved that replaces left license plate light)

My ONLY issues are: I feel like im getting a "ground loop back" or the alternator whine... i grounded the cable with the circle hook on the bolt with the bracket that holds the stock radio in place... saw other people do this too, however i feel like mine is somehow not good enough? is anyone else getting this whine? I saw a post a few pages back in this thread that said he grounded BOTH ground wires...is that other black wire a ground that also needs to be grounded?

Thanks for any help on that!

Other issue is just my Elm327 bluetooth OBDII reader thing doesnt ever connect to my head unit... I see it as available, and click to pair but nothing ever happens... even hit pair once and drove like 30 minutes and nothing happened. Any tips on what i could be doing wrong?

thanks!

GREAT headunit though if anyone is still on the fence. SO worth it! and this one is soooo fast
NinjaX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2017, 07:36 PM   #279
ChrisG23
X-phile

I've been wrestling with weather or not to pick this up for quite a while now. I have a 2014 MR with Rockford Fosgate system. There seems to be a lot of bugs with this unit and I'm just waiting to see them get worked out. How many out there with a 2012+ Rockford equipped car have been trouble free?
Old 04-04-2017, 02:59 AM   #280
NinjaX

I upgraded to the 6.0 but my 5.1.1 was very stable, the new one is ok still fixing some Bluetooth bugs everything else works for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG23 View Post
I've been wrestling with weather or not to pick this up for quite a while now. I have a 2014 MR with Rockford Fosgate system. There seems to be a lot of bugs with this unit and I'm just waiting to see them get worked out. How many out there with a 2012+ Rockford equipped car have been trouble free?
NinjaX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement