2015 Evo Mountain build - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Evo X > Evo X Build Journals
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Evo X Build Journals Build journals specifically for the Evo X. One thread per build. Be sure to read the sticky.

Old 11-20-2016, 06:06 PM   #1
TurboX
Just Spooling Up

2015 Evo Mountain build

Well I have been lurking here for awhile and thought its time to introduce my 2015 Evo (non FE). I rescued her in January 2016 from a Ford dealership with 3,000 miles on her with only a dual exhaust.

For awhile I haven't known what I want to do with it. Everyone around here with Evos build them for the strip. I came from a background of street bikes before the Evo. I live at the bottom of the NC mountains and I used to ride sport bikes all over the curvy roads around here so it was just natural to take my Evo up there too. It was the most fun I've have on something with a motor. Now I have decided to build my car for the mountains.

As of now I have:
ETS intake
ETS test Pipe
Ultimate racing exhaust
Cobb Boost Controller
Short shifter
Boost and Wideband gauges
65c fuel pump
Tuned by MotionLabs in Charlotte NC
336whp/350tq at 26psi
Stock struts with eibach pro springs
Bridgestone RE760 tires (stock size)

I still ride with mostly sport bikes and I lead the pack most of the time. The car is already fast and really fun in the tight curves so I'm thinking it would be better to add more power for the straights and better suspension for the curves. And better brakes.

I just order my stage 2 setup:
ETS Vband Kit with the New version 2 GTX3076R turbo
ETS 3.5 Intercooler kit
FIC 1650 injectors with Plug in play
Buschur Racing Double Pumper fuel pump
Dual 93/E85 maps
All done by Kasey Harris @ dyno time speed works.

I'm open to suggestions on ways to make my car better for the mountains/track. Help me to get the car setup for the spring.

Last edited by TurboX; 11-21-2016 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Added pics
TurboX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2016, 06:26 PM   #2
TurboX
Just Spooling Up

Future plans this winter so far is:

Exedy twin disk clutch CMS and flywheel
Ohlins road & track coilovers
strut and anti roll bars
Rotors and pads
Bulletproof motor...

Last edited by TurboX; 11-20-2016 at 06:33 PM.
Old 11-20-2016, 06:56 PM   #3
Special_K
Just Spooling Up

I am doing a similar build to yours. We take our Evo down to Gatlinburg each year and spend the week driving mountain roads (Dragon is a must) and I take a guys weekend each year to southern Ohio for country/mountain spirited driving.

Best mods you can have IMO is a great set of coilovers (Ohlins R&T is what Im buying this winter), a great set of tires (RE071s, RS3s, PilotSuperSports, Direzzas, etc) and some meaty pads. Power is nice and what your building is fine, but you cant really use a shat ton of power on a true mountain road. Its all about how well you can maintain speed and how you can keep your car in the power band.

Don't forget to find a happy tire pressure and get a roll center kit when dropping the car down. Both will find you speed and confidence in the corners.
Special_K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2016, 07:08 PM   #4
TurboX
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special_K View Post
I am doing a similar build to yours. We take our Evo down to Gatlinburg each year and spend the week driving mountain roads (Dragon is a must) and I take a guys weekend each year to southern Ohio for country/mountain spirited driving.

Best mods you can have IMO is a great set of coilovers (Ohlins R&T is what Im buying this winter), a great set of tires (RE071s, RS3s, PilotSuperSports, Direzzas, etc) and some meaty pads. Power is nice and what your building is fine, but you cant really use a shat ton of power on a true mountain road. Its all about how well you can maintain speed and how you can keep your car in the power band.

Don't forget to find a happy tire pressure and get a roll center kit when dropping the car down. Both will find you speed and confidence in the corners.

Thanks for the advice, I just went to the dragons tail last week. It was awesome. I had a guy on a sports bike behind me trying to keep up with a GoPro. I'm hoping he sends me the footage. I would love to post it. All I hear is how good the car sticks to the road. Everyone is amazed including me. I agree with what you said about power. I figure I will use the 93 map for mountain riding and the E85 for the V8s in the neighborhood. I need less body roll more then anything. What tire pressure are you running?

Last edited by TurboX; 11-20-2016 at 07:15 PM.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:14 PM   #5
TurboX
Just Spooling Up

Also I finally found a set of Evo Recaros I installed yesterday. Now I might be able to stay in the seat. If there wasn't a ban on fires right now I'd have those Lancer seats burning out back.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:17 PM   #6
Dross99_si
X-phile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboX View Post
Also I finally found a set of Evo Recaros I installed yesterday. Now I might be able to stay in the seat. If there wasn't a ban on fires right now I'd have those Lancer seats burning out back.
LOL! I'd almost pay to see a pic of that

GTX3576, GSC S2, GSC SPRINGS & Ti RETAINERS, MAP CAST MANIFOLD, MOORE 3.5" INTAKE, AMS UICP, ETS LICP, AMS FMIC, AMS DP, MIL.SPEC 100 CELL HFC, PERRIN 3" CBE, KOZMIC CATCH CAN, 3 PORT EBCS, SYNAPSE DV, ID 1000, WALBRO 400, COMP STAGE 2

JON BAKA 5150 TUNE (MUSTANG DYNO)
403 WHP / 340 TQ - CA 91 OCTANE

Build details here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dross99_si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2016, 08:27 PM   #7
Special_K
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboX View Post
Thanks for the advice, I just went to the dragons tail last week. It was awesome. I had a guy on a sports bike behind me trying to keep up with a GoPro. I'm hoping he sends me the footage. I would love to post it. All I hear is how good the car sticks to the road. Everyone is amazed including me. I agree with what you said about power. I figure I will use the 93 map for mountain riding and the E85 for the V8s in the neighborhood. I need less body roll more then anything. What tire pressure are you running?
Right now I run the same all around. I set them for 36psi cold and then check them again once they are warmed up. I try to say +/- 1psi while out for spirited drives.
Special_K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2016, 10:48 PM   #8
TurboX
Just Spooling Up

Well I just dropped her off for two weeks for some love. Can't wait to get a beast back!

Old 12-13-2016, 05:50 PM   #9
Cflo23

What front lip do you have installed ?
Cflo23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2016, 10:11 PM   #10
TurboX
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cflo23 View Post
What front lip do you have installed ?

I bought the APR lip. I really like it and the fit and finish is top notch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement