MAPerformance - Cast Stainless Tubular Manifold V-Band Turbo Kit for EVO X - NEW! - Page 2 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Merchant Marketplace > Elite Merchant Marketplace
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Elite Merchant Marketplace A place for our Elite Merchants to start threads and discuss sales, products, and services.

Old 09-26-2016, 11:00 PM   #11
Maperformance
[Elite Merchant]

The runner design is very close to uniform in length, but visually, it is not particularly obvious... I believe that in the strictest sense, the runners are not completely uniform... there is a slight imbalance in length, but the flow is targeted to be uniform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeesEvoX View Post
faaaaackkkK!!! so I could have a damn precision 6262 ball bearing turbo, and everything else to hook it up to my car for $3k??? god dammit.

1 question... are the runners on this manifold un-equal? looks that way to me.
P: 1-888-MAPerformance
E: 108
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AIM: lvishnyakatmap

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Maperformance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2016, 11:01 PM   #12
Maperformance
[Elite Merchant]

We plan on producing these for a good, long while. Not saying I hope your turbo fails, BUT should you decide this option is for you in the future, it will be here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortose View Post
I should have guessed that as soon as i found a replacement for my blown turbo, a new option would come out.

Old 09-26-2016, 11:19 PM   #13
chetrickerman
[E-Tuner]

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorlab View Post
I'm not sure how that answered my question at all.

I don't really care about the power numbers, I care more about the curves, area under the curve, spool, etc.

You tested it right? Can you post some charts? Some boost logs?

Some photos of the actual kit installed on a car? I'm interested in how the heat shielding sits and how it all looks fully installed.

I am very interested in the kit as I am currently building my motor and was planning on a GTX3076 but this has caught my interest.
Obviously since it's T3 v-band, it's not going to spool like a T4 twinscroll, but it should still have good response. It would be better than a stock frame gtx3076 IMO.

since you will be road racing the car, you will need the stainless turbine housing

RIP mlomker

chetrickerman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2016, 04:57 PM   #14
leo_99

When will the GTX version be ready? I already have a new GTX3576r that is yet to be installed. I currently have the MAP Cast investment manifold. I would love to switch out to the new kit. Will you be selling an option of this kit without the turbo?
leo_99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2016, 05:01 PM   #15
leo_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorlab View Post

I don't really care about the power numbers, I care more about the curves, area under the curve, spool, etc.

Some photos of the actual kit installed on a car? I'm interested in how the heat shielding sits and how it all looks fully installed.

I am very interested in the kit as I am currently building my motor and was planning on a GTX3076 but this has caught my interest.
I would stay away from the 3076. It is the bastard step child of the Garrett family. I used to have the 3076 and hated it. It spooled like crap. I switched to the GTX3071 and it spooled 500 RPM sooner but made the same peak hp on stock long block. I will be switching to the 3675 as it looks like a the perfect balance between the 2.
leo_99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2016, 07:20 PM   #16
Maperformance
[Elite Merchant]

I apologize... I am extremely sorry... absolutely DID jump to the conclusion that you were interested primarily in peak power output, which would obviously be more related to the chosen turbo than to the design of the manifold or ancillary components (although obviously they must all work together in unison to produce a quality result).

Our methodology was more grounded in fitment and flow testing... To that end, we opted for a relatively stock MR... WHY? Because our experience has been such that if you build a component to fit the MR, the kit will fit the non SST car.

Fitment is spot on with relatively even flow to the collector(best possible given constraints)... once it came to testing IN car, we were only looking for results or indications that boost was controllable. The results of this test indicate that boost is controllable with minimal overshoot and is extremely responsive.

We didn't test multiple displacements of engine, or even a built engine versus a stock engine. I believe the turbo we did testing on was a PTE journal bearing 5858, but really, our largest concern was that we might damage the SST transmission by pushing it too hard, thus, I think the highest target HP achieved during testing was something like 430HP

For this kit, or really any other turbo kit (cast, vband, t4 twin scroll, tubular or otherwise) ... choose a turbo that is appropriate for your goals and you will want to factor in things like spool, max power, displacement, transmission type, ETC... when selecting that turbo. For the purposes of practicality, we were unable to test multiple engine/turbo configurations

Absolutely! I thought there were more photos on car... please excuse the dirtiness of the engine bay... it was never really intended to be a show car

I am glad you are interested... we would certainly LOVE for that interest to translate to you getting your hands on a kit and helping to fill that gap between theoretical and cold hard data/results! Maybe even take advantage of one of the contingency programs!

Hopefully this helps SOME although I realize you might still be looking for some graphical analysis. I honestly don't know that any images were ever saved or prepared for release as the results were rather subjective to our exact combination.

Last edited by Maperformance; 09-28-2016 at 02:09 PM.
Old 09-27-2016, 07:28 PM   #17
Maperformance
[Elite Merchant]

Man.. I would LOVE to be able to jump in and make that happen for you but we aren't quite fully there yet. The manifold pattern is relatively modular, but the first batch is already welded... we likely won't fire up another round of casting until we have sold down this shipment a bit (just to be completely up front on the topic)... another thing is that the tial housings are rather expensive and while we do plan to release a hot parts kit AND indeed kits specific to other turbos, I FEAR that it would likely cost you more than you would have originally needed to spend to go that direction, if that makes sense to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo_99 View Post
When will the GTX version be ready? I already have a new GTX3576r that is yet to be installed. I currently have the MAP Cast investment manifold. I would love to switch out to the new kit. Will you be selling an option of this kit without the turbo?

Old 09-27-2016, 08:05 PM   #18
LeesEvoX
Forum Lackey

So safe to say you need a metal valve cover with this manifold hahahahah.

What can be done for manifold blankets? or wrap? Because for someone with a plastic valve cover that manifold sits wayyy to close.

If my ETS manifold (which is ceramic coated and wrapped) can show +900F from a 6" distance after a 30 minute hard drive.... I would be terrified to see how hot this thing gets..

Oh, BTdubbs.. Not knocking y'all at all. Its awesome you are still making products for a car that isn't even in production anymore. But, its new... we gotta question everything hahaha
2013 PB Evo X GSR- Kozmic Built 2.0l (stock Sleeves) Kelford 214-b cams/Brian Crower titanium springs & retainers/ Wiseco forged pistons/Manley TT forged Rods/ETS Tubular Manifold/ETS Intake W/ Custom 3.5" MAF/ETS 4" IC/ETS UICP/Synapse DV/ID2000's
and a GTX3576R

Tuned by Kozmic @ 500awhp & 365tq (E85)
Blown Ringlands, Its what makes Subaru, a Subaru
LeesEvoX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2016, 09:01 PM   #19
Maperformance
[Elite Merchant]

I noticed that the pictures I took did NOT have the included valve cover heat shield installed. We are considering a revision to that part... just to lengthen out the ends and center it better, which is why it wasn't on the car. It extends down to protect the valve cover AND gasket.

Sorry for that oversight

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeesEvoX View Post
So safe to say you need a metal valve cover with this manifold hahahahah.

What can be done for manifold blankets? or wrap? Because for someone with a plastic valve cover that manifold sits wayyy to close.

If my ETS manifold (which is ceramic coated and wrapped) can show +900F from a 6" distance after a 30 minute hard drive.... I would be terrified to see how hot this thing gets..

Oh, BTdubbs.. Not knocking y'all at all. Its awesome you are still making products for a car that isn't even in production anymore. But, its new... we gotta question everything hahaha

Old 09-27-2016, 09:04 PM   #20
LeesEvoX
Forum Lackey

I don't know why I thought y'all wouldn't have already taken that into account lol.

But you should definitely extend the shield as much as possible, also think about the cam sensor also. unless your current shield allows enough room to fit someone else's cam sensor shield.
2013 PB Evo X GSR- Kozmic Built 2.0l (stock Sleeves) Kelford 214-b cams/Brian Crower titanium springs & retainers/ Wiseco forged pistons/Manley TT forged Rods/ETS Tubular Manifold/ETS Intake W/ Custom 3.5" MAF/ETS 4" IC/ETS UICP/Synapse DV/ID2000's
and a GTX3576R

Tuned by Kozmic @ 500awhp & 365tq (E85)
Blown Ringlands, Its what makes Subaru, a Subaru
LeesEvoX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement