MAPerformance - Cast Stainless Tubular Manifold V-Band Turbo Kit for EVO X - NEW! - Page 9 - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums
Go Back   EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums > Merchant Marketplace > Elite Merchant Marketplace
Home Register Forum Store Members List Calendar Auto Loans vBGarage Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Elite Merchant Marketplace A place for our Elite Merchants to start threads and discuss sales, products, and services.

Old 12-28-2016, 11:38 PM   #81
darkknight-x
Just Spooling Up

Thanks Ill give it a try, also I ordered a oil return kit with Stainless Steel line and extra 5 ins. Feel better that way cause the one came with the turbo kit is plastic.
darkknight-x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2016, 12:31 AM   #82
razorlab
aka bryan@GST

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknight-x View Post
Thanks Ill give it a try, also I ordered a oil return kit with Stainless Steel line and extra 5 ins. Feel better that way cause the one came with the turbo kit is plastic.
Plastic -10AN return line? It's not plastic. It is standard aluminum -10AN fittings with a Aeroquip pushlock hose:

Did you clock the turbo at all before trying to install it? It needs to be clocked correctly as it comes generically clocked out of the box. Also remember the return line MUST be on the BOTTOM side as it is gravity fed and you want a straight shot to the block, no flat, ups, turns, etc.
Save

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by razorlab; 12-29-2016 at 12:44 AM.
razorlab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2016, 02:24 PM   #83
wiggles93

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorlab View Post
Plastic -10AN return line? It's not plastic. It is standard aluminum -10AN fittings with a Aeroquip pushlock hose:

Did you clock the turbo at all before trying to install it? It needs to be clocked correctly as it comes generically clocked out of the box. Also remember the return line MUST be on the BOTTOM side as it is gravity fed and you want a straight shot to the block, no flat, ups, turns, etc.
Save
razorlab is correct the turbo needs to be clocked properly for the oil return line to bolt up properly
wiggles93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2016, 06:19 AM   #84
TheSin
[Local Team Member]

Curious about the 2 mentioned heat shields and what they look like installed, I LOVE this manifold and when the time come I'm pretty damn sure this will be my setup.

Also cause I use my current UICP with this? I have a custom 3" mantle bent that I really want to keep if possible.

Great job on the manifold guys, very excited about this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My
and

Official
Sponsor
TheSin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2017, 12:20 PM   #85
staywide8
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSin View Post
Curious about the 2 mentioned heat shields and what they look like installed, I LOVE this manifold and when the time come I'm pretty damn sure this will be my setup.

Also cause I use my current UICP with this? I have a custom 3" mantle bent that I really want to keep if possible.

Great job on the manifold guys, very excited about this.
The manifold is not as great as you make it out-wastegate placement sucks, and with the provided wastegate on a built motor could not control boost. It creeped from 14 psi to 28 at redline. Swapping to a diff wastegate helped, but in the end, this manifold is a cheap copy of AMS.
staywide8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2017, 02:44 AM   #86
chetrickerman
[E-Tuner]

These kits make great power and torque. This is on a completely stock longblock, bolt-ons (including the turbo kit) and 93 octane.
The best part is, this is only 27 psi. I could definitely push 30 psi if the block could withstand the torque, lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Will Pietraszewski 5858 ID1000 3.5in Intake 93 oct 1-5-17.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	262266  

RIP mlomker

chetrickerman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2017, 10:07 PM   #87
darkknight-x
Just Spooling Up

Thank you very much, and I did not clock the turbo to the way that the oil return line is facing down. I am such noob. Anything I needed to be aware of when I re-clock the turbo?
An other question is that I noticed the intake does not have a a connecting outlet for the 3 port boost controller. How would you connect the line that was originally for the intake? thanks
Old 01-10-2017, 11:26 PM   #88
razorlab
aka bryan@GST

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknight-x View Post
An other question is that I noticed the intake does not have a a connecting outlet for the 3 port boost controller. How would you connect the line that was originally for the intake? thanks
Just vent that port to atmosphere.

razorlab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2017, 05:26 AM   #89
darkknight-x
Just Spooling Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorlab View Post
Just vent that port to atmosphere.
Thanks again.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:41 PM   #90
Maperformance
[Elite Merchant]

Happy Tuesday!

P: 1-888-MAPerformance
E: 108

AIM: lvishnyakatmap

Maperformance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement